Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BUG: Revan's Robes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JPLaro
12.30.2012 , 10:49 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
+1 to that! The models and textures are in the game anyway, so no need to invent anything, just rip it from the NPC and put in cartel shop. You get more $, we get full set. Everyone's happy, except for haters...
They might put those in the next cartel packs :/

AshlaBoga
12.31.2012 , 02:14 AM | #92
+1 to that! The models and textures are in the game anyway, so no need to invent anything, just rip it from the NPC and put in cartel shop. You get more $, we get full set. Everyone's happy, except for haters...
It's worse than you think.

The lower robes? They didn't even have to try and rip them from an npc, they're in game as premium and prototype gear. All they had to do was make them custom and change the name. I think they must have fired all the people who actually played the game or they would have known this.

Actually, BW not playing SWTOR would explain quite a few things...
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Aelther
12.31.2012 , 02:21 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Actually, BW not playing SWTOR would explain quite a few things...
Well they said they have a separate team working on Cartel Market stuff. So I wouldn't be surprised if no one from that team actually looked at Revan NPC for more than 2 seconds, let alone worked on him or played KOTOR.

Atralis
12.31.2012 , 02:33 AM | #94
Just guessing here but I would bet the reason they didn't use the one with the ring is that it would look a bit ridiculous on a character that is actually running around. Think about it. The ring wouldn't actually behave like a metal ring it would behave like cloth, just like that part of every other set of robes behaves. It would look like a painted on ring pattern on the robe rather than it actually being a ring.

Aelther
12.31.2012 , 02:36 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Atralis View Post
Just guessing here but I would bet the reason they didn't use the one with the ring is that it would look a bit ridiculous on a character that is actually running around. Think about it. The ring wouldn't actually behave like a metal ring it would behave like cloth, just like that part of every other set of robes behaves. It would look like a painted on ring pattern on the robe rather than it actually being a ring.
Oh so a painted ring is ok on an NPC, but not ok on a player?
Like I said it's not a Revan's robe and don't call it Revan's Robe then.
If you call it Revan's robe, then make it look exactly like on Revan.
Also it has been confirmed in the known issues so it clearly is wrong.

Also like some people have mentioned a repainted version of the robe with ring already exist in the game as non-moddable leg piece. So if they really decided that a painted metal ring makes no sense they would have gotten rid of that one too and / or created a robe model with an actual separate metal ring model.

AshlaBoga
12.31.2012 , 02:53 AM | #96
Well they said they have a separate team working on Cartel Market stuff. So I wouldn't be surprised if no one from that team actually looked at Revan NPC for more than 2 seconds, let alone worked on him or played KOTOR.
Eureka! That's probably it, I suspect the CM team is from Warhammer Online. Hickman probably brought his old crew.

Okay, new rule: if you do art/graphic design for SWTOR, you must play the game.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

YeIIow
01.01.2013 , 08:21 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Of course we want to fix it. Somewhere along the line something happened that resulted in this mistake. Thanks to the efforts in this thread, we're able to pinpoint this as needing to be fixed.
this brings lights of hopes to me at least. hope to see the entire original set from KOTOR remplacing the one we currently have....
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

EMagnolo
01.05.2013 , 12:34 AM | #98
I'm here to bump this to see if anything is ever going to happen!

Aelther
01.05.2013 , 12:59 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by EMagnolo View Post
I'm here to bump this to see if anything is ever going to happen!
Well my hope is that the next patch or the one after that one will fix this issue. But I guess I'm too optimistic xD. But we'll see.

SoSickMinded
01.07.2013 , 03:40 AM | #100
Well my hope is that the next patch or the one after that one will fix this issue. But I guess I'm too optimistic xD. But we'll see.
I'm hoping as well... any clue when the next patch will be anyway? o.o
"The Force is strong with this one."
Ci'dor Sith Juggernaut:
SoSickMinded Jedi Sentinel
Ci'kinr Sith Assassin