If You Won't Buff Commando's, Then Nerf Everyone Else!

Asukaa

These are the abilities that I feel need to be swung at by the nerf bat:

General Nerfs:

1. Guard - Needs to be reduced to 30% with talent options (in tank tree only) to increase it by 5-10%.

2. Resolve system needs to be reset to pre 1.4

Class Nerfs:

Jugg/Guardian - Reduce Smash/Sweep dmg by 10%; Reduce Unstoppable/Unremitting buff duration by 2 seconds.

Sage/Sorc - Force Armor/Static Barrier stun procs only on casters bubble.

VG/PT - Reduce HiB/RS armor ignore to 60%; increase ammo/heat of Ion Pulse/Flamethrower.

Kthxbai

Edited by Asukaa

Just make it so that when commandos/mercs have their shield active, they can cast channeled abilities on the move.

That will go a long way to solving their issues. Not a total fix by any means, but a solid start.

Move Combat Shield to tier 1, problem solved.

If it allowed them to cast on the move Commando healers would be able to be immune to interrupts and be able to cast on the move. A little too much if you ask me.

Move Combat Shield to tier 1, problem solved.

If it allowed them to cast on the move Commando healers would be able to be immune to interrupts and be able to cast on the move. A little too much if you ask me.

I was thinking that the heals be left as they are, give them an instant cast HoT (i don't have a merc/commando healer, so dunno if they have one), and make it only offensive abilities can be used while the shield is active, and moving.

Or something like that.

Either way, I think the shield use is a key part of making them more viable.

Commando: Devs! Nerf EVERYONE!

Dps Scoundrel: But I didn't do anything!

Commando: EVERYONE!!!

Nah, but you should get buffed, I agree. :p

That made me LOL! Poor ops... =*(

Still, nerf Hallow.

Edited by Asukaa

I was thinking that the heals be left as they are, give them an instant cast HoT (i don't have a merc/commando healer, so dunno if they have one), and make it only offensive abilities can be used while the shield is active, and moving.

Or something like that.

Either way, I think the shield use is a key part of making them more viable.

We do have an instant cast reactive HoT, Trauma Probe. It's heals are kind of lame if only because it only ticks once you take damage. So if you are constantly on the move trying to maintain LoS it's not healing you at all. We also have an instant cast heal, Bacta Infusion but it's on a somewhat long CD.

I think it would just be easier to move that one talent down in the tree than create a new one in the gunnery tree. You couldn't make it a baseline because as I mentioned it would give Commando healers way more than it should (they would be able to fight while moving as well as be interrupt immune while stopped) and Vanguards would then be able to use Mortar Volley or Pulse Cannon while moving. and let's face it, with BW past history of talent tree updates I think it would be far easier for them to just move one down than start making up new ones.

Although I don't think it's really a case of DPS Mando/Mercs being able to move, Snipers/GS do great without moving. They don't have the tools keep people away and they also can't DPS on the run. It's like BW wanted them to kind of do both but gave them the tools to do neither effectively. If they had an on demand root, more than one KB or some sort of leap immunity they would be much better off. Something like an ability to make them leap proof/interrupt proof similar to Hold the Line (lasts for ~8 secs. ~35 sec. CD) they would be far more effective. That ability in tandem with Tech Override (makes next casted ability instant) would greatly increase their ability to stay alive.

The other solution is to make them more mobile. Either way BW needs to pick one and run with it.

You could buff some AC'es by nerfing everyone els but I don't believe commando is one of the them. The problem with commando seems to be lack of escapes so even if you nerf the damage output on other classes the commando is still going to die, on behalf of not being able to get away. Compare that to sorcs, they already have all the escape tools so a slight buff to their damage or a nerf to everyone els would do wonders for them.

These are the abilities that I feel need to be swung at by the nerf bat:

General Nerfs:

1. Guard - Needs to be reduced to 30% with talent options (in tank tree only) to increase it by 5-10%.

2. Resolve system needs to be reset to pre 1.4

Class Nerfs:

Jugg/Guardian - Reduce Smash/Sweep dmg by 10%; Reduce Unstoppable/Unremitting buff duration by 2 seconds.

Sage/Sorc - Force Armor/Static Barrier stun procs only on casters bubble.

VG/PT - Reduce HiB/RS armor ignore to 60%; increase ammo/heat of Ion Pulse/Flamethrower.

Kthxbai

Someone's mad because he wasted his CCs on vigilance guardians with unremitting leap way too many times XD

Edited by Darkshadz

Commandoes need a buff. No one esle but SNIPER!!!! needs a nerf.

for example this is a convo between a Jugg and a Sniper

Sniper: Yo noobs look at my damage!! haha it's the highest in the wz, noobs! You all suck!

Jugg: You're just OP, Sniper doesn't require any skill only the ability to press keybinds lol

Sniper: You're the one who's OP, noob, shut up.

(I'm not actually saying that Sniper doesn't require skill, cuz I'm sure it does. This is all just for fun

Just make it so that when commandos/mercs have their shield active, they can cast channeled abilities on the move.

That will go a long way to solving their issues. Not a total fix by any means, but a solid start.

this solution is too freaking obvious and generally agreed upon BY THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY. so there's no way BW will do it. srsly. who ever objected to that? I've seen it mentioned and approved in various threads. I've never seen anyone adamantly object to it. that's for sure.

Or maybe something along the lines of Pulse Generator from the VG tactics tree.

Get 5 stacks of Charged Barrel and your Grav Round is instant and FA is uninterruptable.

Flameburst* and you're an idiot

Powertechs and Vanguards have been nerfed twice already and peopel still cry about them? lol.

Edited by Didy_Kush