Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want Adaptive Blaster Rifles

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I want Adaptive Blaster Rifles

GalaxyStrong
12.13.2012 , 03:57 PM | #1
It would really be nice if Blaster Rifle's and Sniper Rifles were adaptive for Agent's & Trooper's. I just feel like their is a way better Blaster Rifle Selection than Sniper Rifle selection in this game and that new Cartel blaster rifle looks awesome. I really want a wider selection of weapons to choose from, for my Sniper. Currently a Sniper can not use a blaster rifle due to the DPS loss and you are locked out of a number of sniper abilities. But, if BW would make make B. Rifles & S. Rifles adaptive people could have alot more choices regarding what weapon selection. I'd like to think this idea could apply to Troopers as well (Commando).
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Wolfninjajedi
12.14.2012 , 03:30 PM | #2
Edit: Oh wait..nvrm thinking you meant moddable.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

_biddan_
12.15.2012 , 04:35 PM | #3
there are snipers that look like blasters and vice-versa arleady.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

GalaxyStrong
12.16.2012 , 03:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
there are snipers that look like blasters and vice-versa arleady.
uh, no they don't..
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

_gideon
12.16.2012 , 03:03 PM | #5
There are a couple that do. I use the colicoid blaster rifle for assault spec and it's a sniper model.

LordExozone
12.16.2012 , 03:17 PM | #6
Yes I completely agree. This will provide some well needed extra customizability to our characters, and will allow bountyhunters to finally look like proper bountyhunters.
It's really silly how some classes like Sith warriors have the option between several completely unique looking weapon types (for example lightsabers, vibroswords, and now with the cartelshop a gamorrean axe!) while other classes are effectively restricted to a single weapon type (operatives, bountyhunters, etc..)
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Kitru
12.16.2012 , 04:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
other classes are effectively restricted to a single weapon type (operatives, bountyhunters, etc..)
At least you're not an Inquisitor/Consular where the hilts of your weapons are almost imperceptibly different. Knight/Warriors would be the same, but at least they get Vibroswords as an option.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Sanctioned
12.16.2012 , 06:38 PM | #8
If BH could get rifles I would consider playing it again. Nothing looks sillyer than a guy in a bulky heavily-armored blaster-repelling jetpacking missile-throwing plasteel mechno power-suit pewpewing with a tiny peashooter. It's so *** backwards and ridiculous-looking. It's hard to get over how stupid it is to dual wield pistols in the first place.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

GalaxyStrong
01.02.2013 , 01:28 PM | #9
Bumped
Because I really want this to happen.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

johnpickard
01.03.2013 , 01:23 PM | #10
Uhm, im using one of the shotgun looking things on my sniper right now for pvp, and it looks wierd but literally performs exactly the same. i just ripped mods from my sniper rifle and put them in it where they were an increase. i have noticed zero dps loss