Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warning to all those attempting Vorgath NiM (maybe HM too)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Warning to all those attempting Vorgath NiM (maybe HM too)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Draloch
12.06.2012 , 10:50 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
If you have yellow and are targeted by yellow(yellow is an example, can be any colour) you dont die. you basically shield yourself.
I died to IX in phase 2 by getting a purple color deletion protocol (I had the purple bisector buff), so at least this week, you do die if you get your own color. It was hard mode IX and it was the only time that it happened. It ended up not affecting us too much. We raised me back up and still finished the fight fine, but it does seem to be a messy bug.

marshmallow
12.07.2012 , 12:52 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Very interesting. While I'm absolutely grateful for the efforts to make this fight harder and more interesting (at least for the non-solver), there are some problems with the way this was done. Specifically, putting the optimal path on *either* the left or the right wall is problematic because you need to commit to one side or another almost immediately. This is particularly true of the right wall, since it is one square longer than the left. If you get unlucky and commit to the wrong side, there's no viable way to backtrack in time to make the enrage. So, the best we can do is just reveal left and right sides as well as the second square in the respective files and make a guess based on which ones turned up green.

What I think would be really nice to see would be if the optimal path were always on the left, but not necessarily a straight line. It is actually possible to defuse *one* mine that is not against the wall, so long as it connects to a chain of greens which lead back to the wall with no defusal. This would be interesting, since it would force the solvers to branch out, and also compel those in the minefield to move quickly across multiple squares to the defusal target, following a probe kill (which of course, must be against the wall).
You can't go into the middle of the minesweeper with the new mechanic because of the fact that you can only have one green square up at a time.
Scoundrel-rep
Juke-moves
Duxo
Every Dog Has It's Day

Classicks
12.07.2012 , 04:16 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
You can't go into the middle of the minesweeper with the new mechanic because of the fact that you can only have one green square up at a time.
Unless they changed something with the patch Tuesday you actually can get 2 greens in a row, however the one you are on does return to red after the one ahead is defused.
The Fusebox Legacy
Fusebaux \ Comeback \ Compel \ Fuse-box
<INTREPID> The Harbinger
PvE Scoundrel Healing Guide

_gideon
12.07.2012 , 08:28 AM | #44
Mechanic not broken! Is feature!

kudrin
12.07.2012 , 10:53 AM | #45
My guild cleared him in HM last night and there was a cast bar for Overload however we did encounter a bug on the last row of mines where it wasnt showing up at all and turns out was green the whole time so we could have turned iff the mines and begun the fight but because of this we hit the enrage on the turrets. so just be cautious that this is a problem but idk if its an on going thing.

TheTbone
12.08.2012 , 04:07 PM | #46
This fight is much easier now. We don't even have to worry about interrupts (the cleave is nice to interrupt, but not a deal breaker), and we don't even have to worry about finding the path. Somehow I don't think that making NM easier was the intent, though. It definitely feels like a broken mechanic more than trying to make the fight harder, but whatever.
#The Furious Angels#
Commander Tbone - Leader of FA
Jung Ma Server
Website|The Signal

bjbm
12.10.2012 , 11:21 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks, I spoke to designers Toby McCall and Jesse Sky and this is what they had to say about this:

When Nightmare Mode was released, Overload had no activation time, but its ballistic component was not working (which meant Overload could be completely ignored). We corrected this in the patch. In Nightmare Mode, the optimal path will always appear on either the left or the right wall, so a wall will always be available for tanking the demolitions probes.
If theres need for further proof that BW fired all their developers/programmers, this is it.

Turning a bug into a "feature". gg bw