Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

TheSelkie
12.30.2012 , 05:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by pawnofevil View Post
Ok I'm going to say here since a lot are using jango and boba if any of you watched the clone wars or read about it you would know Jango stole Mando armor HE ISN'T A MANDO. Same with boba he is merely a cloned BH
Jango was adopted by a Mando and raised as one? I assume you're talking about the clone wars tv series, as it certainly doesn't say in the film that he'd not mandalorian. His being mandalorian is mentioned throughout the entire Republci Commando series, and probably in a few other places.

TalonVII
12.30.2012 , 05:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by pawnofevil View Post
Ok I'm going to say here since a lot are using jango and boba if any of you watched the clone wars or read about it you would know Jango stole Mando armor HE ISN'T A MANDO. Same with boba he is merely a cloned BH
Jango wasn't a mando? GUY WAS MANDALORE. IE leader of the Mandalorian clans. Can't be Mandalore if you're not a mando.

Same for Boba Fett. Guy is Mandalore. Can't be leader of the mandalorian clans if you're not a mando.

You sir...FAIL
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Beniboybling
12.30.2012 , 05:37 PM | #23
Didn't Boba Fett become Mandalore as well? I think that qualifies as Mandalorian. And I'm sure Jango became a Mandalorian quite early on, and fought with a clan and was somehow associated with Jaster Mereel - a Mandalorian. Basically Jango and Boba are Mandalorians, go check Wookieepedia.

pawnofevil
12.30.2012 , 08:59 PM | #24
Ok fair enough although I am pretty sure in the clone wars series when Obi-One went to mandalore one of them said he wasn't a mandalorian and his access to Mando armor was unknown
"Shoot First, Ask Questions Later"

pawnofevil
12.30.2012 , 09:03 PM | #25
Also when the BH becomes a Mando what clan are they in?
"Shoot First, Ask Questions Later"

GarfieldJL
12.30.2012 , 09:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Umm wolf, at best obi-wan fought to a stand still.
Uh, Obi-wan was trying to take Jango Fett alive, not kill him... It's rather difficult to question a corpse.

ReiKai
12.30.2012 , 09:32 PM | #27
Jango was a self-proclaimed Mandalore. There hadn't been one for centuries and, as TCW showed, the Mandalorian people changed. Also, you don't need to be born into a Mandalorian clan to become a Mandalorian. You can learn and be adopted into their traditions and Become a Mandalorian.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Wolfninjajedi
12.30.2012 , 09:57 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
Jango was a self-proclaimed Mandalore. There hadn't been one for centuries and, as TCW showed, the Mandalorian people changed. Also, you don't need to be born into a Mandalorian clan to become a Mandalorian. You can learn and be adopted into their traditions and Become a Mandalorian.
Hm? Isn't it, that if the Mandalore dies the first one who gets to the body is the new Mandalore? Cause Jaster Mereel was Mandalore(Jango's adopted father) and Jango was there when he was dying thus claiming the Mandalore title. Lol you know what, thinking about that...that is sort of a stupid rule. XD

Edit: Wait nvrm, Jaster had actual chosen Jango to be his successor before his death. Hmm...shouldn't there be a rule to playing faves? I mean just because the guy is your adopted son, doesn't mean he should have played faves.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

StarSquirrel
12.30.2012 , 10:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I mean just because the guy is your adopted son, doesn't mean he should have played faves.
Sorry, we're discussing an factional alien civilization in a far off galaxy. Logic is not allowed.
"Being abandoned to my enemies, abandoned by one for whom I once had considerable affection and respect, was like being murdered…and surviving."
-Darth Caedus

ReiKai
12.30.2012 , 11:31 PM | #30
From KotoR, it was whoever possessed Mandalore's helm would be proclaimed the new Mandalore. In SWTOR, a gladiatorial event selected the new Mandalore. However he was apparently an Imperial favorite, who was later killed by the current Mandalore in single combat (current as in SWTOR now). Generally the strongest one becomes the new Mandalore. Mandalore the Ultimate and Canderous Ordo earned their titles. Jango and Boba? Ehhh not so much.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?