Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is outta control

Durasturan
12.30.2012 , 09:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by sumuji View Post
It's a game
It's $10
It's 100% optional

Please, step back and re-evaluate what is imporant to you enough to have a hussy fit over
I don't think you understand the long term consequences of a business decision like this. Not just in terms of where it leads the game as for future content updates, but how these kinds of decisions shape the KINDS of players you have left.

F2Pers are likely NOT going to buy this. I think it's safe to say that if you are playing this game f2p, won't sub, then it's likely you won't spend $20 for such a small amount of content. That means that a lot of the people that were infused into this game to help with things like queue times and grouping and leveling WONT BE THERE. Even the ones that decide to keep playing the game and just not buy the "expac" the ones that don't quit, they'll still be below the level cap and unable to queue for content.

How many players on each server do you think will actually be at 55? It will be like those of us that hit 50 4-5 days into the game, you had no one to group up with and were bored as heck, but now that will be the standard. There are few enough fifties as it is, there will be fewer still 55's and all the problems from before f2p and server merges will come rushing back.

TLDR: Putting another wall, especially a paywall, to getting players to max level means fewer players playing and much fewer players playing at max level. But not only charging but not allowing to even pay with CC and charging so much, they all but gauruntee that the number of people at 55 will suck. Bringing back all the problems from before the great merges and f2p brought more players to our servers.

bahdasz
12.30.2012 , 10:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post

So yes, subscribers are upset.
I think you should speak for yourself. I'm a subscriber and I'm not upset.

$10 is nothing, I paid for the game, I pay for a subscription every 6 months, I pay for a high speed internet connection, and I paid for a computer to mash it all toghether into something enjoyable... AND I can still afford $10 one time for more content than a years worth of updates... AND I'm very happy to pay it.

You people need to get some perspective. If they gave it to you for free and said "there you go, that's next year's content, see you next December" You'd be throwing a fit again. But as it is, you're going to still continue getting new free content all year an you get this for only $10. If you can't comprehend that this is not unreasonable I seriously question how you can even comprehend the task of playing the game.

Kenjermin
12.30.2012 , 10:03 AM | #23
First off Hi there, I have been playing the game since Beta, bought the digital deluxe and subbed for a few months until Real life issues came up and I had to Unsub, until then the game was fun, not perfect but I enjoyed it.
Now that things are settled i came back and played as a free player for a bit but decided to sub to get my "complimentary" cartel coins. I don't post much but wanted to chime in on this issue, (in lieu of staring a new thread )

In my opinion, to please the maximum amount of people I would have handled it like this
"Expansion" Price should be $29.99
NOW, if you have subbed, you will get a discount lets say $3 off the price for every month you have subbed. Now obviously if you have been here all year then you would get it for free, but lets say you have only subbed 6 months, that is $18 off so now it would cost you $11.99
From here you would have 2 choices, pay the balance OR use any Cartel coins you have to pay for the rest.

Additionally if you wanted to throw in a Pre Order scenario of 50% off the price would still be $15.99 and the same rules apply, only in this case if you had subbed for 6 mos you would then be getting it free but again if you had only subbed say 2 mos you would then have to pay $9.99 or use cartel coins for the balance.

Maybe throw in some goodies as well like mount, title, pet..etc but this is optional in my opinion

Either way you are rewarding people that have supported the game, so they feel appreciated, and possibly making a bit of cash on the new players that recently started playing and giving them a *CHOICE* on how to purchase the content cause lets face it, people get angry when they feel they are being forced to do something that is not fair, and in this case I can understand it.

Now this is just a hypothetical situation but the way I see if if you were here from the start you shouldn't really have to pay for the "expac" because well you made your investment by purchasing the boxed product at full retail or digital download and then subbed for a year (or however many months), but I understand they are desperate to make money, I can only hope that they stop shooting themselves in the foot and take advantage of the few opportunities they have left to turn this ship around.

errant_knight
12.30.2012 , 10:15 AM | #24
A handful of people here on the forum have a problem with this. In game, not so much. I haven't heard a single person mention it, in my guild or elsewhere, except in the context of 'Woot! Expansion! I'm gonna buy that right now!'

Durasturan
12.30.2012 , 10:24 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
I think you should speak for yourself. I'm a subscriber and I'm not upset.

$10 is nothing, I paid for the game, I pay for a subscription every 6 months, I pay for a high speed internet connection, and I paid for a computer to mash it all toghether into something enjoyable... AND I can still afford $10 one time for more content than a years worth of updates... AND I'm very happy to pay it.

You people need to get some perspective. If they gave it to you for free and said "there you go, that's next year's content, see you next December" You'd be throwing a fit again. But as it is, you're going to still continue getting new free content all year an you get this for only $10. If you can't comprehend that this is not unreasonable I seriously question how you can even comprehend the task of playing the game.
I'm glad you took the time to read the thread, or even just the post just above yours before commenting...

As you can see, there are quite a few people who DO NOT share your point of view. Of course this game has its die hards and if BW said give me $100 tomorrow or we delete your toons, they would comply. But this game also now has a huge f2p community, lets call these people your healers and your tanks. And without this infusion of people who do not think this game is worth paying for, our servers go back to pre ftp levels of suck.

Keep that in mind.

Vlacke
12.30.2012 , 10:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by WNxAbaddon View Post

Guys read the op, its not about price
Its about the fact they changed there minds TWICE before, first they said it was free, then they said they didnt know, then they said you would have to pay for it.
So it obviously is about the price, always has been and always will be with you lot now matter what spin you try to put on this.
You are contradicting yourself way too much to be taken even remotely serious, you started off with accusations about nickel and dime and then stated how the price isn't really the issue here, seriously?
Telcontar Legacy

WNxAbaddon
12.30.2012 , 10:39 AM | #27
@ Driveinns & LordSkyKnight

Please, all am asking is that we can have a semi honest and upfront discussion about this, Can we please, keep the personal attacks away, I dont wanna see another topic like this locked as it just turned into another, am right no your wrong thread, I have no problem with people if they wanna debate the whys and if nots, but please cant we be adults for once, rather than mad men just screaming insults at each other, all it dose is make BOTH sides look like morons.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
So it obviously is about the price, always has been and always will be with you lot now matter what spin you try to put on this.
You are contradicting yourself way too much to be taken even remotely serious, you started off with accusations about nickel and dime and then stated how the price isn't really the issue here, seriously?
The nickel and dime reference was for the cartel shop, thats when it started, wile the feeling of nickel and diming just carry's on, for me I dont feel nickel and dimed over the " expo " as I wont be getting it, what i dont like is the thought that I might have to get it if i wanna carry on playing, when I dont agree with how EA handled it
Darth Abaddon Tott doneeta █|||||||||||||()█╣█████████████████████████████████)

Nemmar
12.30.2012 , 10:46 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by WNxAbaddon View Post
From the announcement of Rise of the Hutt Cartel, some areas of the fan base, my self included, have been angered about the nickle and dimming that EA are doing, but the " expansion " as just made matters worse. This started when the cartel shop / F2P was released, this isnt a nee jerk reaction to one thing or the fact that its about $10 its about whats right and fair.

After watching the rise of the cartel coins vid, I goto say most of what they say make sense, so I goto ask is this turning into a P.R nightmare for the game ? and really do we subscribers have a right to be angry over $10 ?

Its fair to say there's a feeling of a lack of trust in EA / Biowear, we are being asked to pre order when there's little or no info on the forums and there's a LOT of questions about this " expansion " that need to be answered, this could be cleared up right here right now, if EA would come out and say " This is what your getting and you will need or not need the expo for the extra 5 lvls " But they wont.

So people are asking, What are they hiding most people are smart enough to smell a conn when they see it, add in EA track record and that is why people are angry, its not about $10, its about the P.R mess that EA find themselves in, It went from Subs wont pay, to Hmmmm wellllll We dont know, to Give me your money, RWZ was another mess that EA landed itself in its all down to poor communication, something EA as struggled with over this last year.

So the question for fans is, Do you trust EA enough to give them your $10 and do you think its fair that we cant use cartel coins to get the Expo ?

All most fans what is more information, then we can say this is fair or not, untill that info is out there, most people will rage stamp there feet arguing or defending the latest P.R mess, this only hurts the game, but questions need to be asked over this one more P.R mess that swtor finds itself in, due to a lack of thought and a money grabbing attitude.
I thought we went through this already. You arent beeing nickled and dimed. You got a free sub month last summer. For you to be nickled and dimed you would have to give them an extra 3-4 euros/5-6 dollars.

Its fine to disagree with the way the expansion is setup, but you are NOT beeing nickle and dimed. Saying that ruins whatever point you're trying to make.

Spiritinblack
12.30.2012 , 10:47 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
I thought we went through this already. You arent beeing nickled and dimed. You got a free sub month last summer. For you to be nickled and dimed you would have to give them an extra 3-4 euros/5-6 dollars.
In your opinion.

Some don't share that opinion.

As you don't share theirs.
I have been called a hater for voicing my opinion. So be it. But I would rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.

WNxAbaddon
12.30.2012 , 10:48 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
The free sub, wa due to another mess up, it was down to the outcry of angry people due to server outages and the lack of RWZ, thus as no baring on this a different matter.
Darth Abaddon Tott doneeta █|||||||||||||()█╣█████████████████████████████████)