Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar: Rise of the Hutt Cartel? Fact or Myth?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cathar: Rise of the Hutt Cartel? Fact or Myth?

Semjax
01.03.2013 , 05:04 PM | #1
So back in 2012's E3, Bioware announced that Cathar were going to be playable by years end. Well apparently, its past years end and it hasn't even surfaced, nor has new information risen on the new Species to be introduced to the game. So that leads to the question on if the Cathar are going to be introduced with the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion pack. It would make better sense for it to be, because that means they can make money off of the wonderful species and possibly add in more species with the expansion- Of course thats not exactly what they said, they promised that it would be released in patch updates, not an expansion. However, I already pre-ordered my Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion pack so whether its in there or not I'll be getting the Expansion. But what does this mean for the players who are not getting the pack? Hell, is Cathar ever going to be a playable race, or was it just a dropped ball? Has Bioware fallen below what we once believed in? Have they become Lionhead Studios?! I for one am highly looking forward to Cathar, and I hope to god that they don't just scrap the idea.

What are your guys opinions?

WhillB
01.03.2013 , 05:12 PM | #2
I don't really care anymore. At this point I'm not really interested in leveling another toon.

Darth_Precursor
01.03.2013 , 05:14 PM | #3
There was a big shake-up in Bioware last year that have delayed ALOT of things. These include:

World PvP
Cathars
Guild Capital Ships
Pazaak/mini-games
Makeb
Ranked Warzones (Season 1)

The list goes on. Imo, if they haven't explicitly said Cathars WILL be included, they won't be.
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

chuixupu
01.03.2013 , 05:14 PM | #4
The last thing that was said about Cathar was in the last Q&A livestream.

16. When is Cathar coming out? Are we planning on any races beyond that.

Damion: Cathar race is coming in the months timeframe not the years timeframe.
Jeff: Probably, yes.

Damion: I want it out as soon as it is feasible because we want to see how everything does on the market. The answer to the second question is how well is the Cathar doing on the marketplace. Doing a race and all the customization options is very very expensive but if it is something popular, that is something we will do more.

So that's all there is. It has never been stated that they will come with Makeb.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Altyrell
01.03.2013 , 05:15 PM | #5
At the moment, Myth. However, that doesn't mean that they won't be added in seeing as we don't know what all will be included in the Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion yet

derder
01.03.2013 , 11:33 PM | #6
I'm hoping it'll come with 1.7 i've pretty much stopped playing becuase I don't want to start a new class before they are released! Arghhh :C
CALEMVIR
| Sith Empire FTW |
RP Server - The Ebon Hawk|

Semjax
01.05.2013 , 05:44 PM | #7
Cathar are one of the races I'm looking forward to the most, I love them. They are so amazing in terms of look, I'm really hoping that they're customizable to par like the other races.

Selphares
01.05.2013 , 06:46 PM | #8
Yes I hope actually the same. I came back to Swotor since I thought that they are already out but it not seems to be the case. Now I sit on a bunch of station cash with nothing to do, since I not want to start a new class without them.

NLxAROSA
01.06.2013 , 05:07 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post

Damion: I want it out as soon as it is feasible because we want to see how everything does on the market. The answer to the second question is how well is the Cathar doing on the marketplace. Doing a race and all the customization options is very very expensive but if it is something popular, that is something we will do more.[/i]

So that's all there is. It has never been stated that they will come with Makeb.
I guess the success or failure of the RotHC expansion will decided wether there will be more expansions like it, Cathar or others...

Azurax
01.06.2013 , 06:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post

16. When is Cathar coming out? Are we planning on any races beyond that.

Damion: Cathar race is coming in the months timeframe not the years timeframe.
Jeff: Probably, yes.

Damion: I want it out as soon as it is feasible because we want to see how everything does on the market. The answer to the second question is how well is the Cathar doing on the marketplace. Doing a race and all the customization options is very very expensive but if it is something popular, that is something we will do more.

By the sounds of that it's going to be a Cartel Market item. If that's the only way to obtain the race, I will be very unhappy about that. I've put off working on a Commando for Cathar to be put in.
Jen'jidai, Jung Ma server
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
Azurax Waruza - Adept of Jen'Jidai