Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tarkkonis
01.03.2013 , 04:13 AM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Read SWTOR Executive Producer Jeff Hickman's latest State of the Game update here:

READ MORE
I don't believe a word that comes out of this mans mouth.

I wont be returning to the game while Hickman is in charge thats for sure..

Netavarious
01.03.2013 , 04:24 AM | #282
..and still no guild housing or player housing...nothing NEW on the horizon of real merit then...if its never going to happen, it would be nice for it to just be said so we could stop wading through more pointless raids and unexciting PvP crap. The game has been plagued with bugs and broken PvP since the outset, and numerous promised made in development have YET to be implemented...and yet same-sex interactions; additional raid content; free-to-ruin; and the cartel nonsense seems to be the Dev's best effort to misdirect and appease God-knows-who!

R-Tee-Doo-Tee
01.03.2013 , 04:52 AM | #283
good to see communication from the dev's. I personally cannot see same gender romance offering anything i want to see in my game of swtor. I also think that even if i did want same gender romances the ballache of starting yet another toon to get those options available to me isn't really something i would be fond of doing. Will same gender romance be allowed to people already levelled up to 50 ?

I am another of "those" people who would love to see chat bubbles added to the game. Im a old school mmo player and its hard to keep track of who is saying what when there is so much spam in the busiest instanced areas of the game. Obviously this could be a toggle option for people who dont like it.

It would be great to see some new species added into the game too. I was initially very excited for the cathar race when seeing it in a gaming show video but then when they didn't materialise i wont lie i did feel somewhat disappointed.Then when i heard rumours that the race could be part of the cash shop i just sighed. But now at this point in time id just like to see some extra options available to me when making a toon.

I would also personally love to see more items added to the cartel maket. My current issue with the cartel market as it stands is the fact i can spend a lot of money and not get anything i want from it. This is good business for yourselves but as a customer if i cant buy exactly what i want i just wont bother doing so. I initially spent a lot of money on cartel packs but got burnt out when the items i wanted just were not dropping from the packs. The game as it stands makes it easier for people to go to gold sellers and buy credits to get what they want off the GTN. This is something i cant get my head around....As a customer do you think people will spend hundreds of dollars to get a random drop or just visit a credit farmer so they have the cash in their pocket to buy it ? People know what they want and will do what they have to to get it. What im saying is i would rather put my money in the pocket of Bioware than to a chinese third party gold selling business to get what i want from swtor.

I want to see more personalisation from the game regardng toons.
I want to change hairstyles and remove add tattoos etc. Some way of changing customising toons ??

More Meta games please lets have some pazzak , podracing , chance cube silliness, gambling machines that pay out in cantinas, maybe a player bounty system to allow bounty hunters or agents to hunt players to give people in game a way of amusing themselves and others.Why for the love of god is there no krayt dragons to hunt in groups on tattoine ( there are skeletons of them there ? These sort of things will allow people to make their own amusements and activities with friends or when friends arent online. I also am very interested in a better space game. I have played the current space game and found it a very underwhelming and terribly linear experience considering im supposed to be in space.

Its good to see the dev team actually speaking to the community tho. Posts like this one give long term players a certain amount of hope. Do people at Bioware listen ? Well posts like this will prove that.

Rashenn
01.03.2013 , 05:00 AM | #284
Great to have an update on SGR's after such a long wait.

Thanks

Goretzu
01.03.2013 , 05:07 AM | #285
With the exception of the Ilum revamp (which we knew was coming) and same sex relationships in Makeb (which might be great for some and meh for others) there's not a lot in there, just vague promises that we've all heard 100 times before.

I mean it is quite unbelieveable that after more than 12 months they haven't even got chracter copy to the test server sorted.

Some communication is better than none, of course, but WAR has more in its MONTHLY developers letters than SWTOR does in its 6 monthly state of the games.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

ZIMMOZMAN
01.03.2013 , 05:16 AM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Get off your high horse speaking for others, there are people that want transfers.
more people want a merge before transfers wasn't speaking for the whole APAC community most of Master Dar'Nala want a merge. we want to play with our great ping so we can kite and not get hit from around a corner and huttball love getting over the line for a goal on your screen but dying because your still in the fire.
But if you love playing with a gimp go for it.
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

nartiuslightlord
01.03.2013 , 05:37 AM | #287
The State of your game is buggy. Tell the engineers to put down Asian bride monthly and stop watching step brothers and get to fixing the bugs.

It's in your long term interest to fix the bugs before they outnumber the players.

Oh and welcome back to work!
CE VIP

SWTOR Episode I - A New Meme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDaG7YqaV4

Zandar
01.03.2013 , 06:31 AM | #288
I came back to this game because I read about a new expansian and asumed they finally implemented SGR and open world pvp after a year.

Reading both are delayed for probably a long time makes me a quite sad puppy.
I don't think these devs are capable of living up to what the players want.

NSStember
01.03.2013 , 07:17 AM | #289
Nice to see the updates he talked about, but I was hoping for *some* word on the Cathar and when to expect them in the game.

Laurreth
01.03.2013 , 07:26 AM | #290
So "proper" open PvP appears to be shelved for the foreseeable future, or even for good.

Can't say I'm really sad about it anymore. While this game has a suitable setting for large-scale action, truly open PvP is probably one of the hardest things in game design, and with populations being as imbalanced as they are (Jar'Kai Sword, the German PvP server, seems to have roughly a 2:1 Imp:Rep ratio), it'd hardly turn out any good. A gated community, instanced, disconnected zergfest like in GW2 might work, but it would, IMO, not be based on a good precedent.

So… more warzones then. What about bigger warzones? 12v12 or 16v16 should be possible and would up the scale significantly.

(On an unrelated note, I just don't get the hard-on some people who think writing in weird colours just to stick out would be a good idea seem to have with chat bubbles. I sorta, kinda get the thing for SGRs, although it's 50% disturbing ; (edit) thanks Vlacke for clarifying that point )