Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing as a female character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Playing as a female character

AussieAlan
12.28.2012 , 12:30 PM | #1
When I play a RPG where you can play as male and female and they're voiced I like to play as both at least once, but I have not played an MMO before this.
How do you guys find playing as a female character?.
Do you get bugged allot by idiots?.

Daxy
12.28.2012 , 12:42 PM | #2
i generally play female characters only with the exception of my fat body type twilek sith inq in the cartel invisible chest armor

in swtor i'm finding that there is not as much as the derpy "knight in shining armor wanting to save the poor little girl" as in other mmo's

although, if you gear your female toon in scantily clad attire be ready for some players to follow you around fleet

usually a /shoo scurries the hangers-on

Athena-Nike
12.28.2012 , 05:46 PM | #3
No real change on how others talk or treat you since there are SO many female characters out there.

As for voice overs, I LOVE the IA's voice actor (same person as Fem Hawke in DAII) and ofc a sith warrior comp has the best va in the game
Spoiler

MsMalice
12.28.2012 , 06:07 PM | #4
As a female who plays as female characters and sometimes male, I haven't noticed any difference between the two in terms of how you are treated by other players. People still usually presume that I am a dude regardless of my character's gender.
RAYESAUCYNlPPLES
<Samurai Pizza Cats>
<Just Relax>

roySWTOR
12.28.2012 , 06:43 PM | #5
I am a guy and I only have female characters. Now my friend call me names sometimes but the reason is not that I like to be a girl or anything like that, I just love the female voices AND the fact that it is really cool to be a ****** girl. My very first character was a Male jedi knight and I deleted him because I thought he was a drag to listen to.
The Red Eclipse<Empire of Tweakers>
Pemah - PowertechSha'ye - Sentinel

pan_sObak
12.28.2012 , 11:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AussieAlan View Post
Do you get bugged allot by idiots?.
not so much idiots here

but my guildies were a bit disappointed when they got that there is a 40 year old brute behind female smuggler in slavedancer outfit :-)
but i prefer have a look all the game at girl's buttocks!
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

AussieAlan
12.29.2012 , 12:44 AM | #7
Ok thanks for the info.

I am only level 22 warrior, so I only have Vette who I like as she is padma from clone wars.

MsMalice that's a cool name.

Nythain
12.29.2012 , 12:51 AM | #8
Like many others, I mix it up based heavily on voice actor and then role. Also outfits. My female toons get treated exactly the same as my male toons.
Male Consular
Female Knight
Male Trooper
Female Smuggler
Male Warrior
Female Imp Agent
Male Bounty Hunter
Female Inquisitor
Wow, that's actually perfectly even.

Kerensk
12.29.2012 , 01:53 AM | #9
Once I had a guy start bugging me because my female character was in a dancing girl outfit, he kept saying I looked hot and how it was distracting for him.

It wasn't even an RP server either. Some people really need to spend some time away from the game...
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

SandsOfArrakis
12.29.2012 , 03:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerensk View Post
Once I had a guy start bugging me because my female character was in a dancing girl outfit, he kept saying I looked hot and how it was distracting for him.

It wasn't even an RP server either. Some people really need to spend some time away from the game...
Yup, same here.

My level 20 Shadow is dressed in the Elegant outfit. Looks very much like the slave outfit, but a bit more classy.
2 or 3 times already I had this guy going "sexy lady, let's ****" Geez.

But most people don't go like that fortunately.
Írulan (Sage) ~ Jeannedarc (Shadow) ~ Sihaya (Scoundrel) ~ Elysaine (Sentinel)
Rhíannon (Sorc) ~ Gaeriel (Merc) ~ Ìrulan (Mara) ~ Aurorâ (Op) ~ Samus-Aran (PT)
The Corrino Legacy Server: The Red Eclipse