Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideas on how we can help player crafting?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ideas on how we can help player crafting?

Anosa
12.30.2012 , 05:20 PM | #1
What are some ideas you all have on how we can help make player crafting worth it? It seems the mats and such are the price of the product in the end making it pointless to even craft 50 gear. Now i can say i have sold a few 30-40 items on the GTN but not that much. What are some ideas you all hav that can increase crafting overall?
Meow

Glorthox
12.30.2012 , 05:26 PM | #2
I would like to see all crafters get new looking schematics and gear upgrades that are relevant to use at 50. All of them have something like this, but they are bind on pickup. If anything they should be bound to legacy, then they would be more useful for players. Otherwise crafting really loses its luster upon reaching 50

Anosa
12.30.2012 , 05:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Glorthox View Post
I would like to see all crafters get new looking schematics and gear upgrades that are relevant to use at 50. All of them have something like this, but they are bind on pickup. If anything they should be bound to legacy, then they would be more useful for players. Otherwise crafting really loses its luster upon reaching 50
think if they allowed item decay and such it would fix all the crafting issues in general. an appearance mod for weapons would be cool too. Maybe have a window pop up with your weapon and you can drop player mods on it that would open certain socket types that would also change the appearance of the item. Example...
if you put a socket that was the appearance of a scope on your rifle it would allow for only accuracy mods.. a longer barrel would increase accuracy and damage per hit.. ect
Meow

UltimateKrucible
12.30.2012 , 05:43 PM | #4
Simple - all crafting skills should allow for a few engame-enhancing items that only they could make.

At the moment Artificers get to make 50+crystals, while sell in the millions on my server.

As a synthweaver, I have nothing in that bracket, unless you count augments (and other crafts can make those too)

Give me the ability to craft and sell lvl-50 appropriate gear you can't get elswhere.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

grombrinda
12.30.2012 , 05:44 PM | #5
How about not selling craftable items on the cartel market???.....
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

DarkDisturbed
12.30.2012 , 06:00 PM | #6
How about we not screw over

Armor/Synth by only selling orange gear on the cartel market and no new schematics.
Cybertech by selling the ship parts on the cartel market
Artificers by selling the best looking crystals with the highest stats available at the lowest level on the cartel market

I mean, that would be a nice start, right?

Alec_Fortescue
12.30.2012 , 06:03 PM | #7
Unique. Good looking. Iconic. ASKED FOR armor sets worn by alll the enpeecees around us. Make them a world drop, rare flashpoint lewt, ops... anything. People will get them and everyone will be happy. It's about time
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.

Canino
12.30.2012 , 06:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Unique. Good looking. Iconic. ASKED FOR armor sets worn by alll the enpeecees around us. Make them a world drop, rare flashpoint lewt, ops... anything. People will get them and everyone will be happy. It's about time
Like more un-hooded jedi robes
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Anosa
12.30.2012 , 06:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
Simple - all crafting skills should allow for a few engame-enhancing items that only they could make.

At the moment Artificers get to make 50+crystals, while sell in the millions on my server.

As a synthweaver, I have nothing in that bracket, unless you count augments (and other crafts can make those too)

Give me the ability to craft and sell lvl-50 appropriate gear you can't get elswhere.
agreed. I am a 400 synth and i dont make anything compared to that. I sell augment parts but that isnt even worth my time
Meow

Chiramu
12.30.2012 , 07:09 PM | #10
I would like to personally do some of the crafting myself. I found some enjoyment out of crafting in WoW, you just set yourself to craft about 25 items while you go and do a cup of tea, in SWTOR that enjoyment is completely taken out of our hands :<.

Keep the crafting system, but let the player do some crafting themselves. Or let me do some of the Investigation, Underworld Trading or Diplomacy missions.

I wanna do things too :<. My companions have all the fun :<.