Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any hope for Mac Users?

bahdasz
12.31.2012 , 09:05 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by SinRMcSinR View Post
Your best hope is 500 bucks on a respectable desktop that's probably about as powerful as your silly little Macintosh that you spent 2000 bucks on

Otherwise, you're SOL
Best part.... if the video card goes out, you just change it; you don't have to trash the whole freaking computer or lose ti for 3 months while they decide if it can be fixed or not.

DarthNecromus
06.28.2013 , 03:57 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
I won't expect it anytime soon, as Mac isn't exactly DirectX compatible. So they'd be required to rewrite their rendering engine to support OpenGL, which isn't the easiest of tasks to do for a major project such as SWTOR. And considering as to how little the OS X userbase is for gaming thus far, it's quickly not worth the development effort.
False. They could make a Mac client that uses Wine to translate the game without having to re-write it from the ground up. Guild Wars 2 did this and it works wonderfully. Anyone saying it is a total re-write doesn't know what they are talking about.

CaptRavenous
06.28.2013 , 04:00 PM | #33
All hope was lost as soon as you bought a Mac.

They somehow keep finding suckers to buy them, though.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

ELRunninW
06.28.2013 , 04:17 PM | #34
Why do people buy Mac's instead of a computer they can play games on? Why complain after?

Chickensevil
06.28.2013 , 04:23 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNecromus View Post
False. They could make a Mac client that uses Wine to translate the game without having to re-write it from the ground up. Guild Wars 2 did this and it works wonderfully. Anyone saying it is a total re-write doesn't know what they are talking about.
Wow... you really necro'd a 6 month old thread just to tell people this? Seriously?
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

chuixupu
06.28.2013 , 04:27 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Chickensevil View Post
Wow... you really necro'd a 6 month old thread just to tell people this? Seriously?
Well, his name is DarthNecromus.

Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
Why do people buy Mac's instead of a computer they can play games on? Why complain after?
Someone on my raid team has a PC but actually prefers playing on his Mac with an illegal copy of Windows
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

CaptRavenous
06.28.2013 , 06:29 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Someone on my raid team has a PC but actually prefers playing on his Mac with an illegal copy of Windows
We'll see how happy he is after his Mac breaks down.

I will never own a Mac for one simple reason:

I've known others who have owned a Mac. Never gets tiring to hear how much of a pain-in-the-butt Macs are, yet also how great they are, all in the same paragraph.

And, the laughs never stop when their Macs break down. The angst! The anger! The frustration! As they wait for 6 months for the local Apple store to tell them their Mac has turned into a paperweight, but they can get you a deal on a new & better Mac! New paperweight functions included!
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

SkunkWerks
06.28.2013 , 07:30 PM | #38
Quote:
Any hope for Mac Users?
None I can see.

Rankyn
06.28.2013 , 07:39 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Best part.... if the video card goes out, you just change it; you don't have to trash the whole freaking computer or lose ti for 3 months while they decide if it can be fixed or not.
http://img.flamingeeks.com/2011/02/macvspc_webcam.png

Smuglebunny
06.28.2013 , 11:17 PM | #40
ALL others > Apple products

To get equal hardware
Mac= 2000$
Pc = 500$

Love my Galaxy S3, and my Linux Mint 14 laptop too. This windows PC is JUST for SWTOR.

Even if for some reason you wanted to use the mac OS the proper thing to do would be to create a hackintosh PC.

PC parts + Mac OS

Cheap as a PC with the mac OS, no reason to ever actually purchase anything from apple.