Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Idea for future storyline conduct.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Idea for future storyline conduct.

mrdecerto
11.18.2012 , 03:41 PM | #1
I think if you done a hostage type story that the players would get a main companion taken away and the storyline would be that of a resuce and save to get her or him back. You could some how work Jaxo back into the story.

Kilikaa
11.18.2012 , 04:02 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdecerto View Post
I think if you done a hostage type story that the players would get a main companion taken away and the storyline would be that of a resuce and save to get her or him back. You could some how work Jaxo back into the story.
First, let me say I do like the idea of a companion being kidnapped. The problem is choosin which one. It would work better as future companion stories in my opinion.

Bringing back Ava Jaxo I also support. I wish we could have gotten her as a trooper companion. The only problem is that the only way she would return is if you saved her. Her return would be based on the indiviual players choices.

AlexDougherty
11.19.2012 , 02:14 PM | #3
This is a "Marmite" idea, some people will love it, some will hate it. Personally I think it would only work for the majority if you gained an extra companion this way.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Ancaglon
12.14.2012 , 10:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Bringing back Ava Jaxo I also support. I wish we could have gotten her as a trooper companion. The only problem is that the only way she would return is if you saved her. Her return would be based on the indiviual players choices.
Exactly. Characters that live or die by player choices (such as
Spoiler
have a sort of a Schrodinger's Cat existence -- in the wider context of the game, their "alive-ness" is indeterminate. So, the only thing BioWare can do (without really stretching plausibility to the breaking point) is to make sure you never see them in the game again.

Spoiler
It's events like these that show how illusory our choices within the story are).

As for the original idea, at least on 2 of the Storylines -- the Consular and the Trooper, you do temporarily "lose" a companion, due to events in Chapter 3 or the end of Chapter 2.

johnxtreeme
12.14.2012 , 05:52 PM | #5
The problem was that for a long time, they couldn't do it because of gameplay purposes. Now that every class has a companion for every role (DPS, healer, tank), they *can* kidnap a (new) companion and you'll be able to keep playing with the role you want to.