Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP [Rep] is Dead

RGMetal
01.07.2013 , 03:21 AM | #21
When you see something you think is "hacking", ask yourself these things:

1. Did I lag? Did they lag? Did the game glitch?

These things happen all the time.

2. Does that class have a talent that does that?

Stop trying to report people for guardian leap and resilience. LOL

3. Am I just mad, and blaming hacks instead of the fact that I lost?

Entirely possible. Had a Mara complain in a lowbie that we were hacking because he was supposedly whitebar resolve from my knockback. I was playing a Vanguard.
<The Core>
Toshirou / Ichíro / Keiichi / Kusanagí / Verdandí / Musashí

Referal Link.

Neisha
01.07.2013 , 03:58 AM | #22
Heyo,

I don't know... Speaking as someone who has played on this server at launch, PvP is better now then it ever was. I took a... year long break, just getting back now, and over the last 2 weeks I'v had more fun just solo queuing and playing with some old friends, and trying to make some new ones then I ever did in my old guild.

I'm terrible, I accept this, I move on and get better. Nerd rage at losses (which seems to be what I'm best at, losing) does not fit into my philosophy.

I really don't get all the hype surrounding pre-mades and "xxx guild is to good so since they are queuing I'm not."

It seems the Win/Lose commendations divide is smaller now then before. It is also quite easy to gear up. *cough* BM Bags *cough*. So gear becomes less and less of an excuse as far as I can see. But I digress.

Seems most of the people that complain about this whole mess mind you, tend to be keyboard turning, and/or have a very rudimentary understanding of how to play each war zone.

I personally see, the Empire at any rate, has lots of good PvPers that are really almost stars but for one reason or another not quite there in terms of the cohesion needed to be truly successful in objective based PvP.

I guess maybe some basic advice to anyone who would listen... start small. Learn some key binds and talk to one of the plethora of War Zone Vets you see around the PvP terminal about the current meta game. Trust me, they would sooner answer a few questions then lose the next 6 games to basic errors.

*Spoiler Alert* There is more to winning Huttball then "pass the ball". Ask a Vet, they will tell you... or at the least rant about it.

Do you as a Jugg see that lonely Sorc healer, all alone trying to heal everyone and getting their face kicked in? Send them a whisper, group up, work together. Protect the Sorc and they will heal you, and everything is better with friends.

Might you be a Lonely Sniper? Whisper that Marauder and form a 2 man hit squad and go in on the opponents healers. You will be surprised to see how fast they go down once two of you coordinate CC and Interrupts. With no healers, the rest of their team will fall.

You won't need a 4 man group of Warlords to win. Two people working together like that, can be enough to win a game against an "OMG PREMADE" Or so... has been my experience.

Sorry this was so long...

In any regards, feel free to hit me up if you see me around, to group up, some help with key binds or just yell "Hey Neisha, you suck!!!" ..because I do. ; ;

I'm always down to PvP and always looking to learn more!

Later days,

Neisha

TLDR - Up your game.

alexsamma
01.07.2013 , 08:17 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Neisha View Post
Heyo,

I don't know... Speaking as someone who has played on this server at launch, PvP is better now then it ever was. I took a... year long break, just getting back now, and over the last 2 weeks I'v had more fun just solo queuing and playing with some old friends, and trying to make some new ones then I ever did in my old guild.

Neisha

TLDR - Up your game.
Holy crap, this guy, nominated for server MVP now!

InUnityWeFall
01.07.2013 , 09:28 AM | #24
First: Most of the guys who people think of as being too-good-to-be-legal in GG have never been banned. Those rumors get started whenever one of them takes a week-or-so long break, and always becomes a target of immediate amusement in our chat channel.

I currently hold the GG record for most-banned member, and every one of my bans has been for saying naughty things to other players. (Every disciplinary measure was well-deserved, I'll note, and I have thoroughly learned my lesson. Scout's honor.)

- Lakshan

Quote: Originally Posted by Satedbuffalo View Post
I believe that's mostly true, but a handful of their members have been suspended or temporarily banned. I think most of the very active/strong guilds attract that personality, though. They're beatable, and when things start going wrong for them, weird things happen.

That said, I don't think they really have any impact on the vibrancy of PvP on the server. Most of the problems are due to low number of queuing players, underdeveloped matchmaking, and lack of cross-server queues. Those aren't problems that can be fixed by talking about Empire and Game Genie.

VtTethias
01.07.2013 , 04:08 PM | #25
Transcendence/Predation = speed hack
Guardian Leap to stealthed team mate = hack

There are legitimate bugs that I've seen where people warp through the ground or just straight disappear then reappear moments later. This happens to everyone. It's a game bug/server lag/client lag, not a hack. Huttball is notorious for weird glitches. I've seen people score when they haven't even crossed the finish line on my screen. Ever see the bug where people moonwalk backwards to their starting position from the center? Or the favorite run in place for 5 seconds and then warp 30 yards away bug?
~Merope / Manlio / Poppea / Asterope / Tethias - Game Genie
~Manlio / Giambattista / Tarquinio / Semiramide - Squad Six

NadirPalo
01.07.2013 , 05:36 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Karthus View Post
I would drop a name but apparently the last person who did got banned from the forums.
I'm not trying to instigate anything or revive that thread, I'm just saying don't assume everyone who claims hacks is a dumb***. The OP of that thread came back to defend himself and described what he saw in more detail, which in fact were not cases of predation or guardian leap to stealth. He said the player he saw jump to empty space with no one around was a sentinel, and the "speed hack" he saw was someone pretty much teleport from mid to grass in a civil war (cough, not a huttball) and cap the node in under two seconds. I was suprised, because civil war has always seemed stable for me and I've never seen anything like this. Sadly, this post was only up for maybe 10 minutes before the entire thread got deleted.

Should he have described these situations in his OP? Yes, because those are genuine weird occurances that deserve consideration. But, should he have pointed the finger at entire guilds? Of course not. Is it probably all lag anyway? Meh... regardless, exploiters and hackers get 0 respect and I still have tons of fun in PVP. I'm ok with this
Pot5 -- Naismiya assassin -- Nadír marauder -- Jénny operative -- Băd mercenary
TEH -- Ruyah shadow -- Nadir vanguard -- Nadiri scoundrel -- Zaahira sentinel -- Na'dir guardian

NadirPalo
01.07.2013 , 06:00 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Neisha View Post
TLDR - Up your game.
Your post should be required reading for all PVP'ers on this server. Thank you.
Pot5 -- Naismiya assassin -- Nadír marauder -- Jénny operative -- Băd mercenary
TEH -- Ruyah shadow -- Nadir vanguard -- Nadiri scoundrel -- Zaahira sentinel -- Na'dir guardian

hammancheez
01.08.2013 , 12:23 PM | #28
I have been playing sub-50 PVP pretty much since joining the game on both sides and I will add to my voice that the general torrent of lack of communication, poor strategy, questionable dress sense, unfortunate personal hygiene, controversial lifestyle choices and general lack of healthy eating habits is pretty much the same on both sides.

I will take this moment to assure the community that in the spirit of balance and fairness to both sides I will make every effort to continue to suck equally on both Empire and Republic, in order to avoid making this situation worse for anyone.
Emas - Mercenary Emaze - Juggernaut Emize - Scoundrel Emoz - Assassin Emass - Operative
Silent Council

ML_DoubleTap
01.08.2013 , 11:49 PM | #29
Quote:

There are legitimate bugs that I've seen where people warp through the ground or just straight disappear then reappear moments later.
Saw this for the first time tonight. Swinging away at Dashto on my sentinel, Siir, he lowered right into the ground on Novare only to appear about 4 seconds later at full health cuz we couldn't hit him anymore
Bonkurz

Jenzali
01.09.2013 , 12:34 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
Saw this for the first time tonight. Swinging away at Dashto on my sentinel, Siir, he lowered right into the ground on Novare only to appear about 4 seconds later at full health cuz we couldn't hit him anymore
Yep, I've seen strange things like that happen many times on the west and east platforms of Civil War. People just seem to fall through the earth and you can no longer target them. The game is full of bugs and I'm hesistant to call any of them hacks.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.