Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is outta control

ieRAya
12.30.2012 , 01:51 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by MACHETE_ View Post
I have a simple question. When the expansion is released will subscription still be at $15 a month or will it go up with the expansion? I thought it was a one time deal you buy and the monthly sub is still $15 a month. Can anyone confirm please.
same here. i don't have a detail information but suddenly there is a thread that say you must pay it every month. i hope someone can give this information. and i hope it is not a rumor.
"May the Force be with us and guide to the good path."
Sith Marauder Lv.19 Jedi Guardian Lv.55

Thylbanus
12.30.2012 , 02:28 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Divona View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioWare
Owner(s) Electronic Arts
Founder(s) Ray Muzyka (retired in 2012)
Greg Zeschuk (retired in 2012)
Augustine Yip (retired in 1997)

EA and Bioware are same thing, actually Bioware doesnt exist as company only brand. I had to reply.
Huh? What did that have to do with my post?
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Thylbanus
12.30.2012 , 02:29 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by MACHETE_ View Post
I have a simple question. When the expansion is released will subscription still be at $15 a month or will it go up with the expansion? I thought it was a one time deal you buy and the monthly sub is still $15 a month. Can anyone confirm please.
No. Subscriptions will stay at the same rate. I don't know where anyone gets this idea from.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Glorthox
12.30.2012 , 05:23 PM | #64
If they kept their amount of servers they had on release, then servers wouldn't get so bogged down by the F2P people and or the F2P person running 4 accounts at one time. My problem is that when F2P was released I get tremendous lag now, I never lagged or crashed before that. Once the new content is released think about all the new bugs that will be in the game that never get fixed. Honestly they should have kept things the same and just allowed people to try the game for 30 levels and give them the option of paying for a subscription to experience the rest. As a subscriber I feel like Bioware / EA value the F2P person over the active subscriber.

grombrinda
12.30.2012 , 06:04 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
I thought we went through this already. You arent beeing nickled and dimed. You got a free sub month last summer. For you to be nickled and dimed you would have to give them an extra 3-4 euros/5-6 dollars.

Its fine to disagree with the way the expansion is setup, but you are NOT beeing nickle and dimed. Saying that ruins whatever point you're trying to make.
I wasn't given a free month of sub, as a lot of other were not. Why?....WelI might be wrong but you had to have a level 50 character to get that free time, so don't include everyone in that statement, but instead some consumers got free time.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

opriv
12.30.2012 , 06:36 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by WNxAbaddon View Post
From the announcement of Rise of the Hutt Cartel, some areas of the fan base, my self included, have been angered about the nickle and dimming that EA are doing, but the " expansion " as just made matters worse. This started when the cartel shop / F2P was released, this isnt a nee jerk reaction to one thing or the fact that its about $10 its about whats right and fair.

After watching the rise of the cartel coins vid, I goto say most of what they say make sense, so I goto ask is this turning into a P.R nightmare for the game ? and really do we subscribers have a right to be angry over $10 ?

Its fair to say there's a feeling of a lack of trust in EA / Biowear, we are being asked to pre order when there's little or no info on the forums and there's a LOT of questions about this " expansion " that need to be answered, this could be cleared up right here right now, if EA would come out and say " This is what your getting and you will need or not need the expo for the extra 5 lvls " But they wont.

So people are asking, What are they hiding most people are smart enough to smell a conn when they see it, add in EA track record and that is why people are angry, its not about $10, its about the P.R mess that EA find themselves in, It went from Subs wont pay, to Hmmmm wellllll We dont know, to Give me your money, RWZ was another mess that EA landed itself in its all down to poor communication, something EA as struggled with over this last year.

So the question for fans is, Do you trust EA enough to give them your $10 and do you think its fair that we cant use cartel coins to get the Expo ?

All most fans what is more information, then we can say this is fair or not, untill that info is out there, most people will rage stamp there feet arguing or defending the latest P.R mess, this only hurts the game, but questions need to be asked over this one more P.R mess that swtor finds itself in, due to a lack of thought and a money grabbing attitude.
10 bucks is cheap. On the other hand, I am not giving it to them. In fact, I canceled. Value, ethics, business model, track record, and gut instinct tell me it's not worth buying. I bought the CE, the box was prettier than most of the stuff inside. The game seems to lack core systems (basic things like guild mail and mini games)., Slow content release, Lack luster story, Daily quests, No community/ social aspects, a changed business model, over hyping PR, announcing FTP a week after pre launch six moth subs were renewed, and the list goes on.
Dark Order of Amaranth
PVE, East Time Zone, Ventrilio

fordpre
12.30.2012 , 11:51 PM | #67
Its simple the game cost over 150 million to develop and that was a figure that was sometime before it was even released, EA wont keep throwing money at the game eventually they will get pressure from investors to just shut the damn thing down. I think you will find the store and expansion are a last gasp effort to keep the game going, EA wont keep throwing money at something that will never make them any money. It costs money to develop new content etc. and it costs money to keep the servers up and running. Whilst most things on the internet appear to be free people make money out of it somehow even if its just advertising. If you cant see how something is funded then don't trust it!

Gannacus
12.31.2012 , 12:33 AM | #68
Life was so much simpler when you put your 20 cents into the Space Invaders machine, played for a while, died, and if you wanted to play again you put more money in.

We've progressed to gaming where it seems more like a parliamentary debate with forum members only trying to outdo each other with fancy paragraphs and threats of boycotting the game. I'm waiting for someone to sue them over this from some of the clap thats on this thread.

What a joke

Pay your $10 or don't

Principle be damned, I can't wait to get my hands on the expansion - great job Bioware, what an fantastic game you have provided us over the last year.

I'm happy as to part with my hard earned $9.99.

See you on Makeb
Negotiation through superior firepower

If you leave now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you.... and I will kill you.

Etheric
12.31.2012 , 12:55 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Gannacus View Post
Life was so much simpler when you put your 20 cents into the Space Invaders machine, played for a while, died, and if you wanted to play again you put more money in.

We've progressed to gaming where it seems more like a parliamentary debate with forum members only trying to outdo each other with fancy paragraphs and threats of boycotting the game. I'm waiting for someone to sue them over this from some of the clap thats on this thread.

What a joke

Pay your $10 or don't

Principle be damned, I can't wait to get my hands on the expansion - great job Bioware, what an fantastic game you have provided us over the last year.

I'm happy as to part with my hard earned $9.99.

See you on Makeb
I agree with ya and after doing the math i can't understand WHY people won't buy the DLC. I would have spent 180 dollars over the course of the next year, Now 10 dollars for future content + 20 dollar and my CC for ALL the unlocks i need, i just saved 150 dollars. PEOPLE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR STUPIDITY, PRINCIPLES BE DAMNED

I'm happy to keep/withold 150.00 of my hard earned money

Cleet_Xia
12.31.2012 , 01:42 AM | #70
I know, right ! $10 won't even cover the sales tax on the 3 new games you'll buy with what you save by unsubbing. And I'll bet you don't spend even a fraction of the time you spent playing SWTOR, playing through those games. Subbing saved me money this year.

Only reason I havn't preordered is because I don't want to fight the impatient hoards during early access. I'll give them 5 days to power through the content.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~