Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Run on 2 Monitors

bahdasz
01.05.2013 , 06:57 PM | #11
I don't see how this would be something you'd want anyway. As stated above, best case scenario is going to split the screen on your character and make it at best mildly annoying to look at.

The bigger problem is going to be screen resolution. I mean, it's not going to run in a viewable state on a resolution higher than the game is set up for. So if you're using a 1920 x 1080 monitor you're pretty much stretching the max out of the game resolution anyway. Set up two of them beside each other and try to stretch the game across both and you're going to have a bunch of really fat short people running around.... at best.

As far as I know you can't set the game up to run at 3840 x 1080.

killkrazie
01.05.2013 , 07:59 PM | #12
i have used two monitors since i started playing, yes it is possible.
use windowed mode, stretch it till you're happy.
i stretch mine just passed 3/4 of the second monitor so my toon isn't split in half...because of this i kinda wish i could off set the camera so i could stretch it completely across both without cutting toon in half but this way works for me

oh and what above poster said about short fat people, the game 'fixes' itself. toon is relatively same size as 'fullscreen' but you get more peripheral vision.

Sanctioned
01.05.2013 , 08:03 PM | #13
Slightly off-topic but can you put the overlay map on secondary monitor and play normally on the primary?
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

killkrazie
01.05.2013 , 08:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
Slightly off-topic but can you put the overlay map on secondary monitor and play normally on the primary?
not that i've found, would be cool though

slaytokveranes
01.06.2013 , 08:30 PM | #15
The windowed mode and stretching across both screens worked with no warped image! However, I do have a third monitor ready to be added, but it looks like my graphics card only supports 2. who sells the best card that supports 3 monitors?
The Veranes Legacy (POT5)
(Rep)Slay-tok, Slay-toc, Slay-toa, Slay-ton, Slay-tos
(Imp)Jolcun, Cytorv, Slay-tis, Slay-tor, Slay-tron, Slay-tek

Marmerus
01.07.2013 , 02:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
So if you're using a 1920 x 1080 monitor you're pretty much stretching the max out of the game resolution anyway. Set up two of them beside each other and try to stretch the game across both and you're going to have a bunch of really fat short people running around.... at best.

As far as I know you can't set the game up to run at 3840 x 1080.
No because the graphics in the game is 3D and not 2D sprites.

The sides gets stretched out because of the viewing angle versus flat screen.
Playing games with 3 screens gives you a really good immersion with the game. Its a step closer to wearing virtual reality glasses as you can see with your peripheral vision enemies and such coming at you.
Not only does it give you great advantage in warzones by giving you full vision infront of you. It also makes it MUCH more immersive seeing fights all around you.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7114232/SWT..._43_549597.jpg
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.

LuckyPSD
01.08.2013 , 12:23 PM | #17
It is actually fairly easy to run on two monitors without splitting your char down the middle or running in windowed mode stretched out.

Piece of software called SoftTH does exactly that. So you could have your char appearing on one monitor and chat, inventory and even map open on the other monitor. You can even use different res monitors this way too. I use it in other games but haven't set it up for this one as of yet.

LadyVix
01.08.2013 , 12:29 PM | #18
Never tried playing with 2 monitors, but the game (generally) runs fine with 3 monitors at 5760x1080 with two old ATI HD5870's in crossfire. A single old HD5858 will run at 5760x1080, but in places like fleet my frame rates sometimes drop into the 40's.