Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Revanchis
12.31.2012 , 01:00 PM | #4691
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
I know I've said this before, but remember SW:TOR is made by BW-Austin which is separate from the BW-Edmonton team that has made all the great BW RPG's we love (BG, KotOR, JE, ME, DAO, etc.). While they share the BW name that seems to me to be about as far the association goes.

BW-Austin clearly has different guiding principles for their game design. BW-Edmonton takes a lot of pride in their inclusive game design and has long been a supporter of the GLBT community. BW-Austin clearly isn't.

I'll admit that I too have lost a great deal of interest in anything to do with BW, regardless of which studio a game is being made by, because of the Austin group's dismissal of the GLBT community. That doesn't mean I'll never buy a product from the Edmonton group again but I'll definitely be giving anything they make a close look before I do. I certainly wouldn't ever purchase anything from the Austin group again, though I imagine the Austin group's doors will simply be closed once TOR shuts down.
Agreed, this will be my last game with any non-Edmonton "Bioware". Considering David Gaider is manning the helm for Dragon Age 3 I'm going to at least give it a look.

I'd probably like this game much more or at least be more forgiving of it if it weren't a BW company.

Tatile
12.31.2012 , 01:13 PM | #4692
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
hehe, I'd be all for something like that, Nat, but what message do we send with them?

^.^
Love is the Force.

The Force Knows No Bounds.

In rainbow writing on white icing. With rainbow hundreds and thousands.

Or "This Year" if you want to be mean

DarkTrooperV
12.31.2012 , 01:47 PM | #4693
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
[COLOR="Plum"]First off, good morning and Happy New Year's Eve! Happy New Year's to you non Yanks!
Happy New Years to everyone all around whether it is yet or not. It's funny people use Yanks to include all of the USA. Really it only ever applied to those of us in the very northeast of the country in New York State and Vermont way back when.

I'm a bit concerned about Makeb. I'm going to hold off getting it being that nothing has been said. About what's really in it. If SGR's are in it, I'll get it. If not, I'll shut the coffin on this game (for me), and move on to other games that have SGR's. Not sure what MMO's have them...but I have most of the Single player games that do. The fight in me is starting to fade. But if anyone on Ebon Hawk or Begeren Colony want to RP an SGR, I have a female Sith Warrior on Begeren Colony and a Female Sith Inquisitor on Ebon Hawk.
The Joker: They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

Tatile
12.31.2012 , 01:54 PM | #4694
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTrooperV View Post
I'm a bit concerned about Makeb. I'm going to hold off getting it being that nothing has been said. About what's really in it. If SGR's are in it, I'll get it. If not, I'll shut the coffin on this game (for me), and move on to other games that have SGR's. Not sure what MMO's have them...but I have most of the Single player games that do. The fight in me is starting to fade. But if anyone on Ebon Hawk or Begeren Colony want to RP an SGR, I have a female Sith Warrior on Begeren Colony and a Female Sith Inquisitor on Ebon Hawk.
Pretty much everyone's waiting on more information for Makeb, most hoping that we'll be seeing more the closer to the early-access-order-date (which one would assume to be a logical* course of action).

I'm playing Pokemon White2 at the moment because the SO got me that for Christmas and my guild's on a Christmas break as well. For the most part I feel like I've exhausted most of my options - I have no idea how much an InterFlora to BW:Austin would be :/ Probably massive loads to send rainbow gerberas.

*ahaha

Palar
12.31.2012 , 03:45 PM | #4695
One day left on the sub... huh. "Should I stay or should I go now?"

Ah well, I can still log-in and see if the guild's doing anything today - if anyone's awake.

If I go silent, good luck everyone. It's been ... interesting. Have fun, and all that. Stay cool, and enjoy whatever comes next with this new year. (Even you, Ramette.)

wainot-keel
12.31.2012 , 04:16 PM | #4696
Thanks everybody for their wishes ! Still a few hours left in 2012 here !

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Pretty much everyone's waiting on more information for Makeb, most hoping that we'll be seeing more the closer to the early-access-order-date (which one would assume to be a logical* course of action).
Well, still have a shred of hope that BW hasnt been able to kill despite their efforts. Along with the actual planet content, there will be a lot of changes. I hope one of those will be SGRs

I'm playing Pokemon White2 at the moment because the SO got me that for Christmas and my guild's on a Christmas break as well.
I got a few more cheevos on Plants vs Zombies

Tatile
12.31.2012 , 04:29 PM | #4697
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Well, still have a shred of hope that BW hasnt been able to kill despite their efforts. Along with the actual planet content, there will be a lot of changes. I hope one of those will be SGRs
It says a lot about those who want SGRA's that they're still able to hope for it in spite of Bioware's best efforts. And boy, have Bioware tried.

I was talking a while back about how Bioware were or were not defining "this year" and it's likely that if SGRA's come out with Makeb, and Makeb is in March, then they can say it was within "this year" of the Guild Summit.

Bargh.

Arglaar
12.31.2012 , 05:26 PM | #4698
I was talking a while back about how Bioware were or were not defining "this year" and it's likely that if SGRA's come out with Makeb, and Makeb is in March, then they can say it was within "this year" of the Guild Summit..
You know, as much as I hate to admit it, it is entirely possible that they were speaking of this "Fiscal Year" which ends in March.

Kioma
12.31.2012 , 05:34 PM | #4699
Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
You know, as much as I hate to admit it, it is entirely possible that they were speaking of this "Fiscal Year" which ends in March.
It's a great deal more likely they were using a term they hoped would be anomalous and ambiguous enough to give them some wiggle-room in the event of not being able to get the feature out by the end of the year. It's highly unlikely they'd be willing to define 'this year' and really it's meaningless now. The staffing changes will have changed everything and BW:A just flatly refuse to state so.

And if they do get it out by the end of your fiscal year then certainly they'll claim that's what they meant all along. Political speech. Because actually just keeping us informed would be lowering themselves too much.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Tatile
12.31.2012 , 05:42 PM | #4700
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
And if they do get it out by the end of your fiscal year then certainly they'll claim that's what they meant all along. Political speech. Because actually just keeping us informed would be lowering themselves too much.
And that was such a grand dream, back in the summer, to increase communication to the community. A grand dream that lasted all of two weeks, before the crushing weight of apathy grasped a hold of reality and they drowned together.

As the Community Team are going to back to work on the 7th at the earliest, what does everyone expect them to be commenting on? I suspect they are going to pop into the numerous Hutt Cartel threads and tell people that "magical" things are coming, hold the hands of the people wanting hood toggles, continue to ignore those on the APAC servers and give us a patronising "Happy New Year" message.

You know what I really wonder, though? Not even the NPCs can be gay. Nowhere in all the galaxy have I ever seen an indication from background NPCs that they might prefer a lap dance from someone who isn't a woman - or that they be wanting to be chatted up by the lady in the Mandalorian armour, rather than the sleazy wanna-be smuggler who just dragged himself out of the latrine. That takes an outstanding amount of effort and forethought, I say.

If nothing else, when Bioware said "gays don't exist in Star Wars" they meant it.