Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 3 GTN annoyances

Raora
12.24.2012 , 09:46 AM | #101
people who try to eyeball cpu and not use a calculator, pft

Kariella
12.24.2012 , 09:31 PM | #102
I think you are wrong in flaming people selling in lower stacks

I sell both... I will sell large stacks... but I also sell small stacks which I try to base on use... if there is a popular recipe that takes 4 of x... then Ill post stacks of 4... and often I will make a greater profit on that small stack... cuz where they might not want to buy your stack of 50 at 50k (since they only need 4)... I can usually sell my stack of 4 at 6k and make a greater per...

as for undercutting... I have been playing ah's ever since they added them to games... and while some price stupildy... many like me have a set profit margin and if I can cut you by 1 and still make my margin then all I can say is sorry... but once below my margin I just wont sell...

oh and while you hate undercutters... am I also supposed to believe that you will never raise your price if you see an item selling for more?
make me and offer and i'll think about it...

Raora
12.24.2012 , 09:59 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Kariella View Post
I think you are wrong in flaming people selling in lower stacks

I sell both... I will sell large stacks... but I also sell small stacks which I try to base on use... if there is a popular recipe that takes 4 of x... then Ill post stacks of 4... and often I will make a greater profit on that small stack... cuz where they might not want to buy your stack of 50 at 50k (since they only need 4)... I can usually sell my stack of 4 at 6k and make a greater per...

as for undercutting... I have been playing ah's ever since they added them to games... and while some price stupildy... many like me have a set profit margin and if I can cut you by 1 and still make my margin then all I can say is sorry... but once below my margin I just wont sell...

oh and while you hate undercutters... am I also supposed to believe that you will never raise your price if you see an item selling for more?
stacks of 4 are better than 1. But it's basic math.

You can have too 90 slots to sell now. So, using that number you place 90 stacks of 4 at 6k per (1500cpu). Experience tells me over two days you will sell roughly 50-70 of the 90. Lets use that average of 60. 60 X 6k = 360k in sales

Using those same 90 slots and you place 90 items up for sale in stacks of 20 at 20k (1000cpu).
Experience tells me over two days you will sell roughly 40-60 of the 90. Lets use that average of 50. 50 X 20k = 1,000,000 in sales. That's almost triple your sales in the same 2 day period.

As a buyer (crafter) a stack of 20 for 500cpu less is far more worth it as you will use that item more than just once to make a single item down the road.

Sinapus
12.24.2012 , 11:36 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
1. People who post prices below the given buyout price. If two Terenthium cost 95 creds to gather, you need to sell both of them for 50-75 each to make any profit. Can't believe people are too stupid to understand that...

2. If I want to sell multiple stacks of the same item, I have to post that stack, then manually adjust the price. For each. Effing. Stack.

3. Buy my damn Silica already.
Or Desh. You can get a lot of both if you're overzealous on scanning every desh pile/droid corpse you find in some places.

I noticed that most of the crafting schematics require resources in groups of 2, 4, 6, or 8 of a particular material. I might try selling resources in those denominations plus some larger groups. So I can have something for those who are missing a small amount of material for one item and some bulk amounts for those trying some larger scale crafting.

Edit: Re, the crowds at the fleet sites and other public kiosks. It's not too annoying, though it's probably polite to dismiss your vehicle first before stepping up to it.

"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

Genuine
12.25.2012 , 01:26 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
1. As a resource seller, someone pricing stacks 1 credit per unit lower than mine. If you are going to undercut me, undercut me!

2. People who place stacks on the GTN in stacks of 1, even worse people who put stacks of 1 that are undercutting me by 1 credit per unit. Just takes up space on the GTN and it's far more profitable in stacks of 20 or so. Putting 50 stacks of 1 with an average sale of 750 is 37,500 credits over 1-2 days. Just go out and run dallies for an hour and make more that.

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest

Raora
welcome to a MMO lol its the same in all them
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Karkais
12.25.2012 , 01:42 AM | #106
What exactly is GTN referring to? I thought its GTM as in Galactic trade market.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Raora
12.25.2012 , 11:52 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
What exactly is GTN referring to? I thought its GTM as in Galactic trade market.
Network

BattleGracefully
12.25.2012 , 12:45 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
Network
Network of Markets.
Keiga - Guardian
Licani - Sentinel
Millianna - Vanguard

DataBeaver
12.26.2012 , 01:48 PM | #109
1. Not knowing what's the actual going price for an item. There's no history information available and I don't have the time to track the market manually, so my best guess is to search for the item and take the lowest available price. Often I undercut a little since it's more important to get the item sole and out of my inventory than to make maximal profit on it.

2. No commodity market (selling in bulk and buying partial stacks). Selling large stacks of items is just horrible. If I don't split a large stack up, it won't sell. If I do split it up, usually the same person buys it all. It's also annoying to look for the lowest unit price in the search results.

3. People selling items for less than the cost of obtaining them. Luxury fabrics are almost impossible to sell, even if I just want to get rid of them and put a break-even price on them.

Darth-Rammstein
12.26.2012 , 03:02 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
1. Not knowing what's the actual going price for an item. There's no history information available and I don't have the time to track the market manually, so my best guess is to search for the item and take the lowest available price. Often I undercut a little since it's more important to get the item sole and out of my inventory than to make maximal profit on it.

2. No commodity market (selling in bulk and buying partial stacks). Selling large stacks of items is just horrible. If I don't split a large stack up, it won't sell. If I do split it up, usually the same person buys it all. It's also annoying to look for the lowest unit price in the search results.

3. People selling items for less than the cost of obtaining them. Luxury fabrics are almost impossible to sell, even if I just want to get rid of them and put a break-even price on them.
You hit the three big ones there.

1. I came from wow so I was used to using wowhead to cross check the ah to maximize my profit and if the market was lower than it's value I'd hold onto it. In swtor I have no idea what going prices are since they change so rapidly and torhead doesn't have prices of gtn items because no addons are available to track it.

2. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to split large stacks up to 99 into smaller stacks because they just don't always sell or they are buried so far back no one will ever see them.

3. This one annoys the life out of me. People will literally sell items at a loss with all the undercutting they do. I stopped running missions for mats on some of my characters because it is seriously cheaper to purchase them off the gtn than it is to run long expensive missions hoping to get what you need. If I'm in the market to sell and prices are lower or at cost of the item I'll just let it rot in my bank, I'm not a charity and I'd rather destroy my items than give them away at a loss.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five