Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Making credits?

Dabrixmgp
12.25.2012 , 10:51 PM | #1
Other than buying cartel items and then selling them whats the best crewskills to take for making credits? Just rerolled to a new server and need money. Is it worth taking a crafting skill or should I do something like Slicing, UWT, and then a gathering skill that a lot of people need mats from like Archy, or Scavaging. Bioanalysis seems worthless on my new server as the mats for that sell for far less than those gathered from Archy and Scavaging.

FredeGail
12.26.2012 , 06:09 AM | #2
Roll Cybertech. When you reach level 50, you can reverse engineer for instance, War Hero mods and sell those. They're worth a bunch of credit. Overall you can also find several of ways to earn credit throughout your leveling with Cybertech.

The_Duck
12.26.2012 , 11:09 AM | #3
All crafters need mats.
You can always just harvest mats and sell them for various crafitng professions.
- The Duck

Dabrixmgp
12.26.2012 , 12:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Duck View Post
All crafters need mats.
You can always just harvest mats and sell them for various crafitng professions.
Yea made 250k last night just running scavenging missions while watching TV. I know its not much but wasnt even trying. But is the only way to make real credits like in the millions to RE mods and armorings?

Zarakaar
12.26.2012 , 12:41 PM | #5
Yes

If you're a crew skill which can RE mods (barrels hilts etc) you can also make money crafting the really top-shelf ones, but it's all still just a perk on top of cybertech REing for credits.

VigDiath
12.26.2012 , 01:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
Yea made 250k last night just running scavenging missions while watching TV. I know its not much but wasnt even trying. But is the only way to make real credits like in the millions to RE mods and armorings?
No. I have BioChem on one of my toons and have made a lot of my credits selling low level implants and eventually Columi implants when I learned the schematics.

Another way is just harvest mats. Grab slicing, underworld trading and sell the schematics and crafting missions you get from slicing and the underworld metals you get from UT. People are always looking for low level UT metals which don't drop as quick. I have a toon dedicated just to gathering mats and schematics for my other toons.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

The_Duck
12.26.2012 , 01:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
You can make millions just selling materials.
Biochem mats for sure.

The augment slot components from REing, etc.

Sometimes I compare what I can make/sell to what the selling prices are on the GTN.
If it's fairly cheap for me to make and the GTN prices are crazy high I just make a ton of "whatever" and drop it
on the GTN at a cheap price. It's a quick ~100k for 5-8 of the items to sell and didn't really take any time for me to do.

usually low/mid level crafted items sell well because people are always leveling up their alts and need decent gear. or, they want to power-level a crafter and don't want to harvest all the mats for every tier. much easier to just buy the mats in bulk.
or want to upgrade their gear.
- The Duck

Raora
12.27.2012 , 12:17 PM | #8
what server are you on now?

Lyons_Crest
12.27.2012 , 01:36 PM | #9
What is the best Crew Skill to take up and why?

Well this question has different answers as each crew skill varies.

Artifice is nice to have as you can RE "Hilts and Enhancements" and get molecular stabs at times if the item is good ( ie BH item or WH or EWH item). You can also make Color Crystals which is now shot due to the Cartel Coins & lack of new recipes.

Cybertech is also very nice as you can RE "Armorings and Mods" with the above result. Plus you can also make ship parts and droid/ HK parts. Sadly ship parts can now be purchased through Cartel coin.

Biochem is maybe one of the best selling crew skills available right now !!! First it hasn't been nerfed by the Cartel System as of yet and you the majority of your items stem from your personal kills. You in short make stims and Exotech stims which sell VERY VERY Well in the GTN.

Armstech last but not least can make RE " Barrels - blasters - vibro knives - sniper rifles - blaster rifle - and assault cannons " Good to have for the above reasoning. Creating or RE'ing to get pretty Stabs not too bad to have.

As to any or most other Crew Skills they are shot to nill with the current Cartel System and not worth getting sadly.
I.E.: Sythweaving <---- Shot - Armormech <---- Shot (Both crew skills wasted due to the Cartel System)

If making credits though is what you want I think Biochem is the fastest way to get them. Other Crew skills can make good credits in time such as

Artifice if you can learn to make 27 Hilts & and 27 Enchanments
Cybertech 27 Armorings & 27 Mods
Armstech 27 Barrels

Beltane
12.27.2012 , 07:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyons_Crest View Post
As to any or most other Crew Skills they are shot to nill with the current Cartel System and not worth getting sadly.
I.E.: Sythweaving <---- Shot - Armormech <---- Shot (Both crew skills wasted due to the Cartel System)
Could you elaborate on this? Because I don't see any reason why Synthweaving & Armormech have no value due to the Cartel store...

On Ebon Hawk at least, I have made all of my millions off of Synthweaving. People underestimate the value of those orange schematics, especially for belts/boots/bracers. People want that stuff as they're leveling up, or to stick their endgame mods in for different looks. They take tiny amounts of often low level resources but easily sell for 20k apiece. Adds up really quick.

Augmentation Kit MK-6 are still selling like hotcakes for about 47k apiece, and purple augments are selling for around 70k each.

I just hate seeing a profession dismissed as worthless because you can't make one item worth 500k. There are different crafting styles and no right or wrong, just like anything else. I personally prefer to sell tons of cheaper things with minimal effort than have to grind and waste tons of money REing mods before I get anything worth selling for a huge profit lol.
--=[ The Ebon Wraiths
Ebon Hawk | Dark Side Criminal RP
IG: Olyvia