Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP [Rep] is Dead

Darka
01.02.2013 , 06:47 PM | #11
Had some guy complaining of his lack of pants all warzone while running around doing nothing for the team.
Most pvp like its death match first and foremost

WeadonismyMaster
01.04.2013 , 02:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
Had some guy complaining of his lack of pants all warzone while running around doing nothing for the team.
Most pvp like its death match first and foremost
Nice - we should all organize 'naked noobs' - where everyone fights barehanded and naked with level 11 toons.

Ulliam
01.04.2013 , 02:47 PM | #13
I remember many many years ago when DAOC (Dark Age of Camelot) was still alive and thriving there was a massive lurikeen march out in the frontiers (open world Realm-vs-Realm area).. it was like a 100 lowbie crappy geared lurikeens all flooding around.. I was one of them (though I was always a Midgard person joined in for the fun) and we came across some folks from the enemy realms.. they began to dispatch us in droves but none the less it was fun and pretty hilarious spectacle to watch.

Ulliam - Juggernaut | Ferratus - Guardian
-= Stormforged Legacy of The Ebon Hawk =-
Warzone Videos: Staying Alive - Doomsday

silvershadows
01.04.2013 , 02:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulliam View Post
I remember many many years ago when DAOC (Dark Age of Camelot) was still alive and thriving there was a massive lurikeen march out in the frontiers (open world Realm-vs-Realm area).. it was like a 100 lowbie crappy geared lurikeens all flooding around.. I was one of them (though I was always a Midgard person joined in for the fun) and we came across some folks from the enemy realms.. they began to dispatch us in droves but none the less it was fun and pretty hilarious spectacle to watch.
I always preferred the /level 20 thanes that all rolled up together, there was about 150 of them crashing the server with lag hammers of doom.
IllusiaApocalypsaAvatia
The Cadera Legacy
Project Mayhem

Ulliam
01.04.2013 , 04:04 PM | #15
My main was a Thane on Guinevere.. Lag hammers FTW! Great mez breakers!

Ulliam - Juggernaut | Ferratus - Guardian
-= Stormforged Legacy of The Ebon Hawk =-
Warzone Videos: Staying Alive - Doomsday

silvershadows
01.04.2013 , 04:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulliam View Post
My main was a Thane on Guinevere.. Lag hammers FTW! Great mez breakers!
Ha, mine was a realm rank 11 nature druid on Percival, then a realm rank 10 shaman on the classic servers. Also played a hero, blademaster, nightshade, valewalker, bard, cleric, reaver, sorcerer, theurgist, aug healer, pac healer, and skald of varying ranks between 6 and 10, lol. I miss that game, a lot!
IllusiaApocalypsaAvatia
The Cadera Legacy
Project Mayhem

Karthus
01.06.2013 , 10:20 PM | #17
Speaking of PvP being dead, should we mention the Rep guild that seems to be comprised entirely of hackers? I literally stop playing when they start doing 50 WZ's (e.g. right now) because every time you think you've got one they clip or speed hack and get away. It's freaking ridiculous. I've reported them twice, I know other people who have reported them several times more than that. Still see them in WZ's every night. ***? I would drop a name but apparently the last person who did got banned from the forums.
Gutek Legacy - Ebon Hawk

AsiriusNazriel
01.06.2013 , 11:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Karthus View Post
Speaking of PvP being dead, should we mention the Rep guild that seems to be comprised entirely of hackers? I literally stop playing when they start doing 50 WZ's (e.g. right now) because every time you think you've got one they clip or speed hack and get away. It's freaking ridiculous. I've reported them twice, I know other people who have reported them several times more than that. Still see them in WZ's every night. ***? I would drop a name but apparently the last person who did got banned from the forums.
They don't hack. You should go watch a stream.

Some of the really really good players are clickers... as in, they mouse click > you to death.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

Satedbuffalo
01.06.2013 , 11:28 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AsiriusNazriel View Post
They don't hack. You should go watch a stream.

Some of the really really good players are clickers... as in, they mouse click > you to death.
I believe that's mostly true, but a handful of their members have been suspended or temporarily banned. I think most of the very active/strong guilds attract that personality, though. They're beatable, and when things start going wrong for them, weird things happen.

That said, I don't think they really have any impact on the vibrancy of PvP on the server. Most of the problems are due to low number of queuing players, underdeveloped matchmaking, and lack of cross-server queues. Those aren't problems that can be fixed by talking about Empire and Game Genie.
One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

AsiriusNazriel
01.06.2013 , 11:32 PM | #20
Most people won't take responsability for their own suck, it's plain and simple.
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"