Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free call numbers from Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Free call numbers from Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore

eightymercury
01.08.2013 , 01:55 PM | #1
Yesterday I called CS becuase I was charged for 5500 cartel coins that I never received. Because I was calling from Australia I was told there was no one who could help me at the time and I'd need to call back at a different time.

This morning I discover that the free call CS number has been removed without warning. So now I've been on hold for 30 mins, wasting my time and now my money to try to get a problem addressed that should never have occurred in the first place. The CS person I spoke to yesterday was very apologetic and stressed that they are trying to improve things etc etc. - and then this happens.

I am saddened and depressed ... I can only think the game is being run by short-sighted bean counters who do not understand how so much of what is going on right now is pissing people off, especially long term and loyal subscribers.

Enough ranting, but seriously, put the free call number back! Why should I have to waste my time and my money trying to get problems addressed that should never occur in the first place.

Lizchan_
02.06.2013 , 02:30 AM | #2
Im also putting up with the same BS, here in sydney same stuff happened over December still trying to get money back

used to be on there contact page under
Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore: +800 0246 9273 (+8000 bioware)

OwenBrooks
02.06.2013 , 02:39 AM | #3
I'm in Brisbane and use pennytel, costs 1 cent a minute or 60 cents an hour, other options are out there, one such is skype but they are 3 cents a minute I believe.

Hope that helps save you some money.

heartofscotland
02.07.2013 , 09:35 AM | #4
In fairness I would expect any company that offers a "global" online product, such as SWTOR, to offer a freephone/toll-free number for customers. While it probably wouldn't cost me a fortune to call Customer Services from the UK here, I highly doubt that many others would be so lucky.

Considering the company ask that you call them (although, I have seen people saying that the company would call them back when appropriate) I would expect that service to be provided for.

BigKnubby
02.07.2013 , 10:22 AM | #5
Normally, I try to stay out of things like this but I gotta say, it just seems pretty inconsiderate and quite frankly, rude, for the company not to have a toll free number. Especially if that company has a policy which requires you to call them to resolve certain issues. It just makes it seem like the company either doesn't care about or doesn't wish to have customers outside of their own country, which makes me sad.