Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Expansion/2.0 Unannounced Features

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Expansion/2.0 Unannounced Features

AshlaBoga
12.31.2012 , 01:44 AM | #11
The DMs are not Rakata, they're on Rakata prime for a weapon called "Agieus." It's in the patch 1.5 notes.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Ansalem
12.31.2012 , 01:50 AM | #12
I'm just wondering how Varl is going to be used when according to the lore object codex entry it says Varl was destroyed , the atmosphere vaporized, and varl as well as the worlds nearby were all made inhabitable from the cataclysm caused by the Hutts.
Also isn't the link to soa and the dreadmasters because the dreadmasters were at one time imprisoned on belsavis in the same prison with soa? Pretty sure I read that with my CE journal of gnost dural. Would make sense that they helped pop soa out after getting some info from him about the weapon on Rakata Prime.
The whole Varl thing has me wondering if bioware is just going to retcon something in the future...Varl wasn't really destroyed like it says in the lore object...ummm aliens survived in the caves!

AshlaBoga
12.31.2012 , 02:00 AM | #13
The Soa link is that the Empire freed Soa whilst freeing the Dread Masters. Remember how we/they bombed the crap out of Belsavis when we started our invasion? Yeah, that compromised Soa's prison, the Eternity Vault.

So basically,

1. Bombing Run which damaged EV
2. Imperial Belsavis Planet Series = Free DMs
3. EV = beat Soa before he escapes from his prison
4. KP = Karagga attacks because DMs drive people in Hutt space crazy making him think he's being invaded (he is, but by the DMs, not the Empire/Republic).
5. EC = DMs take control of Kephess and Imperial forces on Denova, we kill Kephess
6. TFB = DMs try to acquire a "giant tentacle monster". We kill Kephess (again) and then kill said monster.
7. Section X = We get an HK-51 and stop DMs from using Aurora Cannon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8a. S&C = DMs convince Hutts to ally with them and raise an army which we will destroy (on Varl)
8b. Varl Dailies = some anti-Hutt related stuff
9a. Rakata Prime/Lethon Dailies = probably similar to section X dailies
9b. Dread Masters = we finally kill those annoying traitors and then proceed to new content (Revan please please please)
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Aelther
12.31.2012 , 02:07 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
9b. Dread Masters = we finally kill those annoying traitors and then proceed to new content (Revan please please please)
I'd love to see Revan again, even if he's just a force ghost now. But if they do ever bring him back I hope he's not gonna be some sort of flashpoint / ops boss again. I really hate how single player games that get converted into MMOS always try to kill off all their main characters.

Machine-Elf
12.31.2012 , 02:24 AM | #15
Expect this content to be made sparse: thinly dispersed across a number of small, bite-sized patches (along the lines of what we've gotten in the last 3 content updates).

Aside from the Cartel Market, we haven't really seen anything from this design team, and I suspect we're only going to start in about a year—after 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 2.0 (Makeb) and these other things you just mentioned.

Kalfear
12.31.2012 , 03:34 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterJacer View Post
So i did a little researching using primarily this old leakhttp://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks and came up with this: other than the Makeb there will 2 lvl 55 daily planets, 2 lvl 55 operations, and 2 lvl 55 flashpoints.

Operations:
Scum and Villainy - The hutts are builiding an army on Varl, and have to be stopped.
The Dread Masters - They are at last confronted and it may be presumable the Hutts were hired by them somewhat.

Flashpoints:
Titans of Industry: Czerka technology similar to HK is being dealt with here most likely.
The Imperial Warlord: Imperial Moff Regus has gone rouge.

Level 55 Daily Planets:
Varl
Rakata Prime/Lehon

Also, with the new Lehon planet coming in (end of KOTOR) with the new operation "The Dread Masters" it raises an important lore question. Are The Dread Masters themselves who were meant to be protective Sith Lords in fact Rakata? Was Soa related somehow to them? Post your comments about what you think about this stuff being in-game and this iffy lore question.
Yup they got this info from datamining

Problem is datamining doesnt ensure stuff will be there

Until EA Officially announces these items included in the content update.
Its smarter (based on EAware history) to assume they will not be included and be pleasently surprised if they are included, rather then assume they are included and be let down and pissed off yet again when you find out they are not.

But if this all was included, id feel much better about the content update.
Still pissed EAware lied once again to us (as there is NO WAY to misread the original statement about subscribers never having to pay for content updates). But this would at least lessen the blow.

Honestly, I just prefer a full expansion for $50.00-$60.00 bucks that does to TOR what Rifts latest expansion did to Rift.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it