Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview Episode 3 Now Live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play Preview Episode 3 Now Live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Urael
12.28.2012 , 10:11 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
I think his speech about the Life Day items being "limited time" says a lot about how they intend to sell stuff.

It's all "buy it NOW!!!! for just $18.00 per mount or lose out!".

It is so disheartening that such a cynical nickle and dime method of using the cashshop is happening, really sinking to the lowest possible common denominator of retail.

It's pretty clear they do not value their customers, they just want to sell stuff TO them.

Such an attitude simply isn't sustainable, it's the attitude you find on here today gone tomorrow market stall, it is going to drive people (including subscribers since the start like me) away from the game.
^QFT.

I also think this is apt:

Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post

LOL BS!

You are not listen[ing] to feedback on the Cartel Market...

spectreclees
12.28.2012 , 10:35 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
Dear BioWare, EA, or whomever runs this 'game' now:

I can't tell you what i really think of this new Video, because that would likely get me 'warned' or 'banned'.

But since you claim to be "listening", here is some constructive feedback from a devoted STAR WARS fan and longtime *Subscriber* of SWTOR (with no plans of un-subscribing...at least not until Star Wars 1313, Elder Scrolls Online, or SWG-2 comes out) , for whatever that is 'worth' to you at this point in your "business plan":

1) This type of Video is, at best, misleading to new players...and, at worst, insulting to the intelligence of those of 'us' who have remained subscribed since Early Access Launch over a year ago.

2) Please advise the producers of these types of Videos to stop having the 'spokesperson' talking AWAY (askew) from the camera/audience. It's awkward, weird, jarring, and in direct contradiction to the 'earnest' message you guys seem to want to send. How can 'we' take you seriously (or believe in you) if you guys won't even *look us directly in the eyes* on these Videos?

3) When C-3PO watches these types of Videos with me, he always utters the same phrase: 'Delusions of Grandeur'. - I would urge you all to look up exactly what this phrase means and do your best to avoid emulating it from now on if you hope to salvage whatever is left of BioWare's (and SWTOR's) 'reputation'.

4) Speaking for myself and others like me: These types of Videos do NOT make 'us' want to play the game nor purchase anything associated within the game's Cartel Market (only the prospect of *rare* items do that) . Instead, the Video serves as a disappointing reminder of what this game could have been (and still can be) .

5) From now on, if you really truly want to 'promote' this game with authentic enthusiasm: Start making Videos discussing/showing things from that 'WALL OF CRAZY'. You needn't worry about "making false promises" or whatever, because a) That 'perception' is already a reality at this point...and b) Desperate times call for desperate measures (as opposed to desperate-looking Promo-Videos) .

6) Ask LucasArts immediately to allow you guys to use all the 'Cartel Profits' to re-hire the people from BLUR STUDIOS to do something ANYTHING regarding the future 'direction' of this game.

Thanks, good luck, and i hope this post doesn't prevent you from considering my Guild's application on the 'Community Guild Spotlight' thread.

regards, Nee
The Messiah arrives. Listen to him.

This was a terrible short video that didn't really help promote your product well at all.

Nanglez
12.29.2012 , 01:57 AM | #63
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder
Dear BioWare, EA, or whomever runs this 'game' now:

I can't tell you what i really think of this new Video, because that would likely get me 'warned' or 'banned'.

But since you claim to be "listening", here is some constructive feedback from a devoted STAR WARS fan and longtime *Subscriber* of SWTOR (with no plans of un-subscribing...at least not until Star Wars 1313, Elder Scrolls Online, or SWG-2 comes out) , for whatever that is 'worth' to you at this point in your "business plan":

1) This type of Video is, at best, misleading to new players...and, at worst, insulting to the intelligence of those of 'us' who have remained subscribed since Early Access Launch over a year ago.

2) Please advise the producers of these types of Videos to stop having the 'spokesperson' talking AWAY (askew) from the camera/audience. It's awkward, weird, jarring, and in direct contradiction to the 'earnest' message you guys seem to want to send. How can 'we' take you seriously (or believe in you) if you guys won't even *look us directly in the eyes* on these Videos?

3) When C-3PO watches these types of Videos with me, he always utters the same phrase: 'Delusions of Grandeur'. - I would urge you all to look up exactly what this phrase means and do your best to avoid emulating it from now on if you hope to salvage whatever is left of BioWare's (and SWTOR's) 'reputation'.

4) Speaking for myself and others like me: These types of Videos do NOT make 'us' want to play the game nor purchase anything associated within the game's Cartel Market (only the prospect of *rare* items do that) . Instead, the Video serves as a disappointing reminder of what this game could have been (and still can be) .

5) From now on, if you really truly want to 'promote' this game with authentic enthusiasm: Start making Videos discussing/showing things from that 'WALL OF CRAZY'. You needn't worry about "making false promises" or whatever, because a) That 'perception' is already a reality at this point...and b) Desperate times call for desperate measures (as opposed to desperate-looking Promo-Videos) .

6) Ask LucasArts immediately to allow you guys to use all the 'Cartel Profits' to re-hire the people from BLUR STUDIOS to do something ANYTHING regarding the future 'direction' of this game.

Thanks, good luck, and i hope this post doesn't prevent you from considering my Guild's application on the 'Community Guild Spotlight' thread.

regards, Nee
Best thing I've read in the whole thread.

Philastra
12.29.2012 , 03:56 AM | #64
In the video he says have a Happy Life Day which is about giving...not paying for Limited time offers that cannot be claimed in game with quests or an event.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

Goretzu
12.31.2012 , 05:20 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Philastra View Post
In the video he says have a Happy Life Day which is about giving...not paying for Limited time offers that cannot be claimed in game with quests or an event.
That, unfortunately, is the "true meaning" of "Life Day".
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Qwurdilu
12.31.2012 , 08:23 AM | #66
Whats the name of the mask at 1:00?

Evgen
01.03.2013 , 07:16 PM | #67
Mock me no more with you your flagrant display of unattainable purple light saber crystals!
So rare that only every second trash Sith NPC has one.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Asha-D
01.07.2013 , 11:05 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Qwurdilu View Post
Whats the name of the mask at 1:00?
Lord Kallig's mask. You get it as a Sith Inquistor anyway. Not sure about elsewhere. Whats the armor set at 1:09?

damjanar
01.08.2013 , 09:12 AM | #69
I think its a good thing though i must say whats the point of locking titles for f2pers im a sub myself but i think that locking the titles is sort of a big mistake since everybody likes the titles i guess .... atleast i hear it allot from my guildies and true you have to lock certain things for f2pers i agree but why Xp and titles? cause it takes the fun away..... if u have like limited xp which u earn trough missions but i do agree as i said before u have to lock or limit some options for f2pers i completly understand that

Greetings:Kirito

AgentJacen
01.08.2013 , 11:34 PM | #70
BioWare screwed up bad with F2P! This here is my rakghoul friend. He will infect you unless you remove a few F2P restrictions.
"Only I've been both Jedi and Sith, and found clarity in the force." -Revan