Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Senators

Noxenus
12.21.2012 , 08:17 PM | #1
One aspect I think was great from SWG was that every class in-game had a senator and their job was basically to represent their class. They would be in direct contact with the developers and they would compile a list of changes that the communities would like to see done with that class, as well as various other ideas for the class.

I think this would be a great idea in SWTOR and I'm confident there would be people out there who are dedicated to their classes and would take up the role of a class senator. There could be candidates who are known by the class communities for providing helpful guides and who really knows their class well, and there could be votes on the forums to elect the best candidate. The elected class senators could even get a cool title in-game.

I just thought this would be a decent idea as the developers could work directly with the senator and see what the communities want for their classes going into the future, be it cool armor ideas, class mechanics or anything else.
The Republic - Jedi Knight

RendValor
12.21.2012 , 10:22 PM | #2
Anarchy Online had a similar program called "Professionals" (since classes in that game were called Professions). Great way to establish clean and reliable information between the developers and the players
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Holinyx
12.26.2012 , 01:42 AM | #3
A Senator.....well in real life these guys are off like 10 months out of the year.

how am i supposed to level when my character is on vacation ?!
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Couver
12.27.2012 , 10:19 PM | #4
AoC had class "advocates" which is the same thing.

A good idea.

ZirusZero
12.29.2012 , 11:54 AM | #5
I would know how commando/merc senators would feel.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.