Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disney owns Marvel comic and Now LucasFilms!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Disney owns Marvel comic and Now LucasFilms!

mefit
11.01.2012 , 09:38 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It's not going to happen instantly. This new movie is going to set the tone of the EU. Since Episode 7 is a completely original story we are assured that the established EU is being scrapped for the Disney movies. Which means that Post-ROTJ EU is starting from scratch. I'm betting that they will hit pre-PT EU as well.
Its also very possible that if they do end current EU , those characters and ideals will be reused .
Not to mention this MMO will be still going so I am not so sure that Pre PT movie Lore and stories will be ended or stored away . Its very possibe because of this game that the Old Republic before the Movies will still be Canon/Lore and stay with Currently the New Movies being released and stories .
Disney will not throw away such a chance to Market ideas like this game which is a living and breathing item in their new division EA/Bioware of not . TOR is still apart of LucasArts !
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

mefit
11.01.2012 , 09:43 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by x_sage_x View Post
George Lucas was true to the canon. He did not make any more or any less as far as the core idea. Thats what I mean by milking it. Sure theirs a tv show and games and books, but he has left the movies intact.
As Jarjarloves has pointed out George Lucas has stepped on his own canon more than once and even changed parts in the movies to fix issues in PT .
G-Canon was a large Joke and ultimate way to show George hated those who made him money...............hated might be too strong.............lets say disliked .
Its kinda like you asking a father for his daughters hand in marriage and then after the wedding he goes out telling the men in a local bar that his daughter ("YOUR WIFE") is really on the market and the marriage is a fake............

^ You might like that type of action but I feel it was totally disrespectful to those who helped keep the imaginations of the fans going with rich lore and decent to great stories .
It was a selfish action by a man who agreed for the money ("which hes entitled too") but forgot about the fans .
Not all StarWars fans are crazy nutjobs that write authors and directors with death threats ("Because so and so killed OMG MY FAVORITE CHARACTER ") and he put us all in that room and that was unfair !

Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

PDAChevyChase
01.06.2013 , 07:02 PM | #43
im more worried about what disneys going to do with this game

sstanks
01.06.2013 , 07:15 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by PDAChevyChase View Post
im more worried about what disneys going to do with this game
nothing. Odds are EA has at least a 5 year contract if not longer. Disney gets its money no matter if this game does good or bad. So it wouldn't benefit them in anyway to buy out the contract.