Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
01.02.2013 , 01:25 PM | #4741
I guess it's because I know I've got crappy work days ahead of me, but am I the only one a little... underwhelmed?

I mean, it's good that we're getting NPC flirt options, and it's nice that Mr. Hickman acknowledged the wait for this content, but...

...eh.

JovethGonzalez
01.02.2013 , 01:27 PM | #4742 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
Hurray, at last some form of answer.

Do we still send cupcakes? lol

^.^
Woah woah woah. Cupcakes? I support this idea completely and thoroughly.

In all honesty, as Jeff stated in his blog, apologies for such a delay in an official response, but I'm glad we were finally able to provide it for you. Thanks for your patience through all of this. Here's to a great 2013 for SWTOR and its community!

chuixupu
01.02.2013 , 01:28 PM | #4743
Maybe someone can give them cupcakes at the San Fran Cantina tour, if that's still happening.

Don't take my response to be unhappy, I was very happy to see the response, I'm just cautiously guarding my enthusiasm with healthy skepticism and sarcasm.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

stuffystuffs
01.02.2013 , 01:28 PM | #4744
So...I don't have to re-roll to do these I take it?

Though, I'm skeptical on how involved these romances will be.

It's still good to hear something...finally
Node guarder

Kioma
01.02.2013 , 01:29 PM | #4745
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
So SGR flirt options with Makeb, and by the sounds of it, any SGR with a companion will be a special one-size fits all companion...which seeing as how this is the breakdown for possible romance options for the classes...
Actually I don't think there's anything that implies how they're going to address companion SGRAs, other than 'not with Makeb'. They're throwing in non-companion NPC flirts, and are working toward companion SGRAs at a later date.

I mean we can read things into their words until the cows come home. The past nine months or so of silence shows that it doesn't do much good to do so.

What I'm now hoping for is a developer post here at the front lines. That'd be nice.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Melycinya
01.02.2013 , 01:30 PM | #4746
I think what he's saying is that the first run of SGRs won't be companions, because that's taking a long time (I can't help but wonder if there's an issue with voice actor(s) here...what else could be so much more complicated than the other romances?), and that the first run will be NPC flirts, instead. Good news for 50s (who buy the expasion), they haven't missed out on anything...yet. Hopefully they'll have the time to go back and add flirts to 1-50 content, though, in addition to getting around to companions one day.
I love turning heads.
My favorite part is the kr-KRAK just before they throw themselves at my feet.

Quething
01.02.2013 , 01:31 PM | #4747
And with that, I pre-order Makeb.

Was that so gosh darn hard?

(Amusingly, my only 50 is my hopelessly-stuck-on-Satele Knight, who won't even be using any flirt options on Makeb.)

(I'm really hoping that "more details to come" means that now that they've finally realized how bloody stupid their gag order is and broken it with that first statement, we're going to get... more details.)

On a disappointing note, I just found out that the profanity filter in ingame chat (which I turned off on day one) filters "bisexual." Two steps forward, one step back with my esteem for these guys on this front.

MoogleNut
01.02.2013 , 01:32 PM | #4748
Y'know what? I should be happy we finally got a response, but I'm really not.

Basically, all the ideas and suggestions we've been encouraged to make (into a void no less) over the past year, and it boils down to this - buy Makeb or no inclusion for you - so 'pay-for-gay'.

I can't be the only one pissed off by this

Kioma
01.02.2013 , 01:32 PM | #4749
Quote: Originally Posted by Quething View Post
On a disappointing note, I just found out that the profanity filter in ingame chat (which I turned off on day one) filters "bisexual." Two steps forward, one step back with my esteem for these guys on this front.
Yyyyeah, that's probably something that could be changed.

Kioma
01.02.2013 , 01:34 PM | #4750
Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
Y'know what? I should be happy we finally got a response, but I'm really not.

Basically, all the ideas and suggestions we've been encouraged to make (into a void no less) over the past year, and it boils down to this - buy Makeb or no inclusion for you - so 'pay-for-gay'.

I can't be the only one pissed off by this
Don't be too quick on that. When Makeb goes in I'm sure a lot of content will be added across the board (if it's anything like every other expansion I've seen in MMOs), not all of which will require the expansion purchase. Perhaps the NPCs that will be SGR flirt-enabled will be right across the board, in non-Makeb areas? This is info we don't have yet.