Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfers. Here's hoping.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfers. Here's hoping.

Sith_Ecks
12.31.2012 , 09:32 AM | #1
Dear Bioware,

Please think about introducing Character Transfers from one server to another. It can't be that hard because several other MMO's on the market already have this feature and I am sure that many of your subscribers, myself included, would greatly enjoy having this option. Of course I don't expect it to be free, but now that you have your Cartel shop you have the platform for selling this kind of service.

Here's why I personally would like to see this option in-game: When I first started TOR in the early access before launch (technically open beta, but that's pre-sub) I joined a PvP server because all of my RL friends had decided to roll on that server. I have and had several characters of varying level ranges on that server including my lvl 50 Juggernaut with fairly decent pvp/pve gear that I highly enjoyed playing. However, my friends eventually stopped playing and some cancelled their subscriptions, which I honestly never expected due to the fact that they all typically love Star Wars (as everyone should!). I eventually felt less desire to play and stopped. This was mostly due to other games coming out that I had also been looking forward to and that my friends were also into. Well now I'm back into TOR again, but this time around a couple of friends re-rolled onto an RP server. So I created a new character (an Imp Sniper) to play with them and I find myself really enjoying the atmosphere and the people on this new server. I really wish I had my level 50 Juggernaut on this server and do not want to create a new juggernaut just to replay the same experience again, that would be a complete waste of my time. The PvP server my 50 Juggernaut is on is pretty garbage and the people there are mostly just elitist d-bags or trolls. I'd much rather be able to play and enjoy the character I put so much time into on a server that is actually fun to play on and generally has nice people. There has to be some way I could keep all of my items, money and unlocks too. I mean, that is all stuff I "worked" hard for to earn.

I'm sure I can't be the only one with an experience like this.
So Bioware, please think about adding Character Transfers from server to server. Sometime in the near future would be the best thing you could do for your game (and me, of course).

Thank you!

SentinelDranoel
12.31.2012 , 10:14 AM | #2
A lot of us are in the same boat and have been complaining for a year now. I was one of the first people in early access, literallly part of the original wave. When I got my fiance to play she could not choose my server because it was full with a long waiting time. So of course we went to a new server so we can actually log in and play. I have been waiting all this time to have all my toons in one server. I am still waiting for some sought of transfer system.

I logged in last night and almost every server was full. One server had a small waiting time. I do not see a mass exodus to one server happening anymore.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.