Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting free for your mats - Legit?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Crafting free for your mats - Legit?

zejaie
12.06.2012 , 05:31 AM | #11
I liked the commission crafting in EQ2. There was no exchange of mats, it was just so much easier to hire someone to craft for you. All you did was stand next to them by a crafting station and start crafting, the mats automatically came out and you auto got the product. They need to implement something like that here.
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!

Soapland
12.06.2012 , 06:12 AM | #12
Its pretty legit if you keep seeing the same person advertising it day after day. Its how i got my armorings, and from 2 different people too.

Zask
12.06.2012 , 08:30 AM | #13
If the crafter doesn't have a pre-made to trade with you, you can always ask for collateral against your mats in the form of credits. Either send the mats through mail with a COD requirement, or get the money up front during the trade.
Pentir -- Combat Medic
Jedi Covenant

tiltion
12.06.2012 , 10:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by zejaie View Post
I liked the commission crafting in EQ2. There was no exchange of mats, it was just so much easier to hire someone to craft for you. All you did was stand next to them by a crafting station and start crafting, the mats automatically came out and you auto got the product. They need to implement something like that here.
I never got into EQ2 enough to see this, that sounds like an awesome feature! I'm shocked more games haven't borrowed the idea.
"...another reason why you can’t mail your incredibly dirty messages to members of the opposite faction. ...Empire players would start sending horrific messages – and I mean horrific – so that’s what we want to avoid." - Creative Director James Ohlen

Spreken
01.01.2013 , 05:12 PM | #15
I believe I was just ripped off. What can I do about it? I didn't take a pic but friended the person and noted the time of transaction.

amaresch
01.01.2013 , 08:59 PM | #16
Some of the server forums, The Harbinger- for example, has threads on who to trust and who is a crook. it isn't perfect, but does help.

Other than that, Try to keep your crafters either within your guild or to those who you know personally. Barring that, swap your mats for pre-mades.
L'héritage S'Attarde
The Harbinger

LogicalPremise
01.14.2013 , 08:57 AM | #17
As a rule, free or not, I don't do any crafting for mats with a crafter who doesn't have premades. Also, ensure that you inspect the crafter's actual crafting plans list (you can do it by right clicking them) -- more than once I've seen hucksters offering to make 27's that didn't even have the plan for such a thing.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

Thundergulch
01.17.2013 , 01:20 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by zejaie View Post
Yes, this was an awesome feature!
EQ2 had a lot of great features that sets them apart from other MMO's. (never played wow)
I liked the auction feature in Rift, and you could also put up a stack of mats and set an individual sell price, this way the buyer can buy 1 or more pieces if they wish, or even the entire stack. This would eliminate the need for everyone to flood the GTN with single item crap.

Heezdedjim
01.17.2013 , 01:54 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Bida View Post
Sometimes the crafter has one ready that he will trade for your mats on the spot.
If you're at all concerned or don't know the person, just insist on this. If he or she is an actual dedicated crafter, they will already have a stock of the items they sell ready made for this purpose. Just offer to trade mats for the finished item only, and if they say no, find someone else; it's not like there is any shortage of people spamming this 24x7 on fleet.

psandak
01.18.2013 , 09:56 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Spreken View Post
I believe I was just ripped off. What can I do about it? I didn't take a pic but friended the person and noted the time of transaction.
All you can really do is open a ticket and pray.

And this is why I prefer to go through the GTM. I would rather pay a little more in credits and KNOW what I am getting and get it right away. I also make more credits by selling everything I can make on the GTM so it balances out .