Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Ephesia
12.10.2012 , 04:37 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
why then skip-running them?
do what is still scarying you :-)
or do it proper way if you do run it for fun and not for gear!
Yeah, definitely. People will have a lot of fun and joy over spending 1 hour in flashpoints that can be completed in 15 minutes that they have done perhaps a hundred times before and will have jolly good FUN!

Not.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

pan_sObak
12.10.2012 , 08:07 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Yeah, definitely. People will have a lot of fun and joy over spending 1 hour in flashpoints that can be completed in 15 minutes that they have done perhaps a hundred times before and will have jolly good FUN!
Not.
If you run one certain Flashpoint hundred times - it's all because your own greediness has you.
No one needs to run a Flashpoint 'hundreds times' to get one part of gear set - no more then 10 and you will have it for sure.
You've got your part of gear? Run another Flashs for another parts. Got the whole set? Run operations. Did all operations nightmare mode both 8 and 16 men? You are kidding!
Nobody makes you run any Flash 'hundred times'. Nobody. There is no need for that in the game at all.

Wanna grind days and nights to be a little overgeared goddy?
Then do not complaint about "i am tired of hundreds runs to get proper gear for me, for my companions, for my alt, for my alt's companions, for my another alts and for theirs companions and just a bit to sell out on GTN to get some money because i am so greedy and first of all for BH commendations to buy more gear from vendors because big boys do not take me with them to operations..."
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Sorc 55, Sin 55, Sage 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

Ephesia
12.10.2012 , 09:02 AM | #143
If you run one certain Flashpoint hundred times - it's all because your own greediness has you.
No one needs to run a Flashpoint 'hundreds times' to get one part of gear set - no more then 10 and you will have it for sure.
You've got your part of gear? Run another Flashs for another parts. Got the whole set? Run operations. Did all operations nightmare mode both 8 and 16 men? You are kidding!
Nobody makes you run any Flash 'hundred times'. Nobody. There is no need for that in the game at all.

Wanna grind days and nights to be a little overgeared goddy?
Then do not complaint about "i am tired of hundreds runs to get proper gear for me, for my companions, for my alt, for my alt's companions, for my another alts and for theirs companions and just a bit to sell out on GTN to get some money because i am so greedy and first of all for BH commendations to buy more gear from vendors because big boys do not take me with them to operations..."
You are missing the point. There is no fun to be had about content you have already seen, chewed and digested. You simply do that as a means to an end, you do not have fun in that FP, you have fun when you get your end result. (BH commendations for most), if you make FP's 45 minutes instead of 15, these people won't have fun in the end, as you seem to claim.
Member of Catalyst

pan_sObak
12.10.2012 , 09:27 AM | #144
You are missing the point.
no, i am not.

There is no fun to be had about content you have already seen, chewed and digested.
how many times you need to run it to get your part of gear? 5 or 6 runs?
how many times you need to run content 'in 15 minutes' to fully and totally chew it and digest?
why do you run it more?
no fun no run.
it's simple.

You simply do that as a means to an end, you do not have fun in that FP, you have fun when you get your end result. (BH commendations for most)
You do not need BH commendations from HM Flashs if you run operations and get campaign gear from ops loot.
There's no hard work to get BH comms enough for implants and ears (35 each) - the only BIS gear you can not take from ops loot. And these gear is not vital for ops effectiveness. It helps, but not vital.

and about your fun from end result - people are supposed to have fun playing through content.
not just from getting the final loot. loot is just a help to get to another, next content.

why on earth are you playing for? to get The Most BFG in the Game only!?
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Sorc 55, Sin 55, Sage 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

wetslampigduex
12.10.2012 , 09:50 AM | #145
So, by reading a few pages of this i've come up with this...

So all you newer play realize why all us 'geared' experienced player most likely skip all this. When we hit 50, we ran these FP's to gear, we were locked out of these FP's after running them once per day. We were not over geared and honestly some of these FP's had some rough spots while attempting them in daily gear/tio/columni gear(there was no BH ect.). I remember it took me 3 week's running BP to get the damn boots.

I do these FP for 1 reason and 1 reason only now, for the BH com's so i can gear alts or r/e bh gear for mats. That being said, i've done every FP on HM no less than 75 times. I do not want to watch the convo, i do not want to kill trash i can skip, i do not want to waste anymore time in said FP than i need to. However, if i join a GF HM FP and i see players w/ 13k-14k HP, i absolutely have no issue in taking another 2-3 mins to kill a random mini or bonus boss in a fp(except kaon cause that one just takes forever and ppl in that gear will die lol) all they need to do is ask. I also space bar through every convo(everyone should have done these while lvling cept maybe the last few d7, kaon, ect.) if someone states they haven't seen the video, then by all means go ahead and watch it, just let it be known this is your first time, i will not give you any bs.

So all in all speak up and the majority of the people will sympathize with you(at least i will), but to be honestly we just wanna face roll as fast as possible thru the FP and if your slowing the group down more often than not your pissing the exp. players off. Or we're just laughing at how bad you are... i.e. you have no idea how many dps assassins ive seen standing 25 meters out the entire FP LoL.(even after telling them they are a melee class, christ the only ability that can hit that far is FL if they use recklessness... and thats on what a 1-2 min CD lol)

BogyOne
12.10.2012 , 10:03 AM | #146
Discussion looks like Greek tragedy where either opposing side was right or doing the right thing.

I would however consider gamebreaking or unfair imposing on players the need to clear everything - that is what communication is for - agree on start one way or the other, stay or leave by own decision and suck it up if you have not left the group which you did not like.

On my side I was never met with any rude or insulting behavior when asking in FP if anyone would do bonus bosses because I never seen them yet. It turned out in each group that there was at least 1 other person who never did it. Funny moment comes when group who blitzes in 15 mins through HM FP for BH comms start wiping on bonus boss.

Rgs

PS.
You do not need BH commendations from HM Flashs if you run operations and get campaign gear from ops loot.
There's no hard work to get BH comms enough for implants and ears (35 each) - the only BIS gear you can not take from ops loot. And these gear is not vital for ops effectiveness. It helps, but not vital.
That's right but we're hamsters on the treadmill.

Thundergulch
12.10.2012 , 10:43 AM | #147
I prefer to spacebar and skip as many mobs as possible, BUT if someone wants to do all the content and needs gear badly, I have no issue completing everything if I have the time.

Satedbuffalo
12.10.2012 , 11:25 AM | #148
I liked the constructive suggestions a while back about making killing bosses worthwhile. As it is, the super awesome loot they drop isn't worth most players' time. If they dropped BH comms, even one, I'm sure you'd see people killing them - even hitting bonus bosses.

As it stands, Bioware incents boss/trash skipping: the faster you can get through a run, the faster you can gear up. I'm happy with this, too, but either option is fine. But expecting GF groups to be in a FP for an hour for no greater reward (12.5k from a tionese offhand aside) seems...cruel.

Ephesia
12.10.2012 , 01:21 PM | #149
no, i am not.

how many times you need to run it to get your part of gear? 5 or 6 runs?
how many times you need to run content 'in 15 minutes' to fully and totally chew it and digest?
why do you run it more?
no fun no run.
it's simple.

and about your fun from end result - people are supposed to have fun playing through content.
not just from getting the final loot. loot is just a help to get to another, next content.

why on earth are you playing for? to get The Most BFG in the Game only!?
Ah. Ahahahahaha. 5-6 runs? You sir, are a complete joke, or an oblivious person to how this game works. And you have no right whatsoever to tell me how I should play, what I should do. Cry all you like, I will prefer my 15 minute runs to your 45 minute all boss trash killing runs? Not like it? I am a tank, I will get insta pop another group after leaving yours, and will have my way.
Member of Catalyst

david_watt
12.10.2012 , 02:52 PM | #150
I would note that only the columni rewards , Daily , and BH comms are worth doing. The tionese comms drop too slow to be worth the trouble of getting that gear. I already have all purple mods , augments, and purple armour with just a week or so of dailies. I do though prefer to do all the bosses. However, I have yet to do a single HM flashpoint in which the group did not skip all bosses possible. Including the final boss of Taral V which would have dropped a columni piece. I would prefer to do at least the bosses and definitely the final boss on all runs I do. However, I believe a fast run with a group that can do it is better than a slow run in a group that can't, or leaving and rolling the group dice again. I do think BW should make the quest bosses sequenced so you have to kill each boss to unlock the next and have to defeat the last boss to finish the flashpoint. The fact that you can run past the last boss on taral v and go straight to talking to the scientist and your done is very bad design. Also bosses should not leave combat if we run away they should chase us all the way till we or they are dead. Otherwise make a door behind all bosses that you have to unlock by defeating them to continue. There is no logical reason to design things so that a boss can be skipped might as well redesign the flashpoints so they are final boss only.
Trelleg - Jedi Sage Jedi convenant server