Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why not just add in the Pazaak game that already exists?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why not just add in the Pazaak game that already exists?

JohnRoy
12.30.2012 , 12:42 AM | #1
Hey Devs! I am not going to link to it because I don't want to get anyone in legal trouble but I have little doubt that you know that there is already a fine multiplayer Pazaak game in existence. These folks have already done the work for you. Why not just pay them to add it to your game? Every day people ask for a Pazaak game to play in the Cantinas. Mini games are always at the top of the request list. Well you have no work to do. Why not?
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Swanea
12.30.2012 , 12:52 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnRoy View Post
Hey Devs! I am not going to link to it because I don't want to get anyone in legal trouble but I have little doubt that you know that there is already a fine multiplayer Pazaak game in existence. These folks have already done the work for you. Why not just pay them to add it to your game? Every day people ask for a Pazaak game to play in the Cantinas. Mini games are always at the top of the request list. Well you have no work to do. Why not?
The worst part is they had a quest in beta for pazaak and sabaac, as well as a working gambling machine on hutta....
Swanea Stormrider

WAR - WoW - LotRO - SWG
Internecion - Apex - FotR - EE/BoT/SWoT

AshlaBoga
12.30.2012 , 01:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Swanea View Post
The worst part is they had a quest in beta for pazaak and sabaac, as well as a working gambling machine on hutta....
Okay so what is the legal issue here? If they don't allow actual money to be bet then they're solid right?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

JohnRoy
12.30.2012 , 03:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Okay so what is the legal issue here? If they don't allow actual money to be bet then they're solid right?
I didn't want to link it because of copyright stuff. Presumably Pazaak is a Lucas trademark etc.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

AshlaBoga
12.31.2012 , 01:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnRoy View Post
I didn't want to link it because of copyright stuff. Presumably Pazaak is a Lucas trademark etc.
Lucas Arts is screwing over a game they make money off of? Don't they get royalties/licensing fees from SWTOR? Why would they oppose this?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

arunav
12.31.2012 , 02:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Swanea View Post
What was the quest? Did you actually play the games, or the quest involved them in the story somehow?