Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Master Dar'Nala
R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship

Antiskeptic
12.10.2012 , 04:37 AM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by ZIMMOZMAN View Post
mmmmmmm What other guilds would you like to see play in the next comp?
I would like to see beyond redemption get a team i know they would at least have half a team already that play war-zones i can name 4 off the top of my head Qar, Eveta, Pexalotte and Darnina sorry if i spelt your names wrong but with 4 dps that's already a good team.
Eveta and Pexalottle are heals... Well I'm certain Eveta is... Pretty sure Pex is as well
//

ZIMMOZMAN
12.10.2012 , 06:30 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Antiskeptic View Post
Eveta and Pexalottle are heals... Well I'm certain Eveta is... Pretty sure Pex is as well
I meant as in they need 4 dps to fill the rest of team.
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

Antiskeptic
12.10.2012 , 06:32 AM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by ZIMMOZMAN View Post
I meant as in they need 4 dps to fill the rest of team.
ahh that makes more sense.
//

bibbyd
12.10.2012 , 03:11 PM | #224
Don't forget deanh he s pro dps or heals. They would get a good team together
<Ewok'alypse Now>

Bibles

Tom_the_Narwhal
12.10.2012 , 10:22 PM | #225
Come tonight Legit's making an effort to get our guild full Wh and EWH main/off just so we can participate next time. We're a mostly PvE guild and you guys have probably never even seen another member other than me in pvp regularly so should be good to get in on the action
Tomthenarwhal
Ihaveabiggun Issues Cicolluis Tomthenarwhal
Fioria Fanta-Pants
Gm of <Legit>

Scorpiooooo
12.10.2012 , 11:39 PM | #226
The R.A.W Championship: SEASON 1

Due to the sucess of the R.A.W Championship, we have decided to push forward with a long-form tournament in 2013.
Please continue to post your thoughts and interest in this forum as we begin preperations for the tournament.

There are only a few things confirmed so far:

1) Scorpio (Icesis) and EsKy (Fresk) will be back as your commentators for the entire tournament. This time - they will both have microphones and much improved camera work! Oh and this time, instead of being naked, we'll find some fancy costumes for our characters to wear.
2) Round-Format. There will be Two Pools of teams that will play amongst each other for priority ranking. Once all teams in the Pool have played, the top teams move through to the Finals. Exact method and number of rounds TBC pending teams commiting to the Tourney.
3) Equipment Restrictions - EDIT - None as per response. TBD.
4) Games will be played TWO NIGHTS PER WEEK (2xbest-of-3 matches per night). Exact nights and times TBD (Most likely Mond/Thur or Wed/Thur).
5) Entry Fee for Prize Kitty TBD (Credits)
6) Player of the Tournament Prize TBD.

R.A.W Championship: SEASON 1 is due to kickoff in late January/ early Feb 2013 - SO START PREPPING NOW!

We've got a lot of prep to do, but prob won't be able to start until early January. If you want your Guild to participate, start practicing now. Gear up, 1.6 is coming tonight, so it's a great time to get into PvP!
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

ausmisc
12.10.2012 , 11:52 PM | #227
If you're running with gear restrictions make it War Hero IMO. That way if someone decides they want to cheat they aren't really going to gain much by swapping to EWH, and WH will be relatively easy for everyone to obtain from tonight onwards. Plus a lot of PVPers are broke and cannot afford recruit gear.

I understand gear restriction will make for a level playing field, just saying it will be somehwat of a pain in the arse for those with fairly tweaked setups like legacy belt and bracers with campaign armourings, mixtures of EWH and WH modifications on items, plus all the people who will be trading in their WH soon for EWH pieces.

Ideally if we had enough teams I gues you could have a recruit division, and an open division.. but that probably isn't feasible for us at the moment (possibly if we ever got merged with Dalborra)

Jumpchan
12.11.2012 , 12:01 AM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by ausmisc View Post
If you're running with gear restrictions make it War Hero IMO. That way if someone decides they want to cheat they aren't really going to gain much by swapping to EWH, and WH will be relatively easy for everyone to obtain from tonight onwards. Plus a lot of PVPers are broke and cannot afford recruit gear.

I understand gear restriction will make for a level playing field, just saying it will be somehwat of a pain in the arse for those with fairly tweaked setups like legacy belt and bracers with campaign armourings, mixtures of EWH and WH modifications on items, plus all the people who will be trading in their WH soon for EWH pieces.

^ its going to be hard to restrict beyond making everyone earn a whole new set and default sets espcially for some dps classes are so acc heavy its not even funny
Jump
/avoid

SupaHsuB
12.11.2012 , 12:21 AM | #229
I dont believe Gear restriction is the way to go, you need to encourage ppl to do PVP and earn the top lvl gear on their own. Placing gear restrictions might see less ppl interested in doing pvp in general as they believe they dont need to go thru the grind for gear. People who go thru the grind should be rewarded.

On the other hand it might be helpful for PVE players to just pick up a recruit set and participate, but lets be honest if they were any good at pvp in the first place, they would be pvping, not just afking on fleet waiting for bloody pve pops/ops.

Edit: an all recruit gear only format might work to even the playing field, but to establish a difference with Default WH, Min-maxed WH, EWH, and Min-maxed EWH will be problematic.

krakl
12.11.2012 , 12:47 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by ausmisc View Post
Ideally if we had enough teams I gues you could have a recruit division, and an open division.. but that probably isn't feasible for us at the moment (possibly if we ever got merged with Dalborra)
This.

Your 'open division' is the premier league, the place where heroes are made and dreams are crushed, where people spend every second min maxing their gear for that slight edge. This will be what everyone aspires to.

However if you include a 'recruit division', this will allow those who are a) not geared enough, or b) not quite skilled enough (like me :P) to gain some real practice at ranked, and even some bonus ranked comms for good measure. I would think you would get quite a few extra guilds involved then, who may not be quite ready/willing to try out the full league, but want to dip their toe in the water.

The biggest success factor to an ongoing league like this would be a continuous source of pvp talent who are ready to duke it out. All server pop issues aside, this would be a good way to do it.

Now it depends what others think, and if the organisers would want to take on the extra scope.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I forgot to say, that the recruit league doesn't necessarily need to be streamed, but can run at the same time, just so there's some structure to it.
Retired - <Midian>
Dragonovic Endorra
La'Bella BillyTheTank