Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] WTH is with No Guardian Gear for Cyber?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] WTH is with No Guardian Gear for Cyber?

Never_Hesitate
01.08.2013 , 10:49 AM | #11
From level 33 upwarts I can craft Guardian mods and armorings.

Maybe it's just a bug for you.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Mortul
01.08.2013 , 03:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
From level 33 upwarts I can craft Guardian mods and armorings.

Maybe it's just a bug for you.
Must be a bug for me as well cause I have zero guardian mods in my list. Level 39.

ScarletBlaze
01.08.2013 , 03:17 PM | #13
My friend is has cybertech maxed and she can craft guardian mods from level 33 and up. She has even re some in blue and purple quality, so it seems like it is a bug for some of you.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Mortul
01.08.2013 , 03:29 PM | #14
Ok, can someone link these craft-able guardian mods? Cause I can't find any besides the guardian armoring.

Mortul
01.09.2013 , 03:47 PM | #15
So, it's not a bug then. There aren't ANY craftable guardian mods!

Nythain
01.09.2013 , 04:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mortul View Post
So, it's not a bug then. There aren't ANY craftable guardian mods!
According to Torhead (granted not the most reliable source of info these days), you would be correct. There's not a single Guardian *mod* listed in the schematic list for Cybertech.

AlixMV
01.16.2013 , 12:58 PM | #17
- Guardian (Commando/Force Wielder/Patron) Armoring: Yeah, none of these are craftable until Level 33. However, I've started noticing (as I've been leveling new characters again after getting a first round of 8 to or close to 50) that the armoring/mods/hilts/barrels you buy from Commendation Vendors are almost exclusively for tanks. Which means if you're a DPS or Healer trying to depend on commendations to keep your gear up to date, you're equally SOL.

So, yeah, you can't craft them, but you should be getting them as options during quest reward drops and can buy them with planet comms.

(Personally, having realized the lack, I've been taking pity on the tank classes, of which I have three myself, and using the comms gathered as my lowbie DPS and Healer characters to buy up the tank Armoring and put them up on the GTN for cheap. They sell like crazy, too.)

- Mods: I havent tested this one out as thoroughly, but a friend of mine has observed the 'tank' mods are the ##B mods rather than the A's Cybertechers can craft. Again, only available from quest rewards and commendations.

Yes. It sucks. :P
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Brixyl / Serateh ~ Ydris

toyfanatic
01.16.2013 , 02:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by FAAmecanic View Post
Why can I not craft Guardian Armor with my Cybertech until LVL 33?? And I cannot craft ANY Guardian MODS at all.

Im a tank and am leveling up two other tanks right now and this is very very annoying! Was this an oversight by the devs? You can craft any other talent's armor and mods...just not ST/End needed by that type of tank.
Now while I see your logic, you want to level as a tank bu their is no lvl tank gear. My first lvl 50 was a shadow and i lvl'd asa tank. Shadow tanking is pointless till lvl32, by that point you have tools to tank with. Did you also look at the difference between purple lvl 49 gear and tionese? Outside of the obvious jump in HP you also get a ton of defense stats.... for the first the first you will have tanking stats that are above base. With how the content is set up , mainly the endgame content requires tanking stats. Up to level 50 you can mock tank by just being in tank stance with a sheild generator.

DarthBama
01.16.2013 , 03:00 PM | #19
Synthweaving and Armormech are the only good ways of getting solid tanking gear while leveling.