Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are we seriously supposed to preorder with this little info?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Are we seriously supposed to preorder with this little info?

GrimInc
01.05.2013 , 08:23 PM | #141
This gets me laughing.
The old They cant tell you for this reason or that lol
Have they done anything revolutionary yet that deserved being secretive?
Oh no Blizzard or some other company might find out... LOL
Serious if anything they should use this game as a tutorial on what not to do.

So theres no reason for them to hold on to any info apart from continually Scr3win you guys over.
Rule of Two
One to embody the power, the other to crave it

AshenK
01.05.2013 , 08:26 PM | #142
Anyone who preorders anything is a sucker now. I learned last year after Mass Effect 3 never to preorder anything ever again. And I'm glad I did that as so far it's saved me a ton of money.

Durasturan
01.05.2013 , 08:59 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by KCMChief View Post
Precisely. I see people complainging "Oh you only get 5 days of early access" but if you pre order you get it for $10 bucks. Not worth complaining about. Half price is half price since I know I am going to want it anyway. I ordered the day they put it up for sale.
I honestly don't know how people still believe this. It's made really explicit in the store when you try and preorder, it's been on the front page, it's been in all their adds, it's been clarified here on the forums like a thousand times, even in this thread as well.

Whether you buy it now or after January 7th the price will be exactly the same, $10 FOR SUBSCRIBERS and $20 if you're F2P. The ONLY thing you get for preordering is five days of early access to the content. That is it. There is NO price reduction for ordering it early, you will pay the exact same amount of money.

Icebergy
01.07.2013 , 09:50 AM | #144
So its the day of...And still silence...
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Blackardin
01.07.2013 , 10:06 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
So its the day of...And still silence...
and there will continue to be silence. People need to understand that this game is no longer being developed, but marketed for as much profit as is possible. This entire "pre-order" was a flimflam. They changed the name from "content update" to "expansion" while changing nothing, saying nothing, doing nothing beyond a marketing ploy to gain quick and easy revenue. The plan worked, communication (that was centered only around pre-pay marketing and nothing about developement) will now cease in its entirety leaving payers with their jaws hanging open.....as is often the case after being swindled. LOL
May the Schwartz be with you....

Blackardin
01.07.2013 , 10:08 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
Anyone who preorders anything is a sucker now. I learned last year after Mass Effect 3 never to preorder anything ever again. And I'm glad I did that as so far it's saved me a ton of money.
It is not out of the realm of possibility that this "expansion" will never make it live, or this quick "cash grab" will come to its conclusion and the game will simply end one day. They've played their customers like a finely tuned piano. ;p
May the Schwartz be with you....

MariaD
01.07.2013 , 10:10 AM | #147
I have been satisfied with the game for a year. Nothing in the description of the expansion makes me think my satisfaction will get any lower in the expansion. So, I pre-ordered. If I like a book in a series, I am likely to get more books from the series. Same thing here.

People who are unhappy with the game in its current state probably should not buy more of the same, eh?
Quicker
Easier
More seductive

Jeweledleah
01.07.2013 , 10:24 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
ah yes. :P I definitely learned to be very VERY careful when I preorder and most importantly, to lower my expectations a great deal. in case of Makeb, it IS possible that they can screw it up to the point of me having similar reaction to the one I had after playing ME3, but its a very VERY small chance - lowered expectations and all. at $10, I look at it the same way as I do when buying a steam game on sale. there's always a chance I won't like it. but I want to try it and the price doesn't feel as bad as $60-80 you pay for new releases nowadays. and if I don't like it, I just won't keep playing it, kinda like I did with section x.. which I haven't been back to since finishing up my HK quest.

Icebergy
01.07.2013 , 01:44 PM | #149
Bump...Dev tracker has zero posts so far today.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Katsuragisama
01.07.2013 , 02:19 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Bump...Dev tracker has zero posts so far today.
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We have lots of information about Rise of the Hutt Cartel on the way as we approach its launch, so make sure to keep your eye on the website and community blog!
They have already answered. Yes, you're supposed to pre-order with this little amount of info. Why? No one really understands this business practice. I'd speculate they're being secretive because they really dont have anything new or worth talking about beyond the bulletins they have on the buy page.

Beyond that, they're trying to give the RotHC a sense of mystery, in hopes that people will buy it before they realize how little they will be getting. This strategy also works with Cartel Packs. You dont know what you will get, but you have hopes for what you will get. This same mentality/strategy is working to get some people to buy this "expansion" as well. And some of you actually are gullible enough to fall for it.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.