Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Luke's using a cyan saber, obi-wan a cyan-blue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Luke's using a cyan saber, obi-wan a cyan-blue

Macetheace
01.07.2013 , 06:32 AM | #1
so i was looking at Episode IV and V, and noticed that the lighstaber Luke use is actually a Cyan one, while Obi-wan is defintiely using a cyan-blue crystal in his. in episode 3, Anakin and Obi-wan both use blue lightsabers

BlznSmri
01.07.2013 , 06:58 AM | #2
Ummmm cool story?

What was the point of this outside of stating an observation?
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

Macetheace
01.07.2013 , 07:27 AM | #3
sharing my delight at this observation, previously i had just assumed they were simply all blue.. didn't care to appreciat e adifference

Trollokdamus
01.07.2013 , 08:42 AM | #4
All of them are intended to be blue. What we see in the old movies is nothing more but technical limitations of that time.

Wolfninjajedi
01.07.2013 , 09:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
All of them are intended to be blue. What we see in the old movies is nothing more but technical limitations of that time.
^ This.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

mhsiao
01.07.2013 , 09:14 AM | #6
Original movie? or digital re-master?

Like Trollokdamus has said they are intend to be blue. I remember George Lucas said it was painful to create light saber when they first shot the movie. Unlike now that light saber is done with CG, They had to project light on the physical blade to create the effect and it doesn't always work out well.

Zeratho
01.07.2013 , 09:59 AM | #7
In my opinion they are all just blue, if they look different in some scenes that's the fault of editors or whoever made those lightsabers.

In Empire Strikes Back during Luke vs. Vader-duel, at the beginning Vader's lightsaber looks like pink coloured but at the end of the duel, it's normal red again.

JWinkler
01.07.2013 , 10:20 AM | #8
Lucas had originally wanted to put in one of the Rhakghould Event Green/Black crystals, but the technology in 1977 wouldn't let him do it. Thankfully he seems to have forgotten in his various "revisions," and with any luck the wise folks at Disney will keep it out of his hands from now on...