Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People are amazing

Thylbanus
12.30.2012 , 03:08 PM | #21
Ok, I gotta chime in on my Recruitment [2+ Heroic] on Nar Shaddaa.

My Sith Assassin gets an invite from a Sorcerer. I figure I can tank/dps and if he's experienced, we can do this. I ask and he replies in the affirmative. We go once he arrives. He runs Andronikos, I run Khem. I start to explain what I'm about to CC and he sends Andronikos off and attacks, voiding my ability to CC (Assassins can only CC while stealthed and you cannot enter stealth once combat begins). Andronikos does Sweeping fire and aggros two groups and we wipe. I tell him to turn off Androinikos' AoEs. He said he did and we go again.

Guess what? We wipe cuz he did not turn off the AoE. I get a little frustrated, but try to instruct him on how to turn abilities on and off. He gets cranky back with me, but to his credit, does not leave. So we spend a little time going over what it means to turn it off. We settle on him bringing his Khem out. We set up and I manage to CC and I attack the weakest guy first (as you should). All of a sudden, blazing blaster fire. He pulled his Andronikos out while I was focused on CCing, voids my CC and aggros the two groups again. He dies, but fortunatly I have just enough left in me to finish off the last guy, barely. (We did manage to kill a couple every time so that last one was barely managable).

So I refuse to go on until he pulls Khem back out. I instruct him to turn off the AoEs, he says he did. Move on to the next. I CC, check to see he didn't pull Andronikos again, and then attack. Khem rushes over and Cleaves voiding my CC. We wipe. I asked him how many times he's run this mission. "Never." I ask why he said he was experienced in the beginning, he said he was, just on Republic side. This was his first Imperial character. I suppose I deserve that. I did just ask about his experience, not his IMPERIAL experience.

Oh well. I go into teacher mode. We spend the rest of the mission finally learning to turn off BOTH of Khem's AoEs and finish the mission. I put him on ignore, but then took him back off again after I thought about it. We all make mistakes and hopefullly he learned from it. Well, it was of little consequence since I never grouped with him again.

Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I don't understand why so many say the community as a whole is tough to PUG in. On my server, you can happily pug content at least 9 out of 10 times. Isn't that an acceptable rate? I'm not saying just winning, I mean 0 problems most of the time.
I agree with you though, this is memorable just because it so rarely happens. I've done hundreds of PUGs, even on the fly PUGs, grab the 3 nearest people and go. I've yet to get to the point where I would even consider NEVER PUGing again. If there are those out there who swear off PUGing, it's probably for the best since they are most likely overbearing elitists anyway. I play to have fun.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

CosmicKat
12.30.2012 , 03:25 PM | #22
It's a simple solo game.

The simplicity means it's possible to never learn any MMO tactics and still succeed.

The solo-ness means it's possible to never interact with, and thus never learn other classes' abilities, and still succeed.

PetFish
12.30.2012 , 03:53 PM | #23
It's weird that some people/servers always seem to have bad PUG experiences. I'm on Jedi Covenant, play Pub and Imp, and rarely have any issues.

The only one I had recent enough to remember is in a GF HMFP (MP). We're all 50, all geared, and all know the deal (supposedly). So one DPS is getting upset cuz we're not clicking all the blue things and doing side quests. We explain that at this point it's not worth it, we're here for BH comms, not the extra $12 and 15 Legacy XP you get for doing any bonus stuff that takes twice as long.

So 3 of us want to power through it, but the 1 that doesn't is constantly holding us up to kill trash and click blue items, so I'm always having to run back to save/heal. Meanwhile the other Tank/DPS are rolling through trash like butter. We get to G.I. Laser Eye and our Private Pyle is trying to tell us what to do during the fight while we are clearly stomping on the boss, there's no issue.

After that we're like
"look, us 3 know what we're doing, we're not doing bonus stuff, we're here for the comms, you are outvoted 3-1, so please get with the program so we can get this done".
"Oh, but I always do everything".
"Ok, then don't do random GF, make your own group and call the shots, but don't try to force others to do only what you want"

He wouldn't let it go so we had to kickvote.
Need a referral link? Here's mine if you want to help me out:
http://www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | D'alari'ia Republic | F'alconi'ia Imperial

Kalfear
12.30.2012 , 04:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
We come to the next boss. We're all standing there. Tank does nothing. Finally, I ask him what's wrong. He says to me, I kid you not, "I tanked the last guy. It's your turn."
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

OK thats pure gold!
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets

Larity
12.30.2012 , 05:28 PM | #25
I'll chime in with my lovely group run.
2 of us are guilded, other 2 aren't.

Marauder - DPS (me) Jugg - TANK (guildy) Sorc - HEALER (unguilded) Sniper - DPS (unguilded)

Foundry, Hard mode.

Me - Everyone knows what to do and their roles?
Jugg - I'm the healer right?
Jugg rank was changed to meatbag
Jugg - lol. I know what to do.
Jugg rank was set back to officer
(I do that to him)

First fights, no problem, hardly any healing done or needed.

First boss, we walk behind. Continue clearing.

Then we get to HK.

Wipe.

Me - Okay, that was weird. Redo.

Wipe.

Me in vent - You're tanking right?
Jugg - Yeah, not getting healed.
Me - Wha?

Wipe again

Me (PISSED) - WTH, WHERE ARE THE HEALS SORC?
Sorc - Oh, I'm dps, not really a healer, was just in this for the hk part.
Me - You are assigned as the healer, And you aren't the healer? I'm sorry but you are getting kicked.
Sorc - wth is your problem bro, we can get this.
Sniper - Uh, no we can't. You need to heal us so we can survive. And stop breaking the cc's.
Sorc - Well sorry for wanting to complete the bonus too.
Me - ARE YOU SERIOUS!?
Jugg in vent is laughing
Sorc - Totally bro, come on we can get this done.

Sorc charges in and the 3 of us stand there and watch him drop.

Sorc - 1 shot killed me? This guy is op. Oh, my armor's been broken this whole time. lol.

You have initiated a vote to kick on the Sorc.

Sorc - BRO WTH IS YOUR PROBLEM WE GOT THIS.

Me - F. Off.

Sorc has left the group.

Operative has joined the group. Within seconds of each other.

Me - Are you actually a healer?
Jugg - Are you dps?
Sniper - Do you actually have an IQ?
Operative - I don't wanna know. I feel very scared, but yes, I am a healer, and I hope I have an IQ.

We finish, no wipe, no problems.

ChuangTzu
12.30.2012 , 05:45 PM | #26
I have a little story to add. This 1 is about ninjas though.
So I'm lvling my guardian and while on Balmorra and I'm doing a mission where u have to disable these nodes which have a group of mobs surrounding them. So I jump in and start the fight. While doing that another guardian rocks up and clicks the node and leaves again. I decided not to say anything but while looking around for another node I see him fighting for 1 so I felt a lesson needed to be taught and zoom in a ninja the node. He tries to get it but I'm way ahead of him. I leave him to it but not b4 sending him a little message saying 'don't be a ninja'. Never heard anything from him at all.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Sleprock
12.30.2012 , 08:00 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by twiggie View Post
I promise that we're not all bad...
I didn't mean everyone, but I had to say it. My guild has a few ****** mercs.

dacentabaal
12.30.2012 , 08:11 PM | #28
who likes pie
CE Owner
Friend Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

amaresch
12.30.2012 , 08:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
I agree with you though, this is memorable just because it so rarely happens. I've done hundreds of PUGs, even on the fly PUGs, grab the 3 nearest people and go. I've yet to get to the point where I would even consider NEVER PUGing again. If there are those out there who swear off PUGing, it's probably for the best since they are most likely overbearing elitists anyway. I play to have fun.
Not all are elitist, some are just reluctant to group yet again with people who do not know what they are doing AND refuse to be helped. It's a big waste of time and very frustrating. But, I play to have fun also, and now fun means treating this game as a solo player game- with some guild action thrown in.

Overall, it has to be the luck of the draw. The post you quoted to reply to had me shaking my head in disbelief. I wish that poster had included what server that was because I want to roll a character on it just to see if it was true.
L'héritage S'Attarde
The Harbinger

ThePasserby
12.30.2012 , 08:51 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by dacentabaal View Post
Really you class those as CC's? a what, 2 seconds stun compare to a 60 seconds stun the other classes have? I wouldnt call that a CC just a break before the next attack
CC means Crowd Control. Not all forms of crowd control have to be about stunning a mob for 60 seconds. Any ability that helps with controlling the situation and hence incoming damage is a form of crowd control ability. A Vanguard/Powertech pulling a mob that's shooting at the healer to within the tank's AOE attacks. A Guardian/Juggernaut pushing a mob off to fall to his death. These are abilities that control the situation and reduce incoming damage.

There is more to CC than just stuns.