Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideas for potential future classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Ideas for potential future classes

RaptorClown
12.23.2012 , 03:29 PM | #51
Gamorrean throwing axes as new ranged dps!

MerlinStarwind
12.24.2012 , 01:32 PM | #52
I think it would be cool to have several classes available to both sides.

Republic Agents - an SiS storyline could be fun.
Republic Bounty Hunters - Why not? Bounty Hunters should be neutral anyways.
Empire Smugglers - You know smugglers worked for the Empire too.
Empire Troopers - They obviously have Imperial soldiers

I know that some classes are supposed to correspond to the other side, but the abilities are not all the same and they play quite different. I just think it would be fun to have more variety.

Crimson_Paladin
12.24.2012 , 06:01 PM | #53
I'd like if they made droid classes.

Holinyx
12.26.2012 , 01:39 AM | #54
THIS is the next class we should have......NONE.

stop with these threads already.

what do you want....a Shaman? Necromancer? Beastlord?

This is not WoW/Everquest.

It's Star Wars. so please...just stop.

RACES....that's the discussion we should be having. let's....OMG....let's talk about something that's actually going to be in the game for once. crazy talk i know, but that's just me, crazy. Cathar anyone?
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Zaxem
12.26.2012 , 02:09 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
THIS is the next class we should have......NONE.

stop with these threads already.

RACES....that's the discussion we should be having. let's....OMG....let's talk about something that's actually going to be in the game for once. crazy talk i know, but that's just me, crazy. Cathar anyone?
so you do no want anymore story then that's the whole reason i want a new class sometime for new story and doesn't hurt to just throw our idea other there
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Vgbeee
12.27.2012 , 01:04 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post

What point are you even trying to make? That the current class line up somehow covers the entire spectrum of star wars lore and there is no possibility for class additions?

I hope not, as that would be a stupid thing to say

Admoniter
12.27.2012 , 02:52 AM | #57
A summoner type class would be welcome IMO.
Pubs would get a SIS slicer
Imps get Sith Alchemist

Khevar
12.27.2012 , 05:32 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Admoniter View Post
A summoner type class would be welcome IMO.
Pubs would get a SIS slicer
Imps get Sith Alchemist
Interesting idea. The slicer would summon droids perhaps? Sorta like multiple dps companions?

How would you see this working for complicated boss fights in HM Ops?

Svevin
12.28.2012 , 01:12 PM | #59
Honestly, the more I think of it, the more I see a lot of these ideas being applicable as talent trees. Slicer? Scoundrel tree with a couple powers that are essentially DoTs with robot animations. Sith Alchemy? Sorcerer tree, same application, change the animation. I would not cry at all if fourth trees were added, or if 51-55 had a separate branch that allowed for these types of sub-classes.

Darkchip
12.29.2012 , 05:45 AM | #60
Truth be told all those ideas sound pritty cool but i think if anything they won't make new class's we could start as but give us more as we go on like a IA Oprative could take a more focused class of medic that could drop massive amounts of healing over a group of allys with a healing probe or summion a healing Probe that would float around the battlefield spraying kolto on allys and zapping enemys or even injecting posions into the enemy. Or a more focused DPS that would give us more options on assassinateing our targets with our vibroknifes and posions.
I think the class's we have are great but i would like to see them expanded later down the track.