Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Newyankalt's Avatar


Newyankalt
01.04.2013 , 08:24 AM | #4961
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Nice to see Bioware spending a bunch of time for SGR instead a new flashpoint, raid or warzone.

Later you guys who wants SGR (I'm not against), will complain "there's no new content? No new flashpoint? No new raid? whadahell BW?".

I'm in favor of SGR, but 2% of the players will enjoy that.
New flashpoints 98% of the players will enjoy that, 2% just pvp.

See, it's so much time spent for something useless compared to new FP, WZ and raids.

Gays deserve your space in the game, I respect that but the community wants and needs new contents who EVERYBODY will enjoy.
Well what this person says is true maybe not 2% but SGR will have very little appeal for alot of the community and the majority of players would want ops,warzones,class missions,etc before SGR. I'm not saying SGR are horrible and shouldn't be implanted in the game but it isn't very big update that we actually need right now.

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
01.04.2013 , 08:42 AM | #4962
Quote: Originally Posted by Newyankalt View Post
...but it isn't very big update that we actually need right now.
Talk about yourself, please. I am not "we". Take note. Write it down if you have to, to remember.

Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
I hate flashpoints and warzones. I haven't been on a single raid since I started playing. So, guess what, NOT EVERYONE ENJOYS those things.
Your argument is hereby invalid.
This x 1000.

I wanna add that from now on everyone who comes here trolling (which includes concern trolling) will end up on my ignore list immediately. So don't be confused if I don't reply to you. It will be because I won't see any of what you wrote.

Thanks a lot.

VelvetSanity's Avatar


VelvetSanity
01.04.2013 , 09:34 AM | #4963
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyDrusilla View Post
I agree, I don't want to see every companion as a potential love interest. Some should just be able to be friends/colleagues/reluctant allies.

Particularly some like Khem Val, I think are best left as loyal servant/friend types. Particularly Khem Val, he's like two feet taller than my SI, if things are in proportion, ow...
Who would want a romantic relationship with a being that intends to go Hannibal Lector on them? :P
Pre-CU Bria refugee
www.therepopulation.com - sandbox MMO currently in alpha
classless, levelless, 3 playable factions, it even has ENTERTAINERS!
EA/BW: Thanks for the SGR update. Please tell us if timetables change again

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
01.04.2013 , 09:41 AM | #4964
You know, Qyzen isn't the most appealing fella either.

No offense, lizard people... *cough*

If they'd modelled him after Thane Krios though.... I'd reconsider.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.04.2013 , 09:53 AM | #4965
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
I hate flashpoints and warzones. I haven't been on a single raid since I started playing. So, guess what, NOT EVERYONE ENJOYS those things.

Your argument is hereby invalid.
Read the post again.

Okay, have you read it?

The poster you quoted said 98% of the people would enjoy the stuff you said you wouldn't. Didn't say everyone. Sooo...you'd be part of the 2%

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.04.2013 , 09:55 AM | #4966
Quote: Originally Posted by Ooloi View Post
People who are against SGR *are* intolerant. Maybe not against what they may assume, but in some way, yes.

Honestly, I think every single companion should be able to be romanced, no matter whether it is malavai or khem val or scorpio or blizz. Who is Anyone else to say who I can fall in love with.

"Our love was never consomme-mated, but it was pure(ed)."
Who's to say every NPC is bi?

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.04.2013 , 09:57 AM | #4967
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyDrusilla View Post
I agree, I don't want to see every companion as a potential love interest. Some should just be able to be friends/colleagues/reluctant allies.

Particularly some like Khem Val, I think are best left as loyal servant/friend types. Particularly Khem Val, he's like two feet taller than my SI, if things are in proportion, ow...
If he's like a gorilla. Then you're safe!

Joushigun's Avatar


Joushigun
01.04.2013 , 10:17 AM | #4968
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Read the post again.

Okay, have you read it?

The poster you quoted said 98% of the people would enjoy the stuff you said you wouldn't. Didn't say everyone. Sooo...you'd be part of the 2%
I recommend you reread the post given that the person in question said that he wanted them to concentrate on things that "everyone will enjoy".

Given that I do not like FP, WZ or raids, his argument falls apart at that point. You really should read the whole argument, you know.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Joushigun's Avatar


Joushigun
01.04.2013 , 10:20 AM | #4969
Quote: Originally Posted by Newyankalt View Post
Well what this person says is true maybe not 2% but SGR will have very little appeal for alot of the community and the majority of players would want ops,warzones,class missions,etc before SGR. I'm not saying SGR are horrible and shouldn't be implanted in the game but it isn't very big update that we actually need right now.
Who is this 'we' kemosabi?
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.04.2013 , 10:38 AM | #4970
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Nice to see Bioware spending a bunch of time for SGR instead a new flashpoint, raid or warzone.

Later you guys who wants SGR (I'm not against), will complain "there's no new content? No new flashpoint? No new raid? whadahell BW?".

I'm in favor of SGR, but 2% of the players will enjoy that.
New flashpoints 98% of the players will enjoy that, 2% just pvp.

See, it's so much time spent for something useless compared to new FP, WZ and raids.

Gays deserve your space in the game, I respect that but the community wants and needs new contents who EVERYBODY will enjoy.
The SGR content is in chat options in the new content. You know, the npcs involved in the storyline. Since they're not spending time going back and altering past content, and instead, just making it an option in the new content, they're not really spending extra time on the content.

So, that's at least new missions/new heroics (okay, very likely anyways), which I'd say those who advance purely through pvp/space missions is likely very small, and they're the only ones who would not be effected by this type of new content.