Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Transferring Hilts

Talyndor
12.31.2012 , 10:38 PM | #1
Is there any way to transfer hilts? i.e., is there a legacy saber you can by to transfer hilts between toons?

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative

jediluck
01.01.2013 , 12:00 AM | #2
You can transfer hilts to another lightsaber by right clicking it when it is in a lightsaber and then accepting the extract. You can then put the hilt in another modifiable lightsaber/vibrosword. However, if a hilt has been equipped, it will be bound and you won't be able to transfer it to another character or trade it. You can only sell it to a vendor or put it in another lightsaber.

Legacy sabers aren't modifiable.

Any hilt/enhancement/barrel/armoring/crystal/augment/mod can be mailed to any of your toons or other players, but only if they aren't bound. If they are bound, then you can't send them to anyone, even your own characters.

Hope that helped.

SleepyKing
01.01.2013 , 01:08 AM | #3
The short answer is no, there is no way to transfer hilts between characters in a legacy since there are no modifiable Bind on Legacy lightsabers in the game at this time. You can only transfer barrels and crystals if you were lucky enough to pick up a legacy weapon during the last world event (the bowcaster).

JacksonMo
01.01.2013 , 04:09 AM | #4
If I recall correctly, the next "world event" is due out in January.
With any luck, moddable saber's will be on the menu of event rewards.
I would also like more BoL armor. The Gand Acquisition race last fall was fun, but I think looking back that getting speeders for every toon was kind of a waste. Event BoL gear is not class specific so I can put it on a companion, unlike the existing stuff you buy on DK/Coruscant.

Talyndor
01.01.2013 , 06:22 PM | #5
Thanks, all.
I suspected as much. Seems a bit odd we can send out barrels and crystals and mods and armor and enhancements using legacy gear, but not hilts.
I mean, really....no one uses hilts anyways, right? Why make them transferable, when EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME is transferable?
Thanks for the replies. I was just confirming my suspicions.

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative