Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

techwitch
01.04.2013 , 10:43 AM | #4971
You know, these people who sat that EA/BW should concentrate on issues before or other than SGR's are not taking into account that when EA/BW says that this is what is about to happen, that the concentration part has already happened; and, they are too late for their arguement to gain traction.
Choosing to limit one's vision is not the path to enlightenment. I prefer a world where there are limitless possibilities.

SithKoriandr
01.04.2013 , 10:45 AM | #4972
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
I recommend you reread the post given that the person in question said that he wanted them to concentrate on things that "everyone will enjoy".

Given that I do not like FP, WZ or raids, his argument falls apart at that point. You really should read the whole argument, you know.
Quote:
Nice to see Bioware spending a bunch of time for SGR instead a new flashpoint, raid or warzone.

Later you guys who wants SGR (I'm not against), will complain "there's no new content? No new flashpoint? No new raid? whadahell BW?".

I'm in favor of SGR, but 2% of the players will enjoy that.
New flashpoints 98% of the players will enjoy that, 2% just pvp.

See, it's so much time spent for something useless compared to new FP, WZ and raids.

Gays deserve your space in the game, I respect that but the community wants and needs new contents who EVERYBODY will enjoy.
New content falls in line with missions/questing. If you don't enjoy that, yeah, why are you playing the game. In fact, if you don't enjoy pvp/fp/wz/raiding...basically anything that helps you level, outside of RPing, why would you be here?

The problem with the posters line of thinking, I already mentioned in a previous post.

Lent_San
01.04.2013 , 10:47 AM | #4973
Quote: Originally Posted by techwitch View Post
You know, these people who sat that EA/BW should concentrate on issues before or other than SGR's are not taking into account that when EA/BW says that this is what is about to happen, that the concentration part has already happened; and, they are too late for their arguement to gain traction.
Plus, their way of thinking is interestingly rather selective. I don't see them arguing against "waste of time" when it comes to any other topic, or at least not those I can think of at the top of my head. SGR seems to be the topic of choice here, which is really quite fascinating, considering what small part of the game it's going to be.

SithKoriandr
01.04.2013 , 10:48 AM | #4974
Quote: Originally Posted by techwitch View Post
So since they already made the content without SGR, those who want it added in post launch in the past content, has lost traction since it's done with?

SithKoriandr
01.04.2013 , 10:50 AM | #4975
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Plus, their way of thinking is interestingly rather selective. I don't see them arguing against "waste of time" when it comes to any other topic, or at least not those I can think of at the top of my head. SGR seems to be the topic of choice here, which is really quite fascinating, considering what small part of the game it's going to be.
Well it is what the thread is about.

Make a new thread about adding more pvp, and you'll get people in the thread saying it's a waste of time to work on pvp.

There's some who say working on the cartel market is a waste of time.

Lent_San
01.04.2013 , 10:50 AM | #4976
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
Who is this 'we' kemosabi?
I've been saying the same thing a page back. It's really rather amusing.

stuffystuffs
01.04.2013 , 10:57 AM | #4977
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyDrusilla View Post
I agree, I don't want to see every companion as a potential love interest. Some should just be able to be friends/colleagues/reluctant allies.
I agree.

Though, I think every love interest should potentially be open to all PCs.
Node guarder

MozOTheUndercity
01.04.2013 , 11:05 AM | #4978
Of course an update came barely a day after I decide not to resubscribe...

I still feel kind of strung along, mind; I have to wonder how long ago they decided to delay this with companions and why they sat on that information for so long, if nothing else it would've been nice to know two characters ago.

So I probably still won't re-sub; since my ops guild fizzled out I've basically just been re-rolling for the stories, and since this kind of poops on characters I wanted to make (and have already made) I guess it's as good a time as any for a break. I'll keep following and see what happens with companions in future, or if reviews of Makeb are just that good maybe I'll try and get back into ops after it launches... Call me fickle .

Lent_San
01.04.2013 , 11:21 AM | #4979
Quote: Originally Posted by MozOTheUndercity View Post
I still feel kind of strung along, mind; I have to wonder how long ago they decided to delay this with companions and why they sat on that information for so long, if nothing else it would've been nice to know two characters ago.
I think they may have hesitated to put forward the info, unsure whether they'd implement it with Makeb or later. That's the only thing that really makes sense to me, and some incidents (like deleted tweets and such) support this notion.

Not sure why my post a page back was deleted, since it wasn't really off topic. Trying again.

Games like ME have romance options like Jack for instance, who is widely considered to be bisexual, even though I'm not sure whether she was ever available for SGR.

Would companions like Jack be in line with the SW canon, you know, androgynous folks, maybe even races/cultures that fit that description?

I'm thinking that a few characters like Jack would be good for implementing SGR for later companions in SWTOR, as OGR and SGR options.

Thoughts?

JediMB
01.04.2013 , 11:34 AM | #4980
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Ah, you said it better than I ever could. That is exactly how I feel about this whole thing as well.

I've watched your posts in dealing with some of the more touched of the trolls. You are my hero, Jedi.

/notworthy
Oh, stop!

It's nice to be noticed for something positive, though. I guess that for what I lack in productive enthusiasm, I make up with... whatever it is I'm doing.

Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
I'm in favor of SGR, but 2% of the players will enjoy that.
New flashpoints 98% of the players will enjoy that, 2% just pvp.

~snip~
Contrary to popular belief, endgame players are actually in a minority. A vocal minority, but a minority still. The biggest group of players, at least according to WoW statistics from a few years back, simply dally about in the content available during the leveling portion of the game. For SWTOR, this group has likely grown further since the game went F2P.

So going by a "majority rules the new content" principle, what we should be getting is more regular leveling content. Except that would be largely pointless, since players who still have content to get through have no use for even more of it.

The only thing that makes sense is to court the enthusiasts. The people who are dedicated and talk about the game, and who'll get you get more customers through word-of-mouth. That's why they make Flashpoints, Warzones, Operations, Space Missions, new questing areas, and... can you guess what? Yes, same-gender romance content.

Content is content, even if it isn't traditionally associated with the MMO genre. And frankly? Screw tradition.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
So since they already made the content without SGR, those who want it added in post launch in the past content, has lost traction since it's done with?
That's completely missing the point. Work hours and resources can't be "unspent" after the fact, which is why the argument that BioWare shouldn't be doing something that is already done... is moot.

You could argue against further content in the future, of course. I absolutely don't think you should, but you could.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Games like ME have romance options like Jack for instance, who is widely considered to be bisexual, even though I'm not sure whether she was ever available for SGR.
The thing about Jack in ME2 is that she uses sex as a weapon, due to how she grew up after she escaped the experiments she was put through during her childhood. She may have had sex with women in her past, willingly or coerced, but as far as actual attraction and romantic love goes she's straight.

Well, at least that's my interpretation. As disappointed as I was by the lack of any women interested in my Shepard beyond Kelly (and Liara in the DLC), it's how I see the character now.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.