Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Client closing when internet disconnects

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Client closing when internet disconnects
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chimunga
07.21.2012 , 03:10 AM | #1
Since the last patch, every time my wireless internet disconnects (which is entirely more often than I would like), my client goes back to the server list, gives me the normal "Cannot connect to server" error, but then it pops up and says "Cannot retrieve server list" with an Okay button, and my whole client shuts down.

This has only been happening recently, within the last two weeks or so, and nothing has changed in my computer since then, so I can only assume it's a problem with the game.

Thanks for any information you could provide.

Beruthien
07.21.2012 , 03:17 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings chimunga,

This seems to be working as intended to me, please let me know if I have misunderstood your issue.

If the connection to the servers cannot be re-established within a certain time frame the second error message would appear and to try to re-connect a restart of the client is needed.

Please come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thanks.
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

chimunga
07.21.2012 , 04:30 AM | #3
So, my whole game is supposed to shut down, as in crash, whenever connection to the internet is lost?

Rithu
01.08.2013 , 02:01 PM | #4
The same thing happens to me and it is totally unnecessary! It is NOT in fact working the way it was intended. There is no reason the client should close/crash when it cannot connect. It forces the user to log in over and over and over. Grrrr so annoying!