Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grade 7 crafted ship items too expensive

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Grade 7 crafted ship items too expensive

Holinyx
12.12.2012 , 07:52 PM | #11
what....you guys don't have 3,000 fleet commendations and 48 Stabilizers on each lvl 50 character ?!

Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Trispast
12.12.2012 , 09:06 PM | #12
I don't see why Bioware doesn't just sell credits, that is exaclty what the ship items on the cartel market has created, people buying credits with real money, yeah there is one extra step involved but I see no difference in the end

nbayer
12.13.2012 , 07:32 AM | #13
Prices are already way up from what they were yesterday, still not covering the materials but getting close. I really don't think the majority of these items are coming from the cartel market. Aren't they bound to your character for a couple for a couple days before you can list them on the gtn? Because the lowest prices I've seen were on patch day.

DAMossimo
12.13.2012 , 07:45 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
Prices are already way up from what they were yesterday, still not covering the materials but getting close. I really don't think the majority of these items are coming from the cartel market. Aren't they bound to your character for a couple for a couple days before you can list them on the gtn? Because the lowest prices I've seen were on patch day.
Yeah I couldn't help but notice this too. Something fishy is definately going on.

nbayer
12.13.2012 , 08:08 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
Yeah I couldn't help but notice this too. Something fishy is definately going on.
My guess is people had lots of fleet comms built up and were not spending them. So they just purchased the parts off the vendor and listed them for some quick credits. I think people are quick to blame the cartel market when it's too early to tell if it's going to be an issue or not.

Elear
12.13.2012 , 10:30 AM | #16
Aren't they bound to your character for a couple for a couple days before you can list them on the gtn? Because the lowest prices I've seen were on patch day.
Most likely they are exactly same parts that are avaible to players, coming in standard Cartel Box. So while box itself is bound for duration, all items are BoE all the time.

Quote: Originally Posted by Trispast View Post
I don't see why Bioware doesn't just sell credits, that is exaclty what the ship items on the cartel market has created, people buying credits with real money, yeah there is one extra step involved but I see no difference in the end
While I still hate that they put those parts in market, there is gigantic difference between this and selling credits from thin air. Those parts allow people to make money, true, but that is only true if other players have that money. This doesn't introduce any extra credits into economy, better yet it sucks out a little of them(GTN fee). If BW ever started selling credits directly, from thin air, then whole economy would colapse. While selling parts is very bad, it's not THAT bad.

Daystarr
12.13.2012 , 11:16 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ErosGyne View Post
this is the beginning of Pay2Win(hope not)
BW knows players dont like to grind, 700 fleet coms for 1 part is ridiculous, and the amount of mats at their prices makes the item unmarketable on GTN
so they put the same part in the Cartel Market for real cash, buying "gear"(ship parts) for real cash for us to be able to do something in game is P2W
because without that ship parts you cant do the missions
almost no one did space missions, now thing will be the same, nothing change
Errr not really... the Space missions are really just a mini game. There's nothing competitive about it, there's no ranking system... you don't see players post up World Firsts for completing the hardest space mission.
Coral -
- Aseko - Marauder // Akeso - Assassin -
- Akkyvineus - Shadow // Aseka - Sentinel -
Stream // Hybrid Sin - Dat Push! - Carnage Op - Failbang

Trispast
12.13.2012 , 12:12 PM | #18
On my server prices are still in the 300k range, and many of the items listed can not be purchased for fleet coms, or they are bop when purchased with fleet coms. The items on the GTN have to be from the cartel packs.

The Dev Tracker has a new post dealing with this. Bioware is looking into the massive difference in prices!

tweekbrand
12.13.2012 , 03:02 PM | #19
Early patch day I sold 5 of the ship parts I bought with the cartel coins I got for resubbing for 1.2 million each.
That night they had dropped to 300k.

I had planned on reverse engineering them all but, oh well .

Then just as I was getting ready to fork out 1.9 million for a 27 barrel , someone advertised on fleet that they could make it for free with mats.
Happy Patch Day

uniz
12.15.2012 , 10:37 AM | #20
cost of mats are the same for the new droid gear. looks like it is the standard base material cost of crafting that tiers gear.

however you cant buy the droid gear from the cartel either. this is the issue plain and simple. that is buying the gear from the cartel cheaper than what crafted can be made and sold for.

some of the ship parts can be bought with daily coms. after looking all over the place i noticed there are several means to get these ship items. i just cant remember them all.

however after listening to a few friends on vent regarding the new missions i decided not to invest any coms in buying them. it appears with any lag, which some of us like myself still have, such missions are nothing more than a lesson in humility and frustration. the later i dont need from a game i play to relax and have fun.