Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Missions becoming too easy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Class Missions becoming too easy

DarthSeraph
01.04.2013 , 05:01 AM | #11
Im sort of in the same boat with my Scoundrel. Im not that over leveled. Im questing with some friends and have just finished outpost Selara which is the second outpost you get too on the Republic side and we are level 31.

I always aim to be at least 4 levels over the planets ideal levels. So for Tatooine its usually 24-28.

All my missions are green, but I find with the XP Boost that have now been introduced my XP doesnt seem as gimped as it normally would.
Destruó | Castelló | Spaa'ra
Marauder | Sentinel | Gunslinger

funkiestj
01.04.2013 , 03:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by old_benn View Post
If you want the missions to be hard, make sure you're going to the next planet when you reach the minimum level for that planet.
alternatively, you could chose to equip crappy gear to make it more challenging, rather than the best gear you've gotten in loot. This will allow you to do all quests. E.g. you could equip yourself with gear 10 levels below your current level

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Kerensk
01.04.2013 , 04:02 PM | #13
When you finish the story line there are still some level 50 missions on planets but you'll be settling in the gear grind replaying missions and flashpoints. Skip some of the bonus missions and come back to them later for a change of scenery.

You're not getting XP anyway, it's already too easy and you're beyond the loot drop level already, just use them to fill out the stiry when you're bored of running the same daily mission for the 100th time.
Plus you can always help the noobs you come across, especially if you're on a PvP server and they're getting ganked by the enemy or if they need a high level to anchor their attack on a World Boss.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

AndasKastor
01.04.2013 , 10:59 PM | #14
On my first character we (my wife and I) did a lot of the bonus quests and were over-leveled most of the time.

Since then I have skipped the bonus ones entirely as they really are not very interesting to me. Now I only do the quests I like and I am routinely a couple of levels lower than I was before. I'll usually be 1 level below the recommended level of the planet when I start the next planet.

It makes it a bit more of a challenge and I don't have to repeat all of the quests.

DarthMat
01.05.2013 , 10:00 AM | #15
On my most recent character, I would play through the planet story quest and class quest.I would also check the gear commendation vendor to see what gear would be useful to me here and count how many comms I would need for them. Once I got the right amount of comms for everything I wanted, I would stop the single quests and focus on the story quests instead. I would also be doing the daily flashpoints and pvp matches. I would get my gear from the comms dropped from the flashpoints and from the quests on planet. I usually end up right at the end of the recommended level for the planet or 1-2 levels above what it mentions with pretty good gear.