Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can someone tell me how to defeat Sergeant Gunnery Shorzen in Trooper class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Can someone tell me how to defeat Sergeant Gunnery Shorzen in Trooper class

Genuine
01.13.2013 , 11:47 PM | #11
ye you kill him :P lol
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

emacu
01.15.2013 , 07:14 PM | #12
Well ive followed the advice. I tooled up to level 45 and with stims and meds packs. Even allocated Skill points of last 2 levels to Non-medical side (onto combat). Tooled up Tanno also. As Combat Medic it wont let me call Elara or even any of the others. It wont even let me call them in this "instance" to craft more med packs whilst fighting - they are all grayed out.
Ive nearly got him every single time but once Tanno goes down Shorzen calls fire droid and a rapid heal droid for himself so my red bar disappears as rapidly as his increases. how the F____ can 2 lvl 45s KEEP getting beaten by a single lvl 39. One time he EVEN leveled to 40 ! I swear I couldn't believe my eyes. Ive tried the up close. Ive tried the distance heals / attacks and ive tried the running away. I have lost count how many times Ive tried to beat him. What makes it worse that all the others re-spawn on that floor after log off.
I have heard others say that this was when they got disinterested, certainly in trooper.
Anyway - I have just created a ticket because I think its unfair within the game "Scoring" rules and its ruining game play. I also think its blocked my "class" progress as I can not do / even find any missions on same / higher level planets ie Belsavis. Bloody Ridiculous. I will let you know how I get on.

MishraArtificer
01.15.2013 , 09:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by emacu View Post
Well ive followed the advice. I tooled up to level 45 and with stims and meds packs. Even allocated Skill points of last 2 levels to Non-medical side (onto combat). Tooled up Tanno also. As Combat Medic it wont let me call Elara or even any of the others. It wont even let me call them in this "instance" to craft more med packs whilst fighting - they are all grayed out.
Ive nearly got him every single time but once Tanno goes down Shorzen calls fire droid and a rapid heal droid for himself so my red bar disappears as rapidly as his increases. how the F____ can 2 lvl 45s KEEP getting beaten by a single lvl 39. One time he EVEN leveled to 40 ! I swear I couldn't believe my eyes. Ive tried the up close. Ive tried the distance heals / attacks and ive tried the running away. I have lost count how many times Ive tried to beat him. What makes it worse that all the others re-spawn on that floor after log off.
I have heard others say that this was when they got disinterested, certainly in trooper.
Anyway - I have just created a ticket because I think its unfair within the game "Scoring" rules and its ruining game play. I also think its blocked my "class" progress as I can not do / even find any missions on same / higher level planets ie Belsavis. Bloody Ridiculous. I will let you know how I get on.
Christ...

If you're on Jedi Covenant, shoot Hadriel or Nerdanel a message. They're my Vanguard and Shadow, respectively, and they're both level 50. I'll bring my Vanguard, he's in full Black Hole gear. We'll kick his ***.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

DarthVitrial
01.16.2013 , 12:14 AM | #14
I killed him today while underleveled (level 37), so it can be done. The trick for me was to enter heroic moment. I hit him with the Agent, Consular, and Inquis Heroic Abilities, then quickly hit him with a cryo grenade. After that, I just alternated between Gut, Shockstrike, Pulse Cannon, and High Impact Bolt.

(Note, however, that this is for Vanguard, not commando, so...)

DerTaran
01.16.2013 , 01:35 AM | #15
I'm playing a Commando too and I'm sure, I hadn't this problems. Did you try to constantly heal Tano, while he is fighting the boss?
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 55 Commando; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 50 Scoundrel; Orokriste 35 Shadow; Annakami 50 Vanguard
Amitha 51 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

Jeezdon
01.20.2013 , 08:25 PM | #16
Sgt Shorzen killed my Lvl 42 Vanguard Trooper at least 10 times before I beat him. Kudos to anyone who beat Shorzen while at a lower level!

There have been lots of good suggestions about battle tactics here, I'd just like to add my technique.
How do you use your keyboard & mouse to fight? I know lots of players use the number keys to select an attack, but I find it slows me down to do that because I'm looking from kybd to screen while choosing an attack. When I'm fighting, I barely look at my opponent. Instead, I use my A, S, D, & W keys to dodge his attacks, and use the mouse to select an attack from my abilities bar. This helps enormously in monitoring cooldowns on various weapons, as well as being able to easily monitor my opponent's and my health levels during a fight .

That said, I still couldn't beat Shorzen until I bought a med pak at Fleet that gave me up to 3375 health points when I finally used it. I pretty much let Tanno Vik do his own thing without interfering with him while I attacked. I still found it necessary to get out of Shorzen's weapon reticle when he was about to firebomb me, that firebomb is devastating. This method of fighting let me and Tanno both survive our final battle with Sgt. Shorzen.

emacu
01.23.2013 , 12:57 PM | #17
Well - that was unusual. Over last few days leveled again to 46 and whilst others on GAUNTLET appropriately died much quicker (have concentrated my allocatable points into Combat not Medic) SHORZEN was no change. He didnt level this time and stayed at 39. This included new "Force Unite" skill and Tech skill. Put in another Ticket AGAIN. Going back through my screen shots I realised Id been on the GAUNTLET since LAST MARCH !!! No wonder I got fed up and stopped playing in April (thought it was about June).
Last night was "in game" behind a rock and a helper-droid turned up and told me they wanted to sort out my problem and to head for GAUNTLET. Conversed in-game on help-panel (he didn't like whisper) he followed and watched. Level definitely seemed to have problems during this process (lifts disappearing, getting moved about and lost) but in all fairness he was apparently trying things out.

I explained Id had nightmares about the GAUNTLET - He watched me get killed several times saying he wasnt allowed to help to much. Then said it wasnt going to happen and he was going to try and "advance me on". This didnt work either. I tried again from GUNNERY ACCESS this time and he said to use "interrupt" weapon "Disabling Shot" when SHORZ was prep'ing his heals and flame droid. This still didnt work and my point was proved - I also explained I had tried all you guys advice inc. Med Pack / Ultra heals at least minute etc. Same thing kept happening. He said he had to speak to a Supervisor.
Then he came back and said had permission to "move me on" passed Shorzen. Of course I "bit his hand off" in the proviso it would take 30 mins to sort with me logged off. I told him I thought it was bugged and he said it wasnt and it was just a tough fight - I said I just must be "crap" if 2 Lvl 46' 1/2's cant do a single 39 even if elite? (he didnt say anything to that!)....

So anyway, logged back on and although Shorz was still there BUT it let me progress - you know those Crap back and forth scenes where you go to Gen.Garza, to Republic Fleet to Ship to General Gaza to Ship again? I have to say it felt like I had "cheated" a bit.... albeit with good reason.

Just exited ship to start next on next Class instance and BANG I WAS back in front on SHORZEN with TANNO !!!!!!! ...... I nearly had a nervous breakdown on the spot. I was just about to send another Ticket when my brain not heart took over and I attacked..... GUESS WHAT SHORZEN went down straight away and TANNO died just before he did. Only problem was I had to start above all over again with Gen.Gaza ! Needless to Say I didnt care and I didnt feel like Id cheated anymore. I definitely think they realised there was a problem?

Interestingly a few NEWBS on Coruscant "General chat" said about the same time they had lost all recent data inc. Creds on a "roll back" last night and some were even on about quitting. Blocked one cos he got abusive when a few of us told him to Chill the ***k out as its only a game (and I told him what I been through).... Did any of you have any issues around this time - any one think this is coincidence?
Soooo Finally, not sure to be totally embarrassed I was "crap" seeing as it wasnt bugged (right?) or just completely glad its over - PLEASE GOD DONT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN next time I "lone meet" an Elite Boss - irrespective of Lvl! THANKS for all your help guys!
Thoughts?

Jeezdon
01.23.2013 , 05:31 PM | #18
You've certainly had your share of odd experiences concerning Shorzen. I feel your pain, I had a lot of trouble with Capt. Jesh on Quesh. I never did complete it on my own, had a friend join me to take him down. Belatedly I found suggestions that I was supposed to interact with some consoles in the room with Jesh that would have made the fight less one-sided. I wonder if there was something like that with Shorzen, too. Maybe down in the pit that we were fighting around...? Dunno.

Glad you got past Shorzen without the "cheat". Based upon your description and my own experience in finally winning that battle, I feel like luck had a big part to play. That and the 3,500 credit med pack I purchased at Fleet.

Don

emacu
01.24.2013 , 03:18 AM | #19
Thanks Don... Nope spent hundreds on MedPacks / Making Med Packs and Stims of all Varieties and made sure Armour was topped up at all times. I take your point about Panels - I even went back and made sure I cleared the level of re-spawns each time inc. the R2s & Welders in the pit... Didnt see any other interactive panels though... What does this do? disable some of his kit? Dunno. I even checked up above to see if you can stealth him. Will def bear that in mind about the panels though....

TBH I had problems with TAVUS' ship as well before all this got locked in behind a blast door that was supposed to be green and wasnt (by Med Bay). In the end only way out was to "Fleet"... "Stuck" didnt work. I never got any answers for that one. Will be mega Paranoid next time I get sent to a Capital Ship though. One thing is for sure my advice is now NEVER leave it so long before raising tickets and if they dont respond raise another.

sanjayaH
01.24.2013 , 03:44 AM | #20
So a GM had to help you out by allowing you to skip a mob that you were 7 levels above?

Ahhahaha..haha..hah....Tragic.