Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How long does it take to download SWTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How long does it take to download SWTOR?

daisshar
12.29.2012 , 03:40 PM | #11
maybe it sounds stupid but hitting the pause button once in a while(in the launcher next to the progress bar) seems to reset something and the dowload speed peaks again at max say around 3,5 - 4,5 Mb/s. but its defenetly the swtor server that narrows everything down.
its not how it is supposed to be but it helped a bit.
It's great to be alone, i win every argument.

Loryk
12.29.2012 , 10:40 PM | #12
It doesn't depend on your computer. If you're not a subscriber do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeFf_ebudZw

SW:TOR On Mac OS X 
Bootcamp Tutorial/thread!

joeyrox
12.30.2012 , 01:04 PM | #13
I tried the pausing thing and it does work but I'm still on the main assets of the installation :/

Genuine
12.30.2012 , 01:14 PM | #14
downloaded my swtor at about 2mb/sec whats not bad for an mmo just out of interest what country are you all from England here
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

joeyrox
12.30.2012 , 02:50 PM | #15
United States and yeah mine took me over 2 hrs and its not even half way there yet

rakaat
12.31.2012 , 03:08 AM | #16
It took about 14 hours to download the game. My connection speed is 3mb.

darksidemjwadham
01.05.2013 , 05:06 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Yaesive View Post
If it is possible do you own the disks? That would help greatly otherwise depending on your ISP and a few other items it could be a long time or a short time. I know on one of my computers it took 4 hours at home. On another it took 12 so it all depends.
hi my name is mike i av the rite disks n it is takin 4ever when its on 92% installin . how long shud it take

DemonicPenguin
01.06.2013 , 10:23 AM | #18
When I hear people say it took them 3 or 4 hours to download I wonder how many months ago it was that they downloaded it. Since the initial game was released there have been several large updates and many other patches. You have to download that all at once, while others have been able to get small bits here and there. I installed about 3 months ago and it took in excess of 12 hours.

As with all other large downloads you have to take into account what time of day/what day you're downloading on due to other high traffic potentially downloading at the same time. If you download on a Wednesday at 2 a.m. I would assume it would be much faster than Saturday at 5 p.m.

No need for your mom to be concerned, tell her to take a valium and go back to her 50 Shades of Grey.

Dhamploc
01.06.2013 , 10:30 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DemonicPenguin View Post
When I hear people say it took them 3 or 4 hours to download I wonder how many months ago it was that they downloaded it.
Twice in the last 3 weeks. Both were done in under 2 hours.

I'm in the UK, and the downloads were done in peak times (around 5pm after work).

If you are experiencing slow speeds, its not necessarily you or the server - if there is some network shaping going on between you and it, that will affect it - I don't know enough about the US's internet backbone to comment definitively, but I expect a full network trace will show some bottleneck somewhere that is neither you or Bioware.

JudgaSma
09.26.2013 , 07:48 AM | #20
Im on a relatively old dell inspiron. Took me about 5-6 hours and i dont have great wifi but it not bad either.