Any hope for Mac Users?

jeremyacrawford

Gaming computer...

My professional video and music editing Mac Pro blows those toys into the stratosphere.

*uses Static Barrier*

That would of mean't something when they were still using the PowerPC architecture and Intel / AMD were behind in the game.

Edited by SDTAXantos

Bootcamp or Parallels, that's all I can say. I have a Mac for college (I didn't pay for it and it's more mobile than my PC) and switching to Windows via bootcamp is the only way I can play some non-Mac supported Steam games when I'm out of the house and waiting for something.

EA only recently opened Origin to the Mac, but for the game they are trying to kill, I wouldn't hold my breath, unfortunately.

Your best hope is 500 bucks on a respectable desktop that's probably about as powerful as your silly little Macintosh that you spent 2000 bucks on

Otherwise, you're SOL

Best part.... if the video card goes out, you just change it; you don't have to trash the whole freaking computer or lose ti for 3 months while they decide if it can be fixed or not.

• 5 months later...
I won't expect it anytime soon, as Mac isn't exactly DirectX compatible. So they'd be required to rewrite their rendering engine to support OpenGL, which isn't the easiest of tasks to do for a major project such as SWTOR. And considering as to how little the OS X userbase is for gaming thus far, it's quickly not worth the development effort.

False. They could make a Mac client that uses Wine to translate the game without having to re-write it from the ground up. Guild Wars 2 did this and it works wonderfully. Anyone saying it is a total re-write doesn't know what they are talking about. :rolleyes:

False. They could make a Mac client that uses Wine to translate the game without having to re-write it from the ground up. Guild Wars 2 did this and it works wonderfully. Anyone saying it is a total re-write doesn't know what they are talking about. :rolleyes:

Wow... you really necro'd a 6 month old thread just to tell people this? Seriously?

Wow... you really necro'd a 6 month old thread just to tell people this? Seriously?

Well, his name is DarthNecromus.

Why do people buy Mac's instead of a computer they can play games on? Why complain after?

Someone on my raid team has a PC but actually prefers playing on his Mac with an illegal copy of Windows :confused:

Edited by chuixupu

Someone on my raid team has a PC but actually prefers playing on his Mac with an illegal copy of Windows :confused:

We'll see how happy he is after his Mac breaks down.

I will never own a Mac for one simple reason:

I've known others who have owned a Mac. Never gets tiring to hear how much of a pain-in-the-butt Macs are, yet also how great they are, all in the same paragraph.

And, the laughs never stop when their Macs break down. The angst! The anger! The frustration! As they wait for 6 months for the local Apple store to tell them their Mac has turned into a paperweight, but they can get you a deal on a new & better Mac! New paperweight functions included! :rolleyes:

Edited by CaptRavenous

ALL others > Apple products

To get equal hardware

Mac= 2000$

Pc = 500$

Love my Galaxy S3, and my Linux Mint 14 laptop too. This windows PC is JUST for SWTOR.

Even if for some reason you wanted to use the mac OS the proper thing to do would be to create a hackintosh PC.

PC parts + Mac OS

Cheap as a PC with the mac OS, no reason to ever actually purchase anything from apple.

No need to insult Mac users, but the answer is the same. BW can't even get their own Launcher to work half the time. They are not going to spend resources on a whole new client that will draw in only a few users. It's just not cost effective.

Gaming computer...

My professional video and music editing Mac Pro blows those toys into the stratosphere.

*uses Static Barrier*

i7 3970 OC 4.5

16GB RAM 1866 MHz

SLI Nvidia 680's

Any need to name other parts? Still spent less money than you, you don't have a badas computer bro.

Edited by JwresB