Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Theodulus
12.10.2012 , 11:53 AM | #1731
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Stealing pages from this thread again, are we?

Bad, bad, Bioware!
You are not allowed to expose the matchmaking flaws in the PvP system. Bad bad Keeva for calling Bioware out on how the system works. At least this means Bioware are aware of the flaws and are trying to silence those who expose the matchmaking system's flawed mechanics.

cycao
12.10.2012 , 11:56 AM | #1732
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
You are not allowed to expose the matchmaking flaws in the PvP system. Bad bad Keeva for calling Bioware out on how the system works. At least this means Bioware are aware of the flaws and are trying to silence those who expose the matchmaking system's flawed mechanics.
They know that the matchmaking could be better, they said it themselves and have plans on changing it "soon".

Theodulus
12.10.2012 , 12:00 PM | #1733
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
They know that the matchmaking could be better, they said it themselves and have plans on changing it "soon".
Soon™ means in 9 months time at best. They are certainly aware of many game breaking issues. Sadly their focus is adding armorsets already existing in the game to the cartel shop. Makes one wonder where the hell their development effort actually is going since they don't add new content. You could even grab sneak peaks from the new warzone 4-5 months ago. It looked pretty damn near finished back then and you could even play it on the gaming events they visited and demoed it.

cycao
12.10.2012 , 12:09 PM | #1734
Soon™ means in 9 months time at best. They are certainly aware of many game breaking issues. Sadly their focus is adding armorsets already existing in the game to the cartel shop. Makes one wonder where the hell their development effort actually is going since they don't add new content. You could even grab sneak peaks from the new warzone 4-5 months ago. It looked pretty damn near finished back then and you could even play it on the gaming events they visited and demoed it.
I will be willing to bet that a better system ill be in place by 1.7. Keep in mind that they are working with limited resources and don't have the man power to work on everything they want to work on at any given time. They have a new planet coming out and are increasing the level cap and also I have heard things about 1.6 is more class balance.

As for the sneak peak for hypergate back this summer, well yes it looked like it was working but I did not play it and who knows what kind of messed up bugs could have happened back then. I want a perfect warzone, not some bugged mess that is unplayable.

Theodulus
12.10.2012 , 12:13 PM | #1735
I will be willing to bet that a better system ill be in place by 1.7. Keep in mind that they are working with limited resources and don't have the man power to work on everything they want to work on at any given time. They have a new planet coming out and are increasing the level cap and also I have heard things about 1.6 is more class balance.

As for the sneak peak for hypergate back this summer, well yes it looked like it was working but I did not play it and who knows what kind of messed up bugs could have happened back then. I want a perfect warzone, not some bugged mess that is unplayable.
I'm pretty certain there will be lots of bugs anyway since they don't want us to do extensive testing on PTS. Otherwise they would let us either copy characters to PTS or have boost items that boost you right to level 50 and perhaps give you some comms to try out the new content.

DarthSabreth
12.10.2012 , 01:09 PM | #1736
I'm pretty certain there will be lots of bugs anyway since they don't want us to do extensive testing on PTS. Otherwise they would let us either copy characters to PTS or have boost items that boost you right to level 50 and perhaps give you some comms to try out the new content.
i believe that 1.6 will alow you to copy your lvl 50 to the PTS.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Veniras
12.10.2012 , 03:07 PM | #1737
I will be willing to bet that a better system ill be in place by 1.7.
I am pretty sure there will be no mention of better matchmaking in 1.7

cycao
12.10.2012 , 03:08 PM | #1738
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
I am pretty sure there will be no mention of better matchmaking in 1.7
Arg I got patches mixed up, its Monday. I think it will be in by 1.8, not 1.7 but thats just what I think seeing as 1.8 wont be out til February-March.

cashogy
12.10.2012 , 03:17 PM | #1739
lets fixed ranked pvp. then 99% of this whining becomes irrelevant

VLAHD
12.10.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1740
This thread has been brought litterly hundereds of times. Sadly i doubt anything will change, EVER!!!!....One thing to remember; not all premades are created equal. If it is a known exploiter/hacker premade, i leave immediately. If it is a well organized pvp premade, i leave immediately. If it is a bunch of guys from the same guild that i have never heard of before, i usually stay.

When i do leave, I feel bad for my teammates, but we all play to have fun. Losing 14 out of 15 matchs is not fun for me. One loss after another only frustrates you, and doesnt complete weekly pvp quest. I never complain about people leaving warzones, as i understand why they do it. I would actually rather see them leave early on a close game then sit on a node for defender points.

If you really want to make a statement, simply quit queing...The boards will catch fire in here about the lack of pvp again...just like the used too

Ask for cross server ques...more poeple in the pot will space out the steamrolls and let you que against more pugs.
Vlahd
If you see me running, you had better catch up !!!