Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Theodulus
12.10.2012 , 03:33 PM | #1741
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
lets fixed ranked pvp. then 99% of this whining becomes irrelevant
You are asking for the impossible...

DarthBloodloss
12.10.2012 , 03:47 PM | #1742
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
lol wut? That's kind of the point of being in a guild. Not sure if you're serious or trolling. As for the weekly reset on bosses, that's sort of the point of raiding/slowing down gear progression, only 1 clear per week, then locked out. There's nothing wrong with that at all, I'll go ahead and answer for bioware here and say "Working as intended" in terms of being able to clear an op once a week, lol. Seriously though, are you trolling? Either way, thx for the lulz.
Yes I was in a joking mood, sorry lol

I just wanted to remind some people that most of us play online games to play with their friends (or other people in general).

If you boil the whole game down to the basic principle....is it to be balanced, or to be fun? I would rather play an unbalanced game if it was still fun somehow. But no one would play a balanced game that wasn't fun.

So IMO its more important to have fun grouping with friends in a non-RW, than to punish the elite players by making them only solo pug in non-RW.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Jeffor
12.10.2012 , 03:53 PM | #1743
Wow almost a year later and I a can't believe more people aren't sick of these warzones. I always hope that I will come back and hear that people have stopped running them in favor of world PVP. I can dream I guess. They just get so old and I can't imagine premades full of players that have been running these for a year. I hope they get PVP right in this game someday. Warzones?! Blech. I've had enough thank you.
LotRO: Jeffaman/Lilnooblet/Jeffrandir/Cephus-Brandywine Server
SWG: Cephus/Herodotus Tchuck'Tchuck'aachoo-Ahazi Server (At one with the force)
SWTOR: Cephus TchukTchukAchoo-Jedi Sentinel-The Swiftsure Server
Farewell SWG Gone but not forgotten S238

cashogy
12.10.2012 , 04:01 PM | #1744
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
Wow almost a year later and I a can't believe more people aren't sick of these warzones. I always hope that I will come back and hear that people have stopped running them in favor of world PVP. I can dream I guess. They just get so old and I can't imagine premades full of players that have been running these for a year. I hope they get PVP right in this game someday. Warzones?! Blech. I've had enough thank you.
world pvp is pathetic in this game. not only is is a massive PITA to even get to areas where open pvp *might* happen, but the game engine can barely handly 16 players being in an instanced area, let alone 20+ players in the open world zones.

without a massive optimization overhaul, world pvp is still going to be rare

criminalheretic
12.10.2012 , 04:08 PM | #1745
Quote: Originally Posted by darthbloodloss View Post
premades are ruining pve raids too. I always ask random people if i can join their raid but they always claim to be full of guildees. Its clear that their guild is just exploiting the respawn timer of bosses to kill them every week for momentary gain. How can this be allowed?

And on the same topic, 2 good pvpers should not be allowed to be friends. I personally refuse to group with anyone i know, because it would most likely upset server factional balance and cause the game to implode.

My assassin has non-augmented recruit pieces but i still make sure to never group with friends, just in case.
7.5/10
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

criminalheretic
12.10.2012 , 04:18 PM | #1746
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
If only that were the case, I'd really have no complaint. But my experience on pub-side Harbinger is something close to 1 in 50 getting a premade on my side vs being in a complete (or nearly complete) pug group against at least 1 premade. It is rare for me to see even 3 people from the same guild in the solo queue during prime time.

I accept that other servers and factions may have better experiences, but I'm not really interested in re-rolling on another server or faction.
Just to play Devil's advocate.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=567777
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Veniras
12.10.2012 , 05:07 PM | #1747
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Arg I got patches mixed up, its Monday. I think it will be in by 1.8, not 1.7 but thats just what I think seeing as 1.8 wont be out til February-March.
It might be in feb-march, but even so I doubt they would mention it. Mentioning a new/better system would make ppl ask what was changed.

Ofc the patch note could simply state "improved the matchmaking"

CommanderKeeva
12.10.2012 , 05:23 PM | #1748
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
Well OWPvP isn't likely to return until they figure out a way to balance factions somehow. Having 15 Reps fight against 70 Imps was what killed it ine the first place. We're not asking for perfect balance but we're asking for a reasonable limit per faction. You're always somewhat under/overpowered in OWPvP but 3 almost full Imperial ops groups against 1 partial Republic one (pretty much the situation on our server on Ilum in January) is just too much.

Also, if you remember those zergfests back in January, melee classes are completely useless in such a situation. You have two giant mobs shooting and throwing lightning at each other, while the melee are standing around idly doing nothing. If they get too close to the enemy mob, they're pulled in instantly and jumped by dozens of people.

So yeah as much as I love large scale open world PvP battles, it wouldn't be feasible until they address these issues:

1. Massive faction imbalance
2. Melee uselessness in mob fights
3. Hero Engine can't handle a lot of people in the same place, FPS drastically drops for the majority of the players

Conclusion: OWPvP is a buggy, imbalanced zergfest in this game that you can enjoy watching one frame at a time.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

LenrocNewDawn
12.11.2012 , 01:32 AM | #1749
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Yes I was in a joking mood, sorry lol

I just wanted to remind some people that most of us play online games to play with their friends (or other people in general).

If you boil the whole game down to the basic principle....is it to be balanced, or to be fun? I would rather play an unbalanced game if it was still fun somehow. But no one would play a balanced game that wasn't fun.

So IMO its more important to have fun grouping with friends in a non-RW, than to punish the elite players by making them only solo pug in non-RW.
Unbalanced game systems can't be fun on the long term (what is expected of an MMO). Let me explain. First of all players will perceive the balance issues and since in WZs there are 8 victors and 8 conquered some, if not all, of the conquered will blame their defeat on the flawed system (sometimes for good reason). Those players will lose desire to participate in a system that they find unjust and out of their control and thus the pool base of players will shrink and the circle will tighten. You'll say "but 8 are always winning" true but irrelevant as long as some of the 8 that lost left the system. You'll say "get above the curve", true and very sound advice when you are talking with a friend of yours but again irrelevant when we are talking about an entire player base. Let's say for the sake of the argument that all players are going to form pre-mades in order to participate in WZ's then you'll have an all pre-made queue pool with all its flaws ( uneven numbers will screw the the teams, no back-filling, no reinforcements etc) but we both (all) know that will never gonna happen though.

TL;DR Long run fun and a thriving PvP community can only be achieved in a as balanced as possible system. I doubt BW (or anyone for that matter, but BW in particular ) can nail a perfect system but they should aim for that and hope they have a tight spread .

Cheers!

Edited: PvP system as it is now feels a bit like a "Ponzi Scheme". Fresh players are being prayed upon and when they get older they get to pray on others . Hmm, guess is the nature of the beast.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

Zlotvor
12.11.2012 , 09:32 AM | #1750
Today i got lvl 50 and i thought finally no more low lvl noobs in wz but was wrong.So i inv a friend( who got lvl 50 today) and we q for wz i am a healer and he is jug.Out of 6 wz we won 1 every wz we marked enemy healers and every wz only we attacked the marked targets. In cw we def snow enemy healer didnt die 1 we lost ofc.So how can you say premades are ruining wz if you dont know how to play wz?Pve noob who think if he has pvp gear he knows how to pvp theay are ruining wz not premades u need premades to win f_____g wz!