Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Blockade Runner's Cartel Pack Feedback.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Blockade Runner's Cartel Pack Feedback.

veyl's Avatar


veyl
12.11.2012 , 12:18 PM | #1
I'm excited that there's new stuff, don't get me wrong... But what's the point of having a separate Cartel Pack if you can get the same exact stuff that you do in the Crime Lord's?

Two of my packs Included the Energy Torso + A banner or speeder which I don't think should be the case. (I kept enough coins from the first set for this.) RIGHT IN THE DESCRIPTION IT STATES: This Pack Contains Rare Bonus Items NOT Found in Any Other Cartel Market Pack. <<<<<<<<<<<<<< This is not 100% accurate and sure as hell is false advertising.

Kento-Solo's Avatar


Kento-Solo
12.11.2012 , 12:22 PM | #2
It's actually not, it does have items you can't get in the other packs, as well as the items that you can get. Confusing, but not false advertising.

My only problem thus far is a ship droid customization that is bound. I got it on my empire toon through the pack, but its for C2-N2, making it utterly useless. If it was bind on legacy, not a problem. But as it is, I can't trade it, I can't sell it, I might as well delete it
I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

MoFugga's Avatar


MoFugga
12.11.2012 , 12:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kento-Solo View Post
It's actually not, it does have items you can't get in the other packs, as well as the items that you can get. Confusing, but not false advertising.

My only problem thus far is a ship droid customization that is bound. I got it on my empire toon through the pack, but its for C2-N2, making it utterly useless. If it was bind on legacy, not a problem. But as it is, I can't trade it, I can't sell it, I might as well delete it
Well actually it should say "can contain" instead it specifically says " Each pack contains rare bonus items found nowhere else!"

lol I got opposite Imp customization on my Jedi.

veyl's Avatar


veyl
12.11.2012 , 12:28 PM | #4
"False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label"

Yes. It is False Advertising if it doesn't state that the new product isn't guaranteed. What they have written deceptively insinuates that the new stuff is in there when in fact it's just a *chance* to be in there.

I also got a ship droid customization for the opposite faction that isn't tradeable.

Kento-Solo's Avatar


Kento-Solo
12.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MoFugga View Post
lol I got opposite Imp customization on my Jedi.
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
I also got a ship droid customization for the opposite faction that isn't tradeable.
I'm writing a ticket, they didn't think this one through lol, should make it bind on legacy like the Rakghoul skins
I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

Screaming_Ziva's Avatar


Screaming_Ziva
12.11.2012 , 01:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
"False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label"

Yes. It is False Advertising if it doesn't state that the new product isn't guaranteed. What they have written deceptively insinuates that the new stuff is in there when in fact it's just a *chance* to be in there.
There's only one problem with your argument. You are NOT buying Blockade Runner packs with your $$$. You are buying Cartel Coins with your $$$. Once your $$$ is converted to Cartel Coins, no false advertising law is going to protect you (crappy yes but truthful). You get exactly what you expect to get with your $$$, Cartel Coins. Nothing else.

AelixVII's Avatar


AelixVII
12.11.2012 , 01:31 PM | #7
I'm (biased) and happy about the them because I got Revan's Chest Plate in my first pack lol

Journeyer's Avatar


Journeyer
12.11.2012 , 01:38 PM | #8
Everyone skips the word Bonus these days, huh?

What if a piece of gear promised on the label to give you +10 strength? What if you equipped it on your character, got up from your computer, and discovered that you were exactly as strong as before? Or *less* from melting in front of a machine? Rageeee? No. Because, even though it is in no way stated anywhere on the in-game gear, it is implied that the language of the promise is within the context in which the promise is given.

That is to say, "there's a mechanic that we assume you understand. If you did not understand it, this item and its description text can not be expected to be meaningful. Within your understanding of the mechanic, we provide the following."

As has been made amply clear, cartel packs contain "bonus" items. These are extra items (that's what a bonus is) that occur rarely.

The packs you refer to contain bonus items, per the cartel packs mechanic. The bonus items that are associated with this new pack are not the bonus items associated with any other packs.

Assuming, of course, that the word Bonus is clear.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Jimsam's Avatar


Jimsam
12.11.2012 , 01:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
Everyone skips the word Bonus these days, huh?

What if a piece of gear promised on the label to give you +10 strength? What if you equipped it on your character, got up from your computer, and discovered that you were exactly as strong as before? Or *less* from melting in front of a machine? Rageeee? No. Because, even though it is in no way stated anywhere on the in-game gear, it is implied that the language of the promise is within the context in which the promise is given.

That is to say, "there's a mechanic that we assume you understand. If you did not understand it, this item and its description text can not be expected to be meaningful. Within your understanding of the mechanic, we provide the following."

As has been made amply clear, cartel packs contain "bonus" items. These are extra items (that's what a bonus is) that occur rarely.

The packs you refer to contain bonus items, per the cartel packs mechanic. The bonus items that are associated with this new pack are not the bonus items associated with any other packs.

Assuming, of course, that the word Bonus is clear.
Except the Cartel Shop description does not say "Chance of Bonus Items", it says "Two Rare bonus items with a chance of Super Rare" which means there should be two rare items in each pack to begin with.
Spoiler

jgoldsack's Avatar


jgoldsack
12.11.2012 , 01:49 PM | #10
The problem is that there was an assumption based on what was discussed about these packs that since the packs were limited time only, that the items contained in them would not be items that were found in the other packs, meaning... you don't get OTHER pack items in the Life Day packs... so the Life Day packs contained only items added for Life Day.

if I wanted Life Day items, I would buy the Life Day packs. If I wanted "normal" pack items, I would buy the normal pack. That is the assumption based on what the devs told us, as to how the Life Day packs worked.

Obviously it was an incorrect and frustrating assumption.

However I am more frustrated that certain items found in these packs are not tradeable and are bound to the player automatically.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.