Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 new class idea

Sentinel-Jordal
01.05.2013 , 05:16 PM | #11
I think these are interesting ideas for new classes.
The gladiator class is the most interesting in my opinion. I like the idea of tournments
So keep thinking about and devolping your new classes idea OP.
I doubt we will see new classes soon but these threads or at least interesting to read
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 60
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

Xkeyon
01.05.2013 , 08:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by fluttersniper View Post
They wouldn't have to create story content from 1-50. Let's say for the sake of arguement, they do create a new class, and it's part of a larger expansion pack. They could just start the class at level 40 or so and start the story there. Same thing world of warcraft did for the Death Knight, not a difficult concept at all.

That being said, your class ideas are neat, but don't bring enough new to the table, for a new class to be introduced, it would have to bring something very different to the table. A gun/melee hybrid like you gave an example of could be an idea for a starting point, but the end result is still you choosing either a melee character or a ranged character.
Well if you are saying that it would be better if it was always a range/melee that was my first idea when coming up with it but of course can't make it to op cause for range users it is about staying at distance while melee it is about getting in close, and if your character is a master at both it is the DK thing again where it is to op, lots of complaints and a hell lot of nerfs where no one wins. i was just thinking a mix would be good that both sides will have a fair amount of melee and range. The trick is to make it unique enough that it isn't the exact same thing as other classes, but still give its more down to earth limitations.

TalonVII
01.05.2013 , 09:24 PM | #13
Like the idea of new classes, but instead of these two, i'd like to see two new classes, but SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

I'd like to see as independents and how it would be done is iffy and i'd have to think about it, but Zeison Sha, and Makutai adepts.

Zeison sha brings something new because they rely on telekinesis and their disk-blade. something different.

Matukai adept, their usage of the force is what sets them apart. And they can fight unarmed as much as they do with their pike blade.

Something like THAT is what should be different.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

Xkeyon
01.06.2013 , 11:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Like the idea of new classes, but instead of these two, i'd like to see two new classes, but SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

I'd like to see as independents and how it would be done is iffy and i'd have to think about it, but Zeison Sha, and Makutai adepts.

Zeison sha brings something new because they rely on telekinesis and their disk-blade. something different.

Matukai adept, their usage of the force is what sets them apart. And they can fight unarmed as much as they do with their pike blade.

Something like THAT is what should be different.
Ok looked at them on wookiepedia and from what i see of what you are asking is for 2 new classes that aren't the same they don't rely I same atributes now i could be wrong if i am sorry please explain because it does sound cool these ones, but if it is what you are saying no they won't do that because of balance the trick is ok make them close enough where someone can't complain that they favour one side over the other, but you have to also make them unique that they aren't viewed as the exact same but a way as a counter to the enemy faction

Nythain
01.07.2013 , 12:03 AM | #15
In all reality, new classes don't have to bring a damn thing to the table. They don't have to be innovative or crazy new as far as gameplay goes. If that was the case, all the game would need is Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular... because those 2(4) classes already offer melee, range, dps, tank, and heal.

What a new class does need to bring to the table, is a way to achieve their role through story and gameplay without feeling rushed, ill thought out, forced, incorrect, or just lame. Another class with a blaster is still a good class if it offers unique attacks and animations, a creative story that keeps the player engaged, and well designed roles/ability trees.

That being said, new classes will never happen so I don't know why people keep bringing them up. The game is barely staying afloat as is, the funding it would take to bring [back] in two voice actors, contract [new] writers, increase development programming and quality assurance staff to a capable point of seeing the classes through from design to launch, and much much more, is just too much.

At least with new races all they have to do is create some textures and call it a day, and we still haven't seen any of those yet.

BrianDavion
01.07.2013 , 12:06 AM | #16
I'd like to see a class that works a bit like LOTRO's captain. an off healer buffer/ debuffer

Nythain
01.07.2013 , 12:30 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
I'd like to see a class that works a bit like LOTRO's captain. an off healer buffer/ debuffer
As interesting as a heavy buff/debuff class would be, I doubt it's something they'd consider even if they caved and created a new class.
The development team has gone to pretty good lengths to avoid that type of character. From giving each class a unique class buff (avoiding the concept in an attempt to created a higher demand for grouping), to limiting the amounts and types of buff/debuff each class can do through skills/abilities.

I'm pretty sure, in their mind having a class that could off heal, buff, and debuff would severely dampen the need to group for these benefits. Granted, any of this would only logically apply to leveling content, since even with potent buffs, debuffs, and mild off heals it would be nigh impossible to solo end game content with just a tank/dps companion.

The other problem a class like this would introduce is balancing. Everything from frequency of each class being played (why role anything else?), to pvp balance, all the pve balance, and the end game operations balance. The whole game would need a severe rebalance to compensate for an abundance of potent buff/debuff ability (mostly because of my previous point, the game wasn't originally designed for such ability). And if there's one thing we've learned, it's that EAware fails at balance as is.

Asavar
01.07.2013 , 01:04 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by fluttersniper View Post
They wouldn't have to create story content from 1-50. Let's say for the sake of arguement, they do create a new class, and it's part of a larger expansion pack. They could just start the class at level 40 or so and start the story there. Same thing world of warcraft did for the Death Knight, not a difficult concept at all.

That being said, your class ideas are neat, but don't bring enough new to the table, for a new class to be introduced, it would have to bring something very different to the table. A gun/melee hybrid like you gave an example of could be an idea for a starting point, but the end result is still you choosing either a melee character or a ranged character.
Yeah, hell no.

Sorry. Not any of that DK crap.

Wraithe_Oza
01.07.2013 , 01:40 AM | #19
I just want to play a Teras Kasi Warrior. I miss my old one. For those who don't know what that is, move along.

Kobes
01.07.2013 , 02:55 AM | #20
To the OP, the Glad story sounds way too much like the bounty hunter.

IMO 2 new classes should be Tera Kasi Master( Empire) & Echani Duelist ( Republic). Easy mirror since they are both essentially unarmed classes. Plus it's something else that this game can just copy off of WoW thanks to the Monk class in Kung foo Panda expansion.