Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Djem so form with dual wielding sabers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Djem so form with dual wielding sabers?

Spartanik
12.30.2012 , 05:33 PM | #11
Actualy i was under the impression that djem so use was focused on countering, enemy atacks with powerfull counter atacks, and so on... it makes sense to be more then possible with 2 light sabers. one for defense and other for a powerfull offense. allthough i recon that would be even harder to master then with a single saber, so probably not that practical.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

TalonVII
12.30.2012 , 05:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
Actualy i was under the impression that djem so use was focused on countering, enemy atacks with powerfull counter atacks, and so on... it makes sense to be more then possible with 2 light sabers. one for defense and other for a powerfull offense. allthough i recon that would be even harder to master then with a single saber, so probably not that practical.
But it also requires strength, and what is stronger? One blade being held with two hands, or one blade being held with 1 hand?
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Spartanik
12.30.2012 , 05:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
But it also requires strength, and what is stronger? One blade being held with two hands, or one blade being held with 1 hand?
Yes but the permise is there besides you need to remember force users would use the force to augment their strengh, and atacks, so that means very litle, it depends on the user realy.
Look at malgus on the return trailer, hacking off TROWING debrie while dual wielding, those atacks seemed powerfull enough for instance.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

GarfieldJL
12.30.2012 , 09:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
Yes but the permise is there besides you need to remember force users would use the force to augment their strengh, and atacks, so that means very litle, it depends on the user realy.
Look at malgus on the return trailer, hacking off TROWING debrie while dual wielding, those atacks seemed powerfull enough for instance.
He wasn't using Djem So at that moment though. Djem So uses a different set of principles, from what we saw in that trailer.

Spartanik
12.30.2012 , 10:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
He wasn't using Djem So at that moment though. Djem So uses a different set of principles, from what we saw in that trailer.
No he wasnt using djem so allthough it will be impossible to tell obviously, but its irrelevant im not even trying to prove that malgus uses djem so in that trailer. why do you think i was? read the posts again

But it proves the point doesnt it?! Powerfull atacks can be made using duel wield.
Also
Quote:

TalonVII
12.31.2012 , 08:50 AM | #16
Yes but it goes back to the principal i had just stated.

Yeah he could do powerful attacks with one hand with the force, had he been using only one blade and using the force and had both hands on one blade, those attacks would of been MUCH stronger than him using two blades.

Remember the force isn't the "Everything ends because I use the force". The force can amplify a person but you have to remember, the laws of physics for the most part still apply, even to the force. A man swinging an object with two hands, with the force or without is going to hit something harder than if he swung with just one arm.

Period.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Spartanik
12.31.2012 , 09:09 AM | #17
It doesnt remove the possibility of dual wield... its just would be harder or probably not so pratical as i said in my previous posts, but not impossible.
Period.
Also
Quote:

MasterMe
12.31.2012 , 09:16 AM | #18
I honestly think it's impossible to use a dual-weild Djem So form. It's all about strength. No matter how strong your arms are individually, you'll be stronger using both arms on one weapon.

Vulsamee
12.31.2012 , 09:55 AM | #19
Basically what the general consensus is saying: theoretically yes, but it's very impractical and I doubt it would work well at all.

TwistedTony
12.31.2012 , 03:09 PM | #20
Malgus was using Ataru in the return trailer, judging by the style he was using. He was using, powerful, fast, and wide swings which resembles ataru the most. Look it up on star wars wiki on lightsaber forms, there's some good **** on there.

and it says the user of ataru would call upon the force to build and increase its physical strength to be able to use stronger, faster, and acrobatic blows (yoda in clone wars??) So yeah a dual weilding marauder that uses ataru can use power swings. Hell if yoda can go from using a cane, to being a spinning acrobat, anything can happen
The Bastion - Descension
Rexas - Juggernaut, Predatus - Marauder, Malitus - Assassin
Vigilax - Guardian