Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Engineering Algorithm

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse Engineering Algorithm

wainot-keel
01.03.2013 , 06:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FAAmecanic View Post
I just had a case where I RE'ed 21 Implants (lvl 26 might?) without going from green to blue. Then I RE'ed some armor (on my armortech toon) and out of 5 items got 3 blue.... go figure.
Or three purples in a row out of 5 blues (at 10% chance). I may have depleted the server's luck that day

Kaerwolf
03.27.2013 , 08:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyons_Crest View Post
There is nothing consumable to impove crafting at this time.
Location doesn't matter as to where you RE anything in game.
Having windows doesn't help either.
Being in or out of an instance doesn't help either.
Being on a ship or where ever doesn't help craft neither.

What will help you ask? I will tell you. Get 5 to 10 of any 1 item start RE all of them one at a time, That's how you will get a purple schematic outside of that, cross your fingers and do a lot of hopping to get lucky, cause it's not easy. btw am sorry if all of this seems like bad news, its just how things are and have been it's a rough business crafting, just wait until you get to 50 it only get's harder lol
I used to gather 5-10 modifications at a time to get an end game schematic eventually, never succeeded. In 1 year I've yet to get one single successful schem drom from end game modifications. What exactly do I have to do to get a schematic drop from columni/rakata grade modifications? This morning I had after a time of gathering to seek to prove if it is at all doable, and in a fit or rage I re:ed 30-35 mods in a row, hoping to get at least 1 schematic drop. Result, not a single schematic drop. Which mods are Reverse Engineerable exactly? How can others craft end game level mods when I keep failing to RE even one modification? From the 100s of mods I've re:ed over the year I've played, I would think I should have got at least some schematics, dont you think?

Khevar
03.27.2013 , 08:27 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaerwolf View Post
I used to gather 5-10 modifications at a time to get an end game schematic eventually, never succeeded. In 1 year I've yet to get one single successful schem drom from end game modifications. What exactly do I have to do to get a schematic drop from columni/rakata grade modifications? This morning I had after a time of gathering to seek to prove if it is at all doable, and in a fit or rage I re:ed 30-35 mods in a row, hoping to get at least 1 schematic drop. Result, not a single schematic drop. Which mods are Reverse Engineerable exactly? How can others craft end game level mods when I keep failing to RE even one modification? From the 100s of mods I've re:ed over the year I've played, I would think I should have got at least some schematics, dont you think?
Neither Columi nor Rakata gear can be REed for schematics. Did you really try and do 35 of them in a row?

Black Hole / Campaign / Dread Guard / Hazmat gear can be REed for schems.

steave
03.27.2013 , 11:02 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Neither Columi nor Rakata gear can be REed for schematics. Did you really try and do 35 of them in a row?

Black Hole / Campaign / Dread Guard / Hazmat gear can be REed for schems.
And the armorings can only be REd if they're not bound to slot.

Read the tooltip next time, it will state your RE chance or say "no research available".

-Wes-
03.27.2013 , 11:51 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Read the tooltip next time, it will state your RE chance or say "no research available".
For sure! I find it a bit annoying that dropped gear tends not to be reverse-engeineerable, but so it goes. At least the tool tip on the item does tell you whether you have a chance to earn a schematic!
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

Kaerwolf
03.27.2013 , 12:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by -Wes- View Post
For sure! I find it a bit annoying that dropped gear tends not to be reverse-engeineerable, but so it goes. At least the tool tip on the item does tell you whether you have a chance to earn a schematic!
Indeed, the joke is on me who thought that since they are worse than the lvl 26 and 27 items they'd be RE:able. Have not seen any mods drop at end game that allows for RE, and since the only mods I can buy are the armorings. It did not say it was RE:able either by the way, bought it to check. So it is then complete and utterly useless to pick any crafting skill except biochem for future reference then. From what I have read about next version of the game, crew skills will be even more nerfed and there will be no point whatsoever to pursue a crafting career other than blue levelling gear that will probably always see a demand.

Good to know Bioware, good to know...