Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cybertech & Ship

Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
01.10.2013 , 10:36 AM | #1
Hi,
Is Cybertech, Scavenging, Slicing good for modding a ship?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Manahawkin's Avatar


Manahawkin
01.10.2013 , 11:17 AM | #2
You need UWT (Underworld Trading) to make cybertech ship parts.

You can keep your setup but you will be forced to buy the UWT goods with cash. Slicing will help offset that cost however. You could also make an alt with UWT.

Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
01.10.2013 , 11:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Manahawkin View Post
You need UWT (Underworld Trading) to make cybertech ship parts.

You can keep your setup but you will be forced to buy the UWT goods with cash. Slicing will help offset that cost however. You could also make an alt with UWT.
Would Cybertech, Slicing, Underworld Trading work?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.10.2013 , 11:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Would Cybertech, Slicing, Underworld Trading work?
Thanks
Nope.. you need Scavanging to make them... Or buy Scavanging mats from the GTN...

www.AskMrRobot.com

or
www.torhead.com

Gives all the schematics and material requirements for all crafts...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
01.10.2013 , 01:46 PM | #5
Hi again,
Is it worth it making my own ship parts or are they inexpensive?
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

ekimmak's Avatar


ekimmak
01.10.2013 , 01:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Hi again,
Is it worth it making my own ship parts or are they inexpensive?
It depends, really.

If you want ship parts for the levelling path, you cannot ignore cybertech. It makes a lot of unique ship parts that you can't get anywhere else (except the GTN, but I trust the prices there about as far as I could throw a terminal). In the endgame, it's not quite as good, as the schematics require a lot of grinding to get, and I think the materials are a tad on the difficult-to-acquire side.

Not to mention that most people simply buy them from the Cartel Market.

But still, if you're new to the game, I'd be more than happy to recommend it. Cybertech is more than just ship parts.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
01.10.2013 , 01:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ekimmak View Post
It depends, really.

If you want ship parts for the levelling path, you cannot ignore cybertech. It makes a lot of unique ship parts that you can't get anywhere else (except the GTN, but I trust the prices there about as far as I could throw a terminal). In the endgame, it's not quite as good, as the schematics require a lot of grinding to get, and I think the materials are a tad on the difficult-to-acquire side.

Not to mention that most people simply buy them from the Cartel Market.

But still, if you're new to the game, I'd be more than happy to recommend it. Cybertech is more than just ship parts.
Great thanks.
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.11.2013 , 02:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Great thanks.
My advice would be to make your main with Cyber, Scav & UWT. When you level your Cyber to ~200, start an alt, get 3 companions with Slicing, UWT, Scav... Exchange money for your main(for alt mission runs) for mats from your alts(for faster crafting/material acquisition on your main), and either save/utilize the Slicing Schematic/Mission drops or vendor/sell the ones that are not applicable to any of these...

Then you are setting yourself up good for endgame (and you could always drop Scav on your alt, in favor of a second craft(like Syth or Armormech), and be able to craft augments by funneling Scav mats from your main), and leveling via space missions and class/side quests, and PvP.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
01.12.2013 , 05:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
My advice would be to make your main with Cyber, Scav & UWT. When you level your Cyber to ~200, start an alt, get 3 companions with Slicing, UWT, Scav... Exchange money for your main(for alt mission runs) for mats from your alts(for faster crafting/material acquisition on your main), and either save/utilize the Slicing Schematic/Mission drops or vendor/sell the ones that are not applicable to any of these...

Then you are setting yourself up good for endgame (and you could always drop Scav on your alt, in favor of a second craft(like Syth or Armormech), and be able to craft augments by funneling Scav mats from your main), and leveling via space missions and class/side quests, and PvP.
Took your advice went Cybertech.
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper